Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 25. From 18-24, I was clear, until 6 months ago. I just want to know if there are any other adults on this forum, because obviously, adult acne is different then teenage acne. Show yourselves smile.gif

Yup. 32. Still break out some, not much, but enough to where it enrages me. If it weren't for Tazorac, Eucerin toner, DDF sunblock gel, aloe vera, along with periodic Smoothbeam treatments, all of which stymie the development of acne, I probably would have committed suicide by now. I'm miserable, but not suicidal.

I wish I could afford Fraxel. From what I've read and researched, it puts all other lasers to shame.

Hi, I'm a 30 year old and I've had acne for hmmmm 8 years or so. I didn't suffer as a teenager at all, but now I want to cover my face when I speak to people.

im 24 and have to deal with this crap, from 18 - 21 i was good, but for the apst 2 years, i dont know what the hell happened

i only have like 3 acitve pimples, but tis all the marks from past blemishes that make my face look like crap

I'm 26 female suffering from acne for as long as I can remember. I went on Accutane when I was 20 yrs old. However, accutane didn't work its full magic on me and acne came back couple of months after I finished my course. Although the returning acne was somewhat managable, recently my skin flared up so severely. So, I'm on accutane again and I think I'll probably have acne until I die of old age. I wish I can find the exact cause of this curse so I can keep it under control. Acne makes me feel so powerless because no matter what I do, nothing seems to work.

Guest Amy Lee

I'm already 21, so I guess I can classify myself as an adult, or of legal age. I had acne since 10.

Im 24, and Ive had acne since I was about 10 also. I don't get it too bad on my cheeks, but on my chin and forehead. I is lessening a bit, but I think thats due to the mild glycolic peels Ive been doing(loreal renoviste), because Im starting to break out again a bit. I think my skin is getting used to it.

My sister never got acne in high school, then when she turned about 26 or so she started to break out. She went to a dr about it and he said that sometimes if you do not break out in high school, you will start to in your 20s or 30s...then theres some of us who get it from an early age and it never ends eusa_doh.gifeusa_angel.gif

Im not sure what my sis did(she is about 36 now), but she doesn't break at all out anymore. I will ask her and post back here.

good luck on your progress eusa_angel.gif

I'm 23 and I've had acne for about 7 years.

I wouldn't mind having acne if I didn't have to shave all the time. Shaving around pimples sucks. I'm so worried about cutting them open that I miss a bunch of hairs on my chin or neck or something. And I always cut myself anyway!

But my rosacea bothers me more than my acne. Rosacea's basically guaranteed to worsen as you get older, they don't understand it, and there is very little research being done.

Skin problems suck.

I am now 31 and have suffered on and off for about 10 years. I have mild acne. The worst I have suffered is while I was pregnant and breastfeeding with my two little ones. I have been clear by going on the pill but really don't want to be on it longterm, however as I am not clearing up I am seriously considering going back on it. My health is amazing, my diet is great I exercise regularly and put simply I have a wonderful life, I certainly am not stressed.

I have been on chinese herbs which cleared me up as well however these are EXTREMELY expensive, they do work amazingly, not only do they clear you up they make your skin feel so wonderful - like babies skin! the chinese doctor I saw gave me herbs that helped clean up my liver but once off them it did not take long to break out again. My doctor (western doctor) believes it is my hormones that is actually causing it and that I do not have a problem with my liver. I go through many stages where it seems as though I am clearing only to break out again.

hi Im 39 gay guy from London suffering facial & back acne It has dstroyed my self esteem & confidence is Nil ANy suggestions? cause my last relationship went down the pan when I completely fel apart when I got all this acne 3 years ago before thbat I had clear skin. I wish somone could help me I am pretty desperate & at my wits end thanks

cry.gif

I'm 24 and have been suffering from mild to moderate acne for three years. I keep wondering when I will finally find the right formula to get rid of it. I am currently on orthotricyclen and Dan's regimen. I think there have been some ninor improvements, but nothing to shout about. I keep hoping I will wake up one morning and it will all be gone. Wouldn't that be nice...

I'm 30, had it since I was 14, went on Accutane at 22 which left me completely clear until 2 months ago when it broke out again for some unknown reason.

started having bad skin when I was about 18/19 now I am 25 and it seems to come in cycles every one gets worse it seems...well I used Proactive for awhile...then that stopped working and I was lost for a year trying everything. Then I found Intaglio Skin Care which is glycolic Acid...and that cleared everything like magic...i mean magic...now this last week I have started breaking out on my chin and its not bad but I have such anxiety that it will go bad again that I cant stop thinking about it and I am driving my husband crazy. I just dont want to go to that place again of being out of control...you know. It helps to read things on here and see that I am not alone. The normal people have it so easy...they just dont know. When I was completely clear I was one of them and got caught up in life and other problems...once in awhile I would think...oh how nice not to worry about my skin...but now I am terrified. I am obsessed I know, but acne is a horrible thing...I will try to keep my mind off it and not stress! Thnks for support.

i`m 25 now and have had acne since about 17. It was bad at 17 then got much better until about 3 years ago and its all over my jawline and i can`t get rid of it, i`ve tried everything. Acne is the most psychologically damaging thing ever (other than facial disfigurement). I mean theres nowhere to hide it, you can`t cover your face, its just there and you got to deal with it whether you like it or not.

It has been the source of great depression and missed opportunities up until now. I shall continue to fight it though and will noit lay down and die; die acne, die you ****ing horrible sack of %)&& eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

I spend hours a day looking in mirrors analsying where the next one will pop up, its running my moods, emotions, bank balance, social life and general state of mind.

If i had half as much motivation as my acne does to keep appearing despite being nuked with every chemical and anti bacterial agent known to man i would be extremely rich. Seriously, the acne army is one that could invade and defeat any country!

I`m so obsessed to the point where i quit jobs / take sick days because of it, i even contemplate moving to an island away from modern life so i can wait until it leaves me.

HURRY UP AND LEAVE!!!!!!!! you`ve battered me already you win! HOw many more years will i have to wear this on my once beautiful face

[i had perfect skin until i turned 18. I found out that i had very low estrogen and my dr. put me on demulen. I still break out a little if i eat a lot of junk but ti has gotten 90% better. Within 2 weeks time i went from perfect skin to just a hideous monster. Hormones...

I'm thirty years old and still have acne. Its driving me absolutely crazy. I go through phases of being okay with myself, then other days I just want to scream at someone and de,and an explanation. I have body acne too which for me is harder to deal with than my facial acne. I want to wear sexy dresses, and tank tops... Oh to be able to wear cute clothes.and a bathing suit!