Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neo 17

Bump on my skin from BP

WTF, you can't see it, but if you run your finger over it, it can be felt...

What the hell is this, and is it serious? It doesn't hurt, and there's no inflammation or pain.

How do you know it was from the BP? It could be from anything. Were you handling your skin as carefully before the BP? Maybe it was there then too but you didn't notice. If it persists, go see a doctor but I'm positive it couldn't of been from your regimen.

How do you know it was from the BP? It could be from anything. Were you handling your skin as carefully before the BP? Maybe it was there then too but you didn't notice. If it persists, go see a doctor but I'm positive it couldn't of been from your regimen.

Well, you can't see it at all. Only when I run my fingers over it can I feel a slight bump.

Yeah, it could be from anything. I'm just assuming. I'm positive it's not serious, but I don't know what it is.

Any ideas?

I honestly have no clue that's why it is important you see a professional to make sure it's nothing.

Especially if it remains under your skin.

Well better a zit than a tumor or something, you had me worried a bit there.

Make sure you are following the Regimen to the tee, if you don't there's a strong chance it won't work the way you want it to, but if you follow Dan's words, it wil lwork so make sure your following it.

i feel you. bp did the same to me. i've never had huge pimples or cysts before, but got them with the bp gel...

i'm on week 5 now, and havn't gotten a huge pimple or cyst since week 3 or 4. i guess they eventually stop.

can you say MILIA!!!???

see my thread, i talk about it a ton there and how to prevent it in the future.

it was caused from flakes being trapped under your skin. they are small, hard bumps that usually can only be seen/felt if you're stretching your skin. they eventually evolve into big red pimples which bp has little effect on. they are common when your on the regimen, because the regimen (while great itself) lacks proper exfolitation, so the dead skin piles up too much and BAM.

pick up some AHA glycolic face wash from walgreens, and apply it 5 minutes after first "cleansing" your skin, and wait 5 more minutes before doing the bp, followed of couse by the moisterizing. that will exfoliate your skin without irritation. my thread is much more detailed.

can you say MILIA!!!???

it was caused from flakes being trapped under your skin.  they are small, hard bumps that usually can only be seen/felt if you're stretching your skin.  they eventually evolve into big red pimples which bp has little effect on.  they are common when your on the regimen, because the regimen (while great itself) lacks proper exfolitation, so the dead skin piles up too much and BAM. 

pick up some AHA glycolic face wash from walgreens, and apply it 5 minutes after first "cleansing" your skin, and wait 5 more minutes before doing the bp, followed of couse by the moisterizing.  that will exfoliate your skin without irritation.  my thread is much more detailed.

i wouldnt be so optimistic... i would get them only one at a time also, in spans of sometimes even months, but they kept coming and coming. these milia pimples, when they "evolve", would last for a week or two at a time and be dark red, and were not affected by BP or other meds. its not like there are any drawbacks to the AHA cream, unless you are too cheap to shell out 6 bucks for months of worry free skin.

suit yourself, but nothing will be sacrificed if you play it safe.

can you say MILIA!!!???

it was caused from flakes being trapped under your skin.  they are small, hard bumps that usually can only be seen/felt if you're stretching your skin.  they eventually evolve into big red pimples which bp has little effect on.  they are common when your on the regimen, because the regimen (while great itself) lacks proper exfolitation, so the dead skin piles up too much and BAM. 

pick up some AHA glycolic face wash from walgreens, and apply it 5 minutes after first "cleansing" your skin, and wait 5 more minutes before doing the bp, followed of couse by the moisterizing.  that will exfoliate your skin without irritation.  my thread is much more detailed.

I think it's called a sebaceous cyst. And yes, I believe the regimen caused me a couple that lasted for a month or so. I'm pretty sure it was due to BP.

Judging by the description, I know exactly what they're talking about.

Whether the medical name is "milia" or not, the advice I am giving

regardless is in response to the small, hard bumps that form under your skin and are usually hard to see, that can transform into ugly and long lasting pimples.

So far, many users have reported liking the AHA cream that I am recommending. Im trying to spread the word and get more people to learn from my mistakes/experiance.