Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memorium

Mem's water only experiment

I'm going to try using only water. That's right, Im sick of buying brandname cleansers when everybody else seem to have perfect skin using nothing but ordinary, plain, water. I figure the worst thing that can happen is that I get really oily and spotty, but right now Im dry and spotty, so it won't be too much of a difference.

Since a couple of weeks back Ive been using bp 5% which totally dries me out. I have seen some improvement, but there are still some spots left to get rid of.

The regimen for the next couple of weeks, or until I grow tired of it, will be:

Morning: rinse with water

Evening: rinse with water + bp (and if necessary, moisturizer).

The regimen began tonight, I used moisturizer, and so far my skin feels pretty good; not too dry, not too oily.

And if anybody tried this before and accutally did succeed (or not), feel free to post.

Hmmm, I've never tried this water only thing before, and most likely wont be trying since I have really oily skin. I dont know if using only water to clean will work for people with acne, but I have lots of friends who only wash their face in the shower with water, yet they dont have pimples. I think acne is partly caused by dirt, but really often it's more hormonal and genetic, or a mixture of factors. And another weird thing is the last year I got really sick and couldnt wash my face for like 3 or 4 days. After that, my face was like a oil puddle, but I was so suprised that I had no zits. It's weird...

So yeah, thats my little comment. If you dont like you face being dried, try a really gentle cleanser or a moisturiser.

So Ive tried this a couple of days now and its going along just fine.

Im not clear, but Im not worse than before either. The good thing is: Im not at all dried out. My skin looks...well, balanced.

I also think acne is more hormonal and genetic, and thats why I figure it shouldn't make such a big difference if I use only water. I think that the skin in itself is pretty selfregulating, and that moisturisers can't replace the natural substances that the skin uses to keep from getting dry.

I dont think that using only water will give me less acne, but Im trying it out to see if it works well in combination with bp since bp is drying me out.

Right now, Im just wishing the bp would have a little more effect, though...