Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snippy

Old skin peeling off

So, my skin is peeling off and it's so gross. It's a lot too. I had to stop putting lotion on my neck after putting on BP gel because my neck started to peel. YES, I even waited for the BP gel to dry. So I'm getting this fresh new layer of skin. I hope this stops soon cause I feel kinda nasty when I'm peeling. It just feels dirty. Anyone else have this happen?

So, my skin is peeling off and it's so gross. It's a lot too. I had to stop putting lotion on my neck after putting on BP gel because my neck started to peel. YES, I even waited for the BP gel to dry. So I'm getting this fresh new layer of skin. I hope this stops soon cause I feel kinda nasty when I'm peeling. It just feels dirty. Anyone else have this happen?

If you exfoliate off the dead skin gently, then directly after you pat dry apply a layer of moisturiser, wait 15-20, apply bp, wait 15, and apply moisturiser again, it should solve your problem. You must remember while using BP, your skin must ALWAYS be moisturised.

Also, a certain amount of shedding is normal, especially if most of the shedding is coming from breakout areas and dried up pimples. If your skin is EXTREMELY flaky like Gold Member from Austin Powers, and your peeling off fat strips, LOWER the amount of BP you use on your face and use more moisturiser.

Hope that helps.

yeah i had the worse peeling ever... couldnt even smilw without my face cracking, it was all red raw underneath....i just learnt to deal with it for a while... looked worse than acne even but i thought "oh well, may as well give it a go" got a lot of odd looks, but the end result: 98% clear ( with a lot of red marks and minimal scarring but that was ok though) working on the red marks now... good luck

After reading some more posts I realized it was probably the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel I used with SA in it. I bet thats what made me peel real bad. I'm just glad that I didn't get really red and that it was just a layer of dead skin on my face.

After reading some more posts I realized it was probably the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel I used with SA in it. I bet thats what made me peel real bad. I'm just glad that I didn't get really red and that it was just a layer of dead skin on my face.