Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cbear290

MICROdermabrasion...SO GREAT!!!!!!!!

Ok, so after reading all these posts about dermabrasion and the awful healing process (bandages??) i.e. Dr. Y...I felt I must share this with everyone.

I had pretty bad acne and went on acutane for about a year. Due to my horrible and consistant picking habit I am left with lots of red marks and 2 mild ice pick scars. Anyhow, I just had microdermabrasion done three days ago and my face feels and looks amazing!!! I went to class an hour after having it done and felt fine. My face was a little bit pink(like a very mild sunburn) for about a day but feels soooo smooth and my red marks faded significantly. Dr. Ehrlich recommended I have three treatments to fully treat my scars. If I look this good after just one treatment I can't imagine how i'll look after the next two!

I found out from the doctor that most dermabrasion machines use alluminum oxide crystals and use suction to treat the skin. This leaves you with a very red and tender face. At this place they use salt crystals and do not suck your skin up in a tube. Also Trillium Eye (where I got it done) is the only office in michigan who uses this machine and apparently its the newest technology... blah I'm no Dr. or expert so you'll want to just go to the website for all the info.

They also do lots of other facial/scar treatments which you can check out at www.trilliumeye.com The office is located in Okemos, Michigan and run by Dr. Ehrlich. if you are wanting to try this, go to the special offers link on the website and you can print out a coupon for a free consultation!

I have tried almost every regimen on this forum and tried all the red mark and scar products. I tried to be patient and didn't want to do anything extreme but I crumbled and went for a consultation. I can't believe that in 30min my skin is glowing and the red marks have faded about 50%!!!. The ice pick scars look a little smoother but are supposed to look much better after the second and third treatment. I'm so excited and I hope this can help somebody else...I know i've found alot of useful information on this forum...so thanks everyone!!! Any hang in there, your skin will get better!!!!!!

YEAH FOR MICRODERMABRASION!!!!!!!!!!!

yea ive had micro-dermabrasion aswell followed by N-lite laser i think it was the crystal one but im not sure if it sucks up your skin. Seemed 2 work pretty well helped my red marks fade about 50% over a good few weeks biggrin.gif

i though microdermabrasion helped my skin too.. til i had reactions to it. all that did was aggravate my skin & make it worse. glad it helped someone.

hmmm i was going to say maybe i should drag out my loreal microderm cream but then i remember how it spread my acne all over and irritatated the crap out of my face. and gave me milia all over. doubt.gif

I had microderm last Wednesday and my skin is still peeling. She applied something to the slightly discoloured area around my nose and mouth then wiped it off (she told me what it was but it went in one ear and out the other) and I don’t think there was any suction as there was dust in my collar. Unfortunately it caused a couple of cold sores on my face of all places and a few pimples in that area but they’re starting to go away. She also said I will only require 2 treatments as being medical strength it goes deeper. I’ll say, because the finest layer is still peeling off. I’d already had 2 modified jessner peels a couple of months back which didn’t do a whole lot for my pigmentation spots but definitely improved the texture of my skin. Will see how this goes!