Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My son is on this fourth week of Zithromax 250 mg. once a day and has seen little improvement. Has anyone else been on this for acne (not with accutane but zithromax by itself), and if so how long did it take to work?

My son is on this fourth week of Zithromax 250 mg. once a day and has seen little improvement.  Has anyone else been on this for acne (not with accutane but zithromax by itself), and if so how long did it take to work?

Yeah, I'm on it. At first it seemed like it worked, but now my face just stays the same and doesn't change, so I can't tell if its working or not. I go back to my dermatologist next friday, I'm probably going to switch to something different, even though I'm been on all the cyclines and everything like that. Also I know you like posted this a few months ago, but I have not seen anyone else on these forums with zithromax so I searched it and this was the only post on it so, I thought I'd bump it so more users who use it can post about it.

isnt zithromax really expensive? WHen I had an bronchitis infection, I bought the 6 pill pack and it cost me 50 bucks on my insurance plan alone.

By day 3 though I was feeling 10 times better. My bronchitis anyway ;p

Yeah it is, but money isn't a problem for us so I've been tkaing it for I think 3 months. Yeah it helped whenever it felt like I was going to get sick and then I didn't. But fuck that, I just want my acne better, I can live with a sore throat for a few days. I just quit that stuff and went back on doxycyclin. I realized that it worked for me like last year, but I stopped it because I was going to California for a month and didn't want to get massive burns. it worked though. So I'm going back to Cali next sunday, but I'll live if its working. Hopefully my derm won't get mad at me for switching without her consent. But I do that a lot and she never really cares, she just cares if what I take works or not or if its harmful, which it isn't.