Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I found this link when researching the bread my son eats. I thought I would share:

My name is Beth Baker, I am from Lincoln, Nebraska and I have been an acne sufferer for 24 years. After spending thousands of dollars on doctors, antibiotics and over-the-counter remedies that don’t work, I decided to do research to try and find out what was causing this disease. After two and a half years of research and experimenting with my diet I finally concluded that a diet high in sugar, simple carbohydrates and bad oils had caused my problem.

The Western Diet is chock full of sugar, simple carbohydrates, and bad oils and they are the culprit behind many of the diseases that we are seeing in this country. Because I was able to cure myself of this disease called acne, I have decided to go into the acne diet consulting business to help those who are out there suffering. I am also in the process of writing a book about my experience and hope to set the record straight after years of arguing with the dermatologists that the sugar in my diet had something to do with my acne.

While I was experimenting with my diet, I realized that bread was making me break out so I eliminated all bread products from my diet. I really missed having a sandwich to eat so I decided to try some sprouted grain bread from my local health food store. I waited a couple of days in fear that at any moment my face would turn into an oil slick with acne cysts all over it. To my surprise I didn’t break out!

After this wonderful revelation I started to get a craving for pancakes and wondered if anyone made or sold sprouted flour. I searched the net for a few days and found the Essential Eating Sprouted Flour Company. I was thrilled that this flour was available and immediately ordered some sprouted spelt flour. The results have been just wonderful and now my whole family is starting to enjoy this wonderful product. I also use the sprouted spelt cereal with my favorite low glycemic sweetener and little cream for a wonderful low glycemic breakfast or even as a desert dish.

The hardest thing to give up on any diet is bread. Many people I have spoken to say they would not go on any diet that didn’t include bread. I am very fortunate to have found the Essential Eating Sprouted Flour Company. I will now be able to tell my clients that they can eat bread and have pancakes that are full of fiber, will not spike their insulin levels, will not cause acne and are full of vitamins. Thank you Shelley for making such a wonderful product!

Beth A. Baker

Acne-It Is What You Eat! Consulting

402-470-2447

[email protected]

http://www.creatingheaven.net/eeproducts/eesfc/news/

I don't eat sprouted bread in the city because it's too damn expensive. It's not about bulk or time either becasue the baker in my hometown of 2000 people makes all sorts or breads, sprouted, non sugar, various grains, etc... all for the same cost as their normal bread or nominally more and they still make good profit. I suppose it's just good business, health enthusiasts are willing to pay 2.50 and up for a loaf that costs $.30 to bake.

That's my beef with all things alternative, generally they are all overpriced. Alternative pasta, cereal, anything really is too much damn money. Trust me when I say from a business perspective (Bulk, production, packaging, etc...) there is no reason to charge so much except that they can.

Also I like my bread fresh as hell. If i don't get it in the morning piping hot I don't bother so that could do with a lot of it as well. I miss living 3 blocks from my baker.

I found this link when researching the bread my son eats.  I thought I would share:

My name is Beth Baker, I am from Lincoln, Nebraska and I have been an acne sufferer for 24 years. After spending thousands of dollars on doctors, antibiotics and over-the-counter remedies that don’t work, I decided to do research to try and find out what was causing this disease. After two and a half years of research and experimenting with my diet I finally concluded that a diet high in sugar, simple carbohydrates and bad oils had caused my problem.

The Western Diet is chock full of sugar, simple carbohydrates, and bad oils and they are the culprit behind many of the diseases that we are seeing in this country. Because I was able to cure myself of this disease called acne, I have decided to go into the acne diet consulting business to help those who are out there suffering. I am also in the process of writing a book about my experience and hope to set the record straight after years of arguing with the dermatologists that the sugar in my diet had something to do with my acne.

While I was experimenting with my diet, I realized that bread was making me break out so I eliminated all bread products from my diet. I really missed having a sandwich to eat so I decided to try some sprouted grain bread from my local health food store. I waited a couple of days in fear that at any moment my face would turn into an oil slick with acne cysts all over it. To my surprise I didn’t break out!

After this wonderful revelation I started to get a craving for pancakes and wondered if anyone made or sold sprouted flour. I searched the net for a few days and found the Essential Eating Sprouted Flour Company. I was thrilled that this flour was available and immediately ordered some sprouted spelt flour. The results have been just wonderful and now my whole family is starting to enjoy this wonderful product. I also use the sprouted spelt cereal with my favorite low glycemic sweetener and little cream for a wonderful low glycemic breakfast or even as a desert dish.

The hardest thing to give up on any diet is bread. Many people I have spoken to say they would not go on any diet that didn’t include bread. I am very fortunate to have found the Essential Eating Sprouted Flour Company. I will now be able to tell my clients that they can eat bread and have pancakes that are full of fiber, will not spike their insulin levels, will not cause acne and are full of vitamins. Thank you Shelley for making such a wonderful product!

Beth A. Baker

Acne-It Is What You Eat! Consulting

402-470-2447

[email protected]

http://www.creatingheaven.net/eeproducts/eesfc/news/

thanks for posting that.

i have a question, though. is ALL spelt bread sprouted? or is sprouted bread something different? i just don't really know what sprouted means, and how you know which breads are sprouted.

thanks for posting that.

i have a question, though. is ALL spelt bread sprouted? or is sprouted bread something different? i just don't really know what sprouted means, and how you know which breads are sprouted.

Spelt bread is Low Gluten Bread.  So for those of us that avoid Gluten Breads, Spelt (and Kamut) may be a better option sprouted compared to consuming Sprouted Wheat Bread.  The goal of sprouting grains is to increase nutrient content and digestion while also decreasing the glycemic content of the grain.  Of course, once the grain is sprouted it's not a grain, but a grass. 

Now, some people that are truly wheat or gluten intolerant cannot have this type of product, even when it is 100% sprouted grains.  See grass doesn't grow evenly so the product isn't guaranteed to be completely and fully sprouted so that the gluten is no longer present in the grain.  If they could ensure that gluten is not present in the final sprouted product perhaps celiacs could consume this, but as of yet no celiac, as they would be the best at quality control, has tried to produce their own version of this type bread, well at least not for sale anyway.  Also, please note that some companies still ADD gluten back in, and so if gluten is the problem and not that it was refined grains, then this negates the benefits of the bread.  Oh and like Minnymouse mentioned, these breads can still have added sugars and so you need to be careful as to what they are adding in them.

Help much?  ;-)

My son was soooooooo happy to have a burger last night.  I used the Organic Sprouted Grain Burger Bun by Food For Life that contained: sprouted wheat, sprouted barley, sprouted millet, sprouted malted barley, sprouted lentils, sprouted soybeans, sprouted spelt, water, yeast, salt.  1.5 grams fat, 170 calories (which he needs at 17) 6 grams fiber, and 9 grams protein.  I used ground Turkey BREAST, and fresh spinach instead of iceburg lettuce, purple onion, pickles, tomato and vegan reduced fat mayo (canola) with 0 sugars at 3.5 grams fat per tablespoon, and mustard.  He also, we also - as we eat the same as he - had a huge bowl of raw cabbages, bell pepper and carrots.  It was a yummy treat for someone who went without any breads for over 2 months.

Here's more info:

Key Ingredients

I would be remiss if I didn't mention one food item that dramatically changed my life: Sprouted grain. A sprouted grain digests like a vegetable. If you eat one hundred percent sprouted grain bread and bake with sprouted spelt (a wheat grain high in vitamin B) flour you are actually getting more vegetables in your diet. And, you don't even have to ask your doctor if you should get more vegetables into your diet - that's a given!

Wheat is one of the most difficult foods for the body to break down. But, foods made with sprouted wheat or grains are easy for the body to digest. So waffles, pancakes, cookies, crackers, muffins, pastas and breads made with one hundred percent sprouted flours are wonderful.

One hundred percent sprouted grain bread is sold in most health food stores and at some grocery stores. "Essential Eaters" began to create a demand for sprouted flour. There was only one source for sprouted flour in America and they sold it only to distributors. In response, the Essential Eating Sprouted Flour Company opened last year and is now providing organic sprouted spelt flour directly to the consumer (see "Sources" in Chapter Seven).

Other venues have opened to help diners to eat essentially. The Essential Eating Cooking School has trained cooking guides throughout the United States to teach this eating lifestyle to others. Visit essentialeating.com for more information.  http://www.kappakappagamma.org/Template.cf...tentDisplay.cfm 

thanks for posting that.

My son was soooooooo happy to have a burger last night.  I used the Organic Sprouted Grain Burger Bun by Food For Life that contained: sprouted wheat, sprouted barley, sprouted millet, sprouted malted barley, sprouted lentils, sprouted soybeans, sprouted spelt, water, yeast, salt.  1.5 grams fat, 170 calories (which he needs at 17) 6 grams fiber, and 9 grams protein.  I used ground Turkey BREAST, and fresh spinach instead of iceburg lettuce, purple onion, pickles, tomato and vegan reduced fat mayo (canola) with 0 sugars at 3.5 grams fat per tablespoon, and mustard.  He also, we also - as we eat the same as he - had a huge bowl of raw cabbages, bell pepper and carrots.  It was a yummy treat for someone who went without any breads for over 2 months.

How is your son's skin doing on the sprouted breads?  What types/flavors of sprouted breads is he consuming exactly and how often?

Thanks  =)