Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sphanlon

Washing face midday good or bad?

Most people seem to do aregimen where they do something morning and night and nothing in between. I like to wash up around late afternoon, I kind of think I have to to avoid acne; from what happens when I don't. I used to use cleansers or apply SA or BP lotions at that time too, but now I just wash. It it good or bad to wash during the day?

Also wondering If I should...i take a shower mid-day after my workout, I just usually avoid getting my face/hair wet as I've already put everything on......thinking of maybe washing my face then too but dunno neutral.gif

It's not bad. I do it sometimes when I feel like I need it, it's more relaxing than anything, especially after work.

But you have to keep in mind a few things:

You don't need to wash yourself if you already did that in the morning, unless you were running in the mud and sweating like crazy, there is NO need to wash yourself.

Don't wash your hair if you have already washed it in the morning, this will just make it dry and all the oils will be gone, perhaps causing breakouts.

You can wash your face.

from what country are you??? i come from a tropical country and halfway through the day, my face gets greasy so i NEED to wash or i'll break out like mad! however, when i went to the U.S. a couple of months ago, i only washed my face 1-2 times a day! because the climate dried my skin out... in fact, the entire two weeks i was there, i only got really tiny, gone-in-a-day pimples... so.. it depends. if you're from a temperate country, maybe washing a day 3x is a bit too much.

Guest OrangeFlower

maybe you could try just rinsing your face a couple of times in the late afternoon