Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know acne and being over weight are two different things, but what would you choose to have if you could pick one?

Mild = 50 pounds over weight

Moderate = 100 pounds over weight

Severe = 150 pounds +

I can't really picture myself being overweight cause i have always been thin so. But if i had to choose one i would choose 50 pounds over weight and turn that into muscle lol. Or is that cheating????

I notice that this question of oftern asked here from time to time, i'm not sure why being overweight should be equated with acne. why not some other disease or derformity?

But anyway is this because being over weight would be less of a social taboo than acne? Because either way in society each is seen as the individuals own fault.

i'd rather be over weight for sho. At least theres a cure for fatness, and afterwords your face might have a little saggy skin going on but you wouldnt have scars that stick with u for the rest of your life.

i'd rather be over weight for sho. At least theres a cure for fatness, and afterwords your face might have a little saggy skin going on but you wouldnt have scars that stick with u for the rest of your life.

being fat no doubt about it.

having acne is even worst taboo than being fat, We don't wash? eat greasy food?

even worst, nothing seems to help it, and if i see an overweight person I don't think nothing of it.

Others see a person with acne like me and get sick by it.

The scars hting is true, I have moderate scarring all over, and it makes me wanna kill myself sometimes.

Then again I'm not overweight so i reall can't comment on which is worst

being overweight is a taboo because its seen as something that a person does to themselves.

I dont see how anyone can think that a person has inflicted themselves with acne through poor hygiene.

Guest Captain Chaos

I think that being fat is probably easier to get rid of than acne.

I would rather be like I am now than overweight though, I only have mild/moderate acne, which might have something to do with it.

I'm sure that if this same question was asked on a weight loss forum, people would rather have acne.

Overweight. tongue.gif

I was "chubby" until I was like 15, then I just thinned out. People have the guts to call you fat, but they don't have the guts to make fun of your face. At least not to me.

Besides, being fat is very cureable.

Guest OnlyJoe

yeah, i would rather have acne, my acne at the moment is very mild so i would rather keep my health and have a few marks on my face rather than a heart attack.

i would rather have acne

being fat is bad for you health and while you are talking about the stigma attched to acne - not washing etc i would not want to be labeled as fat the stigmatism with that - being lazy etc would be much worse IMO

That's a tough choice. I could burn the fat off in no time, and be slim and acne free smile.gif There are many other things that go with being fat, like certain health issues, high cholesterol, high Blood pressure, and diabetes. I think I'd rather stay slim and keep my acne if I had to choose.

ever stopped to think about the people that come on here who are fat, and have acne. how do you think this post makes them feel? comparing the 2 points in there life where they feel the most vulnerable...

Guest OrangeFlower

it depends on how fat is fat

and would you mean would i rather have acne that never responded to treatment?

no way

yes mil0 you are very correct although i feel that it isn't a 'dig' at people who have both it is a simple what would you rather

also it may motivate and help people with tips and comments about weight to find a way to get them losing weight and being healthier. People who have acne and people who are fat or both are often going to have self esteem issues i think that part of the cure of this is to get out there and realise that comments percieved as bad aren't always ment that way and above all not take them to heart if people are putting you down (unless in a cinstructive critism way) they are not worth their opinions and I hope some people remember that

I know acne and being over weight are two different things, but what would you choose to have if you could pick one?

Mild        =        50 pounds over weight

Moderate =  100 pounds over weight

Severe    =    150 pounds +

I can't really picture myself being overweight cause i have always been thin so.  But if i had to choose one i would choose 50 pounds over weight and turn that into muscle lol.  Or is that cheating????

Guest WhyGOD111

I rather be really fat and have no acne what so ever then just lose the weight. Then agian for obese people to lose wieght is like us trying to lose acne to some extent so I can uderstand how obese people feel sorta.

It's kinda hard to lose weight when you're really fat, cause your stomache is huge, and you're just constantly hungry. You might try starving yourself, but you'll find yourself caving into your hunger.

I'd rather have acne though. Cause I know acne goes away eventually, while obesity is unhealthy, can last forever. Also, I can't help it if I have acne, but I sure can help it if I'm fat.

Also, I haven't seen someone with acne who is also fat yet in my life. I don't know alot of fat people, but still... thought there might be a connection.

Guest Zitro

Lol, I'd rather have my previous somewhat mild acne than weighting about 180lbs.

im not sure.... i dont know what looks/comments and opinions i would get if i was fat, so its hard for me to say.... hmmm

its got to be overweight, and no offence to the people on here that are. thing is, unless you have a proper medical disorder that renders you obese, as long as you burn off more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. thats a fact. with acne, sometimes theres nothing you can do about it

its got to be overweight, and no offence to the people on here that are.  thing is, unless you have a proper medical disorder that renders you obese, as long as you burn off more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. thats a fact. with acne, sometimes theres nothing you can do about it

Hmmm omg this is a tough question. I work with an obese person (no offense to anyone) and I know how hard he tries to lose weight. He has had his stomach clipped, tried draining fat, taking pills and nothing has worked. He is constantly hungry and I know that his weight affects him. He is always moody and overpowering (don't know if this might be related to his obesity). So I know that for most people losing weight is hard.

If I had to pick between being fat and having acne I think I would pick having acne. I've always been thin and I can't imagine myself otherwise.

that's just my 2 cents!

I would like to say be over weight with a perfect complexion...but honestly if you really think about it and honestly imagine every day life, it wouldnt be so different than having acne.

An example, from personal experience:

I have always been about average 5'2 117lbs

and this year,I became very self Conscious aboiut my face due to acne and reddness, even though i am normal weight, my face bothers me...

so if I were to choose having perfect skin over my body

... think about the summer and being over weight, bathing suits, clothes...even though you might have the "perfect skin" your not really going to be thinking of that, you would be overly worried about how you looked in that bathing suit or that cute top.

Either way its a lose/lose situation