Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bingiscool

I'm almost 19 years old and I still break out :(

So a 4 days ago I noticed a small red spot on my tip of my nose, and I didn't think much about it, but it got bigger and worse. Today the red spot has turned to a big, red shiny zit. I looked closer and it looks like there is a single hair that's clogging it. I picked at it with my nail but I couldn't get it out. What's worse is I still have an acne scar for this huge zit I got on my nose 3 years ago, and this new one is right above it!

I wash my face twice a day. In the morning I use, C&C Blackhead Scrub and at night, I use a bar of soap (made by Ivory). I'm starting to think these don't get rid of acne and I hope I'm not making things worse by using these 2 products.

I don't know what's wrong. I don't touch my face or my nose, I drink a lot of water now (I started drinking lots about 4 weeks ago). I don't drink pop or anything. I take vitamins (capsules) and I seriously think I'm doing every fine.

What would you recommend for my situation? And how do I literally unclog my pores if it's clogged up? And is there anyway to remove old acne spots and scars?

Thanks in advance!

C&C Blackhead Scrub 2x a day is pretty harsh for the skin since it's a SCRUB~!!! I would just use that 2-3 times a week.... Get a cleanser or face wash instead of this!!!

IVORY SOAP??? Any brand name soap is really bad for ur skin and will dry u out Examples like Ivory,Dial, Nature's Spring, etc...

Do u use any moisturizer? since this might be the problem

Hang in there, buddy. I'm 19 already and turning 20 soon and I still breakout. A couple weeks ago my face suddenly became extremely clear. This was right after it was extremely irritated and red. I thought my acne was finally turning around and that I've finally "grown out" of it. But a couple days ago that faded for some reason and my face is getting a bit red again and I'm breaking out. Thus, you're not alone, man. And if anything, check out a dermatogolist or Dan's Regime (heard it works for people). Take care.

Well, I just turned 24 and I still break out. Getting a bit better though! Anyway, try using things that are fregrance free. Also, some people (myself included) have bad reactions with SA and BP. Try using something milder, or give your skin a break for a few days. Also from personal experience, when buying a moisterizer, get one that moisterizes, not one that says it "cures blemishes" they dry me out, and make my skin have a weird flakey/oily combo.

Maybe you's should try dans regimen since your acne seems to me mild - moderate. BP may be the answer to all ur problems.

I know people well into their 30 and 40's that still break out. I am 31 and still get an occasional pimple. My sister is 34 and still has mild/moderate acne. You don't always "grow out of it".

hey, i never started breaking out til i was around 21. never had the problem as a teen. now i'm 24 and get them - my skin colored bumps eventually turn into pimples. sucks.

Im almost 24, and break out. I always thought all my acne would disappear around 19 or 20... but it didnt. Im trying out BP right now, hopefully that will work.

I also am a believer in bp. I do think you need to exfoliate, so use baking soda mixed in with a gentle cleanser everyday. My daughter uses sage skin care products and they are great. Their website is www.sageskincare.com and if you email barbara she'll help you if you explain what's going on with your skin. My daughter is 99.99999999% clear with these prducts and she had moderate acne. No, I am not a sales rep-----only a mom who started a year ago to help her daughter get clear and after trying sooooo many things, sage skin care worked.

I think us guys have it pretty easy. First of all, almost all guys get acne. If you look around your school you'll probably realize that you aren't the only one. I used to think i was until i took a closer look at people. Another thing that guys have going is their skin isn't supposed to be perfect. We allready tend to have rougher skin then girls. With girls one pimple can screw up their whole complexion or whatever you want to call it. For them it's all about having perfect, beautiful skin. Something else I noticed is that with guys, acne seems to be more of a hormonal thing that you get when going through puberty. Once you get into your early 20's you usually grow out of it. Think about it, how many thirty and 40 year old guys have you seen with acne, they may have some scars, but no actual acne. I've seen women who are in their 40's and still breaking out. I would assume this has something to do with the fact that their hormones are allways changing. Just some observations on my part.

29 and female here.. and yep, you guessed, still get acne. I seem to have it more under control now, thanm it used to be, but I've had it since I was about 13

Turning 21 and still under acne's thumb! My skin has improved drastically since mid-adolescence though.

Remember not to pick at it. Instead, dance.