Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There's this face wash made by noxzema called triple clean. I'm using it right now. It got a 5 star rating from drugstore.com It contains triclosan triclosan which is an antibacterial. I'm having good results with it. But I haven't used it long enough to reccomend it.

I am using a anti microbial cleanser called Chloroxylenol. It is found in Provon medicated lotion soap. I am even seeing the red splotches go away with this product.

Tea Tree Oil...you can buy face washes, lotions, as well as just the regular oil, which you can add to anything you want.

Does tea trea oil tend to irritate the skin???

Is it as effective at killing bacteria as bp????

Is there something specific i should look for on teh label???

What brand to you reccomend???

What percentage should i get???

I know nothing of tea tree oil

Bp makes me break out even more

And i dont want to use anti-biotics either...

What else kills bacteria?

I've been using a tea tree lotion called Derma e Tea Tree & E Antiseptic creme. It works well for me, doesn't irritate or clog pores (though it does contain several different oils). Yes, tea tree is supposed to be just as effective as bp at killing bacteria, and for me it hasn't had the side effects I had with bp.

Something else I'm going to check out is neem soap. Can be hard to find, but the extract of the neem plant is supposed to be very antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, etc., great for the skin.

Good luck!!!

Im useing a thing called Bactine, is doign well acually, its in a white and green bottle w/ a Red Sphere on it, it is not gooy, oily, its lomst like water is what the texture it, and it doesnt burn, or irritate anything, its an Anti-Bacterial

I used BP for aobut 3monthes and than started getting sever acne.

Really after a month it got worse but i contiued using it knowing that eventually it SHOULD clear up.

It didnt turn out the way i wanted it to...

There's this face wash made by noxzema called triple clean.  I'm using it right now.  It got a 5 star rating from drugstore.com  It contains triclosan triclosan which is an antibacterial.  I'm having good results with it.  But I haven't used it long enough to reccomend it.

I just started useing this product.  my mom suggested useing an antibacterial soap. The only two I found were this Noxema and Stridex.  So I started with Noxema cause it has .3% triclosan compared to the 1% in Stridex (I figured Id start with the gentler).

Im soo hopeful!  eusa_pray.gif

Im useing a thing called Bactine, is doign well acually, its in a white and green bottle w/ a Red Sphere on it, it is not gooy, oily, its lomst like water is what the texture it, and it doesnt burn, or irritate anything, its an Anti-Bacterial

Im on mino now and get 1 small pimple a week. Im also on retin-a micro 0.1% which is doing wonders i think. I jsut pray to god it can keep my acne at bay after my mino treatment.

Something else I'm going to check out is neem soap.  Can be hard to find, but the extract of the neem plant is supposed to be very antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, etc., great for the skin.

Good luck!!!