Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So is using triclosan better if PCMX is 'inferior'?

I don't want to use anything comedogenic as blackheads are a major concern also...maybe will try the aloe guard if you think a PCMX wash would be better?

Hi, im prone to blackheads on my face , chest and back, and the aloe guard has helped soo much, and it is non drying, just dont use it as the same day you plan to exfoliate.

What level of exfoliating are you meaning?  As in Step 2a in my regime, or something harsher?

Logan

BC pills never done anything for me acne wise. I actually contribute BC pills to causing me many other problems. I never had any kind of facial hair until I got on BC pills. My best friend did the same thing. I will never take BC pills again!

BC pills are Birth Control pills.  B5 is one of the B vitamins and B Complex would include (more than 1 of the) B vitamins.

rose2005~ I have never taken b vitamins for acne. Birth Control pills are what caused the facial hair and other problems. The short time I was on them done my body in good. My hormones are jacked all up from it. I think my acne is partly from hormones being all whacked out.

Give the Provon a while. It wont happen over night. In the beginning the most I saw was NO NEW pimples. The old ones dried up pretty quick but I am still cursed with red marks. They are fading but not very fast. I think I will always be cursed with an uneven skin tone anyway. sad.gif

Yes I do use Grapeseed oil as a moisturizer. After much research I discovered it helps clear up my skin. I have extremely oily skin by nature but do moisturize. The Provon keeps the oil down to a minimum and wearing make up with no moisturizer under it makes me itch. Plus I think it makes my make up go on better.

I wear www.jlynnecosmetics.com make up. Its a mineral make up and is the very first I ever tried. I LOVE IT! It covers like you can not imagine yet looks so natural. Amazing stuff. Its easy to apply and a little goes a LONG way. I am still using samples and am no where near out.

I can not seem to find the Nuetrogena acne mark peel. Like you the spots make me crazy. I wonder sometime if they are worse than pimples. I do love the way my minerals make up covers it up. I can brush on a little and not have to get all made up. I look natural. Amazing! I hate wearing make up everyday.

I do not exfoliate. I think it is too harsh. I leave the soap on my face for 30 seconds so it soaks in. Then I rub it in gently with a wash cloth. I have been reading about using baking soda to exfoliate with. I am going to try it. I also use a dead sea mineral mask every blue moon. To be honest with you the people who have gotten the best results from this soap were those who just washed and moisturized. My daughter and Husband dont even moisturize. They just wash 2 times a day. Both of them have had their black heads clear up a great deal.

It is my personal opinion that you can do too much to your face. That would make me red. Hopefully one day I am going to go through the change of life and my skin is going to clear up. smile.gif On a good note I have always told women with oily skin dont wrinkle as bad as those with dry skin. Id still rather not have the acne!!!

cwpj~It did not take me 10 days to get my stuff. I dont remember exactly how long it was but it seems that I got it pretty fast. I use grapeseed oil to moisturize. It definitley doesnt feel oily when it dries. If you dont use a whole lot it dries really fast. I use just a drop on each cheek,forehead and chin. I have the brown marks too. I was considering some of that fade cream to see if it would help. Retin A causes me to break out worse and have a sunburned feeling. I use it for smoothing out scars and stretch marks.

instead of using provon...does neone noe if using the 'softsoap antibacteria' works? and how can i get rid of my oil...i wash it and wipe it lyk 4 - 5 times a day and the oil just keeps coming back...ne suggestions?

This site says it requires a customer number, etc... how did you order your aloeguard from them?

umm my acne isn't really bad, but lyk my face gets really oily and once in a while, i get a few pinkish bumps...and wen i first started using proactiv, it works, but now it doesn't seem to work...can u give me the web site for the items ur using...i might try it ou...does the pills new prescription?! thx for the help...o and i've tried aloe patches b4...it didn't do much either...most of my acne r on my back, shoulders, and chest...  sad.gif

Guest delta force operators

LOL i was on the bodybuilding forum..its in www.steroids.com....well these guys use dishwashing soap on their faces..........hahaha funny shit man but they say it clears them up

Gonna try and get a cleanser with PCMX rather then tricolcarban!The aloe Guard looks good to me...will look into that

I find SA very drying (neutrogena visibly clear made me very dry) but my skin tolerates lactic acid very well (glycolic always irritates too much) I stumbled across this essence stuff while looking for skin lightening products...was £10 so not bad, my skin is so soft from using it and the mushroom enzymes are used alot in the far east in lightening products

KeithUrbanLover - I also put in an order for Provon Skin Moisturizer with Aloe and Vitamins. Their description said it's not oily and absorb quickly. So, I want to give that a try. It's only $1.50, so not too expensive for a tryout.

I've tried using skin lightening lotion on my red/brown marks (on my forehead, both cheeks and under chin). My forehead marks faded pretty quick, my left cheek showed progress, right cheek still very messy/scary, under chin fading very slowly. I am Asian, so I got those lightening lotion sample in Asia while on a trip not long ago. I think any other lightening lotion may help. Heard that vitamin C (topical application) is a form of lightening - but I don't know where to get it in USA aside from the expensive products found on the websites - Kanebo, Shisedo, etc.

I don't like to wear makeup - but I had to dab on something to cover those marks before going outdoor. I'm not happy with the Loreal product I'm using now. It didn't cover the marks and I have bumpy skin due to all those active acne.

A note on vitamin b complex (B12 specifically) - I took a pill every morning for 2 weeks and noticed that my breakouts are worse! Later, I read some information on a medical book that Vitamin complex B12 can aggravate skin and cause acne. So I stopped.

KeithUrbanLover - I also put in an order for Provon Skin Moisturizer with Aloe and Vitamins. Their description said it's not oily and absorb quickly. So, I want to give that a try. It's only $1.50, so not too expensive for a tryout.

I've tried using skin lightening lotion on my red/brown marks (on my forehead, both cheeks and under chin). My forehead marks faded pretty quick, my left cheek showed progress, right cheek still very messy/scary, under chin fading very slowly. I am Asian, so I got those lightening lotion sample in Asia while on a trip not long ago. I think any other lightening lotion may help. Heard that vitamin C (topical application) is a form of lightening - but I don't know where to get it in USA aside from the expensive products found on the websites - Kanebo, Shisedo, etc.

I don't like to wear makeup - but I had to dab on something to cover those marks before going outdoor. I'm not happy with the Loreal product I'm using now. It didn't cover the marks and I have bumpy skin due to all those active acne.

A note on vitamin b complex (B12 specifically) - I took a pill every morning for 2 weeks and noticed that my breakouts are worse! Later, I read some information on a medical book that Vitamin complex B12 can aggravate skin and cause acne. So I stopped.

I just want to add that I recieved my Provon medicated lotion soap today and I seem to already notice a difference after using it only 3 times. I use it once in the morning, once mid-day and lastly in the shower. Thanks for posting this because it really seems to help and doesn't leave my face oily or dry. smile.gif

Hey i recently got provon too and have been using it for a few days so far i love it it is so simple, i tried using the salicylic acid toner after like u said but it dried me out too much. My question is to we even need an exfoliator i mean can we just use provon alone twice a day with nothign at all or do we need a exfoliator. Right now i have switched to using the clean and clear black head clearing scrub followed by the porvon i love the way i feel i just wanted to know if i even need that or if ill be better off with just the provon id rather have less products but not at the cost of having clogged pores thanks

Soldier~ I do not exfoliate. I use a wash cloth and wash hard enough to remove dead skin but not scrubbing. I just believe that if you over do acne prone skin it causes it to break out and be red more. I Have the salicic acid mentioned in my sig line as part of my routine but to be honest I have done it about 2 times. I basically use the provon and nothing else. I think thats all Mike does too. I would have to re-read the posts to be sure. I am soooooo happy this soap is helping you. I absolutely love it! Alot of folks here are also praising the Aloe Guard soap. Provon does have aloe in it. I have never used the Aloe Guard so I can not compare the soaps. I am going to try it to.

ItsElectric~ Woohoo!!! I am so happy for you! You used it 3 times in one day? You only need to use it twice. Someone found that the chloroxylenol in the soap kills bacteria for up to 12 hours. I have noticed that my skin is no where near as oily anymore and it feels better. Provon does have some things in it to help heal the skin.

You guys be sure to keep us posted with your progress. I am so excited for everyone! We need to throw a "going away" party for the acne!!!!!!

KeithUrbanLover-I'm thinking of giving this a try. I went to the website you recommended and saw their antimicrobial lotion soap that 0.6% PCMX. It says its made with coconut oil, but I don't know if this will clog pores. It comes in a 12oz size, so you would get twice the PCMX potency and three times the amount for just double the price. Do you think this would work just as well?

yeah after i read this last post i checked the site again hes right there is one that has a .6 ive been using the .3 one for about 4-5 days now and i love it is gentle, well foaming, smells good, and so simple you just wash once with it and then your done nothing else goes on and i havnt had a blemish since. The only thing i noticed is that the .3 percent has lotions in it to soften skin where as the other one did not or at least didnt day it did, it might be too drying i mena the .3 isnt too drying but it some might say it is i dont know try it if you want and let us know maybe the .6% is stronger and will be even better at protecting agaisnt acne?

Hey I also ordered the aloe guard the same day i ordered provon cause i was so excited to try one just one of them they came on the same day but i just started using provon first and it has been working i want to try aloe gurad when my first bottle is gone of provon but dont want to mess with a good thing it has a stronger .5% in it i dont well see depends on what other peopl say about aloe gaurd anyways thanks for the posts keithurbanlover this thread may have saved my face at least for now it has thanks again

Hey KEithUrbanLover I can not thank you enough for this thread and your discovery.

After viewing this thread I ordered the Provon soap immediately, I now have been using it a few days. I can say I've never used a product that worked so well!!!!

I have always had mild acne (it bothers me of course like anyone). But I have tried almost everything under the sun (from proactiv, to nature's cure). The only thing that remotely worked in Minocycline (about 75% improvement).

But I have naturally dry skin (so dry I have to splash water on my face throughout the day). have tried many products (mostirizers,etc....) also to help my skin but the products would either dry me out even more or have me so oily it looked like i was greased in cooking oil lol.

Anyways after using this PROVON soap I see a 100% improvement in my skin tone and my skin is soft as a baby's butt. I LOVE IT! It just feels right not dry and not oily.

And the normal one or two pimples that pops up every other day on my face have not showed up for work like they are on vacation or something (hopefully a permanent leave).

This product makes your face feel good and look good!

THANKS AGAIN KeithUrbanLover

y2flyy

Hi everyone!!  I've searched hi and low and cannot find a company that will ship either the Provon or Healthlink Aloeguard products to Canada.  Can somebody please help me find a company that will.  I appreciate any help that you can offer.

sad.gif My Aloeguard is taking forever to get here... my face isn't getting any better I hope it comes this week... confused.gif

ItsElectric~ Woohoo!!! I am so happy for you! You used it 3 times in one day? You only need to use it twice. Someone found that the chloroxylenol in the soap kills bacteria for up to 12 hours. I have noticed that my skin is no where near as oily anymore and it feels better. Provon does have some things in it to help heal the skin.