Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karen2906

Cleanser that removes make-up?!?!

I've been using Purpose Gentle Cleanser, and I like it a lot. Problem is, I have to lather up twice to completely remove foundation and concealer. It's not a big deal, just time consuming.

I decided to try Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, which claims it removes make-up, even waterproof mascara, without drying. Well, it does its job well! But my face DOES feel drier afterwards (drier than when I used Purpose).

Seems like a cleanser strong enough to scrub off foundation will also be more drying? Say it ain't so!

Any suggestions, ladies???? (or gentlemen???)

try make up removing oil

( fancl is a very gd one, and prefer not to use dhc, coz it may cause break out)

anyway, i think if u only use concealer, and not using all allover ur face, a normal cleanser can do the work, but if u use foundation, use cleansing oil is the fastest way and non drying way to remove it

but pleaces be minded that u should follow a normal cleanser afterward to remove oile residue that may left on ur face, it's a saftynet btw.....

I use baby wipes to remove my make up, before I wash my face. I've never found any make up remover that does such a good job as baby wipes!

I also use eye make up remover on my eyes, to make sure I get all mascara off. Oil based eye make up removers certainly seem to do a better job than others.. but if you're just using it around your eyes. it shouldn't make you break out smile.gif

I like oil-based, water-soluble cleansers. The oil works well to remove makeup and blackheads, and the added emulsifiers (to make it also water-soluble) make it rinse off easily with water (no scraping off with a tissue) -- best of both worlds. I currently use Reviva Lab's oil-rich emulsion cleanser.

I use Purpose and have to lather up twice too. I usually go three times in the shower in the morning, just to make sure my face is clean. I like the washing, but I will be switching to J&J head-to-toe baby wash because it is cheaper...five washings a day makes the Purpose go pretty quickly! :-)