Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest *Clara

Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel, just bought it.

Guest *Clara

Well I just bought the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. 13 bucks for a tiny little thing. No bigger than my hand. Well I'm going to try it tonight and tell you all what I think. Unlike some people who said they would but didn't. eusa_hand.gif

So I'm going to wash with a washcloth then apply it. I'm thinking of leaving it on longer than 5 - 10 minutes. Maybe 30 - 60 minutes. I find that leaving things on longer leave better benefits. O.K. so I'll reply later tonight. It's 4:30pm right now so I'll reply at 8pm. Eastern Time. Seeya later. wink.gif

Well I just bought the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. 13 bucks for a tiny little thing. No bigger than my hand. Well I'm going to try it tonight and tell you all what I think. Unlike some people who said they would but didn't. eusa_hand.gif

So I'm going to wash with a washcloth then apply it. I'm thinking of leaving it on longer than 5 - 10 minutes. Maybe 30 - 60 minutes. I find that leaving things on longer leave better benefits. O.K. so I'll reply later tonight. It's 4:30pm right now so I'll reply at 8pm. Eastern Time. Seeya later. wink.gif

But... do ya'll really think that will actually do anything that noticeable? It's supposed to have like only 2% Salicylic Acid... that's about the same percentage as in other acne products, and definately not strong enough to be called a peel..?! I don't know... I wouldn't waste money on it... you could get higher % peels for only a little more online...

tell us if it works though! biggrin.gif

Peace,

Nadiyah

Guest *Clara

Salicylic Acid isn't the only ingredient and that is meant to help treat the active acne. Mushroom protein and other hidden ingredients are in it to give the results of a peel. Don't ask me why they only mention the s.a. and mushroom protein because I don't know why. Btw I'll post back at 9 because I've been really busy today, hehe sorry. lol.gifeusa_whistle.gif

edit: btw, I found the peel at my walmart.

Guest *Clara

I just applied it on my face and I feel a slight warm/burning sensation. Not the tingling as they put it. Also it feels tight. When I put it on there are lots of blue sparkly things in it... I wonder what that is. So I'll reply back later and see what happens.

Oh ok... I just thought it was kind of weird how they only listed the Salicylic Acid as the active ingredient. Anyway, good luck, I hope it works good for you! Keep us posted! smile.gif

Guest *Clara

Well I left it on for an hour. hehehe and my redmarks have faded SO MUCH! My skin is smooth as GLASS! The redmarks are super dull and are a very light pink. They used to be super red all the time but now they are smaller, really dull, and less noticeable. I'm going to try it again tomorrow. I'll probably use it 4 or 5 times a week because it'll probably work better and quicker. I love it!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well I left it on for an hour. hehehe and my redmarks have faded SO MUCH! My skin is smooth as GLASS! The redmarks are super dull and are a very light pink. They used to be super red all the time but now they are smaller, really dull, and less noticeable. I'm going to try it again tomorrow. I'll probably use it 4 or 5 times a week because it'll probably work better and quicker. I love it!!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

after reading your post i went out and got it for myself smile.gif

gonna use it tonight and ill post an update tomorrow

wish me luck!

Guest *Clara

Good luck! Well I'm going to use it more often this week and report back this weekend to see if it worked well enough. smile.gif

i finally found it at rite aid near my home. i dont think you should expect results after one single use. the problem with many skin care products is, people buy and use once or twice and decide it doesnt work. after running through 80 products in a month, they think their acne is doomed.

i'd like to hear updates after a week at least.

that said, it seems like a good product though (SA works best in concentrations of 1-2%--this peel has 2%--more is not better; however, AHAs like glycolic and lactic acids work best at 8%).

i used this peel last night and after washing it off, it didnt dry my skin much (i'm on accutane). it has little beads in it though. i hope it's not just a scrub masquerading as a "peel." i kept my store reciept, just in case.

jesus, an hour?!

i bought this about a week ago, and have been noticing barely anything happening. and im still breaking out a little bit.

i was thinking about upping the amount i left it on, and i just left it on for about 20 mins about half an hour ago.

so u suggest leaving it on for an hour for max results?

and did it leave your skin red?

i don't know about most folks, but i tend to read directions and follow them.

it says 5-10 minutes. why would you want to leave it on for 6 times that? more doesn't always mean better OR quicker. maybe quicker to the finish line titled "red, inflamed, peeling skin."

the irritating factors may not even show for a week or more as you peel, peel, peel away almost every day despite the packaging which states 1-3x/week.

plus, it's an ACID--even at 2%. And it's being marketed as a PEEL not, say, a moisturizer, so the vehicle in which the SA sits is probably highly irritating if left on longer for the instructed time.

karen you may do as you like

anyway i promised an update...

i did the peel yesterday, left it on for an hour or so...did the same today

after two uses i do see some noticeable results...my marks are lighter than they were yesterday and i didnt experience any irritation at all

well ill post another update when i have something to share

karen you may do as you like

anyway i promised an update...

i did the peel yesterday, left it on for an hour or so...did the same today

after two uses i do see some noticeable results...my marks are lighter than they were yesterday and i didnt experience any irritation at all

well ill post another update when i have something to share

no need for fighting.

anyways, i think ive been overusing the product.

2x a day since about last thursday?

i think ill try it for an hour today, and give it a rest till the weekend.

will give you guys the results.

anyways, i think ive been overusing the product.

2x a day since about last thursday?

i think ill try it for an hour today, and give it a rest till the weekend.

will give you guys the results.

Guest *Clara

True they tell you how long to leave it on but I don't HAVE to listen. I find that things can work better my way. Also, my face wasn't red at all. The box expressly says it's NON-irritating.

Are ya'll spot treating when ya'll over-use it, or putting it all over your face? I'm thinking of buying it and just put it on my spots and leaving it on for the hour or whatever... too afraid to use it on my whole face like that since my skin gets irritated with SA.  wink.gif