Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LucidJane

Where are the bad skinned people on TV?

I'm still appaled that acne has the same social stigma attached to it as it always has. In a time where information and awareness is so easy to attain - why is it that we're still treated (to some extent) like lepers?

It's not unclean, it's not a conscious thing, it's not a deformity - it's just like having diabetes or something, but unfortunately for us - it's out there for all to see.

Have you ever seen someone with even one pimple on television (unless it's some hysterical teen 'oh my god I got a pimple before the prom' moment on a sitcom or something). Where are they in the movies? What is it with the constant focus on having good skin - is it going to make you a better person - Hell, no.

Surely society can get past this stigma. For one, we'd all feel better about ourselves and acne wouldn't be such a torment after all.

Me? I blame the media. Lets see some more spots on TV! and while we're at it, lets get some models on the catwalk that weigh more than 80 pounds! Viva la revolution!!!

Guest Avian

Hi and welcome to the board. You seem quite opinionated! biggrin.gif

People don't want to see people with acne on TV. That's the only reason, it simply doesn't look nice, and TV companies make more money when people like what they see. But maybe if more people with acne were on TV, it would be less of a big deal.

Guest Shjaker

I didn't read the post. >_>

Maybe there aren't many bad skinned people on TV because they're self conscious and hiding from the world like us.

Guest Amy Lee

MTV showed these twins who dream of becoming Brad Pitt lookalikes. They have severe acne. But that's all I guess I had seen from the TV.

Guest Avian

Well Brad Pitt had acne so they were probably on the right track!

Guest Anubis

Where are the bad skinned people on TV...well..they are hideing under pounds of makeup..that's where they are! wink.gif

Where are the bad skinned people on TV...well..they are hideing under pounds of makeup..that's where they are! wink.gif

MTV showed these twins who dream of becoming Brad Pitt lookalikes. They have severe acne. But that's all I guess I had seen from the TV.

I was watching a show once and several people on it had acne. For a moment I was happy to see that but then my friend goes "Wtf? Why do all these people have acne?" I pretended not to hear him. That's when I decided I'd rather they didn't put people with acne on TV so I don't have to hear peoples comments about it. Even though I know the comments aren't directed towards me they might as well be. Kind of reminds me of the way I feel when a 5 minute long Proactiv commercial comes on.

I'm still appaled that acne has the same social stigma attached to it as it always has. In a time where information and awareness is so easy to attain - why is it that we're still treated (to some extent) like lepers?

It's not unclean, it's not a conscious thing, it's not a deformity - it's just like having diabetes or something, but unfortunately for us - it's out there for all to see.

Have you ever seen someone with even one pimple on television (unless it's some hysterical teen 'oh my god I got a pimple before the prom' moment on a sitcom or something). Where are they in the movies? What is it with the constant focus on having good skin - is it going to make you a better person - Hell, no.

Surely society can get past this stigma. For one, we'd all feel better about ourselves and acne wouldn't be such a torment after all.

Me? I blame the media. Lets see some more spots on TV! and while we're at it, lets get some models on the catwalk that weigh more than 80 pounds! Viva la revolution!!!

Yeah... Imagine being on the big screen without makeup. It's every acne-sufferers worst nightmare!

Maybe the solution is just to have five make up artists in tow at all times. wink.gif

Edward James Olmos (sp). He's the guy from that new galatica mini series. i guess he has really really bad acne in his youth, yet his the star of the show. Also, most of the time i see people with acne, they're usually the bad guy, some sort of scar face evil dude kinda thing.

Oh, oh, I saw people with acne on MTV Base.

There was this interview with Snoop Dogg and the camera aimed at his cheek, and there were those blackheads and this hideous big whitehead.

I was like, 'D'OH!'

Or when they do MTV Cribs or other interviews that are 'exclusive', or Making The Video for that matter.

I even have some photo sessions of particular stars like Pharell Williams or Andre 3000. Their faces look bad. 50 Cent has acne too, even on his clips.

Just gotta look closely.

Maybe it's just them blacks, I don't know.

Trust me, you don't want to see them without makeup.

seriously man their are alot of actors out there that had acne, jet li, f murray abraham, ray liotta, james woods, even supermodel elizabeth hurley had it, so their you go these people had acne and are famous as heck. eusa_clap.gif

Guest PinkStar

They're everywhere, hidding under tons of makeup, good lightening and good camera angles wink.gif

Guest Avian

These people may be famous acne sufferers, but the only reason they are clear all the time is that they have the time and money for Hollywood dermatologists and expensive beauty regimes...

Have you ever seen someone with even one pimple on television (unless it's some hysterical teen 'oh my god I got a pimple before the prom' moment on a sitcom or something).

Alot of stars say they 'had' acne, but when i've seens pics of them its pretty minor looking (ie britney spears, jessica simpson). I have seen on television malcom from malcom in the middle on david letterman, and he looked like he was having a bad breakout. Also, the dude from Real World san diego had acne during his interviews, but after he moved into the house it suddenly dissappeared (mustve been a good makeup job). And i've seen stars on tv that look like they have a zit, but its so well covered up that they still look gorgous. Wish i could have a full time make-up artist wink.gif

-misha

alicia keys has horrible acne, in her videos they would just scan it and make her face clear, ( i dont know if im using the right word, "scan") because even with makeup you can still see the bumps,so it has to be more than just makeup.also they have alot of money so they go to really expensive places and get expensive procedures done.they have them on the E channel.

what they on about a fields nose with rosacea?

here lIt tends to be less hormonal, but is aggravated by the sun and certain foods. Flushing, or a diffuse reddening of the face is also common. In men with untreated rosacea, the bulbous W.C. Fields nose can be a long term result.