Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slaughter

Accutane requirements?

What would be the "requirements" so to speak to be perscribed accutane? I badly want to try it, after so much progress to break out in spots again :) It's REALLY depressing just now I looked in the mirror and felt sick, I feel like cyring, I'm chasing a special girl to me @ the mo, shes great n I'm worrid that, even though she'll see me for who I am I'd put her off :- Can't take much more of this.

Well, it differs between the dermatologists. But you basically just need either severe acne or mild/moderate acne that hasn't responded to ANYTHING else. You could just tell your derm what you just typed and i'm sure he would prescribe it to you. If you tell him that acne is affecting your social life and everything (like I did), then there is a good chance he'll give it to ya. Cheers

-Shawn-

If you really want it then say you've tried lots of things and NOTHING has affected your acne....if anything, it's gotten worse. And then say it's affecting your social life cuz you don't want people to see you n shit. But don't say that your like hella depressed or anything already, cuz if your already depressed he might not prescribe it since accutane can cause more depression.

But don't be afraid to ask for it if you feel like it's what you need. Cuz my first derm would try all of these shitty lotions and what not....and I was like "he knows what he's doing...I guess I don't need accutane yet." If only I would of asked, I could of gone on accutane like 2 years ago instead of just a few months ago. So just let him know what's up

-Shawn-