Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You know... I was being almost consistant on a regimen for months, but I seemed to have leveled out... over a week ago I was depressed and went cold turkey on all topicals. I bet you can guess what happened. My face is now about twice as bad as when I started doing a regimen. razz.gif

I don't think I could have been completely clear on a regimen, I likely need something stronger, and there are reasons that won't be able to happen...

Sometimes I just feel so dead, all my progress vanished way too quickly. Why does it take months to gain a little and a week to lose a lot?

I guess I can always wear a paper bag over my head or live in the mountains somewhere... sad.gif

Guest Anubis

Paper bag...no...mountains..perhaps. Just start over on the regimen. We all have set backs. eusa_angel.gif

we all make mistakes dont worry - i know it how it feels because my face became horrible overnight but is taking so long to clear up

patience is the magic word!

if you don't think your products are woking as they should, speak to your derm!

good luck

You know it would be day 1 again now... with all the usual initial breakout weeks again... *sigh*..

I still think I'm going to level out again and still end up far from clear, you know? I wish I could get something like Accutane but its not within my grasp...

Actually what I really wish is that I didn't need to treat this, that I could be accepted without me doing anything in the way of acne... is it selfish? sad.gif

i wish acne didnt exist - i mean the world can be so cruel: we've spent people to space but we havent found a cure for acne .... what the hell?

i am so sorry u cannot get accutane - maybe u can get a generic brand - if i was rich i would give u the money myself but i can barely afford my treatment since i am still at uni - my parents are paying it for me and managed to get only some of it from insurance! I hope you win the lottery or have some good luck and your skin will clear up overnight !

Yeah that's the problem right now, I have no insurance at all, and I'm too nervous to go to a dermatologist... confused.gif

Guest Avian

How about saving up some money for stronger stuff, if you can't get it on insurance? If the regimen wasn't working that well for you, you should definitely try to get some other topicals, or accutane.

Progress with acne is always like that, we all suffer setbacks from time to time. Just keep perservering, stay committed to your regimen. Mine takes half an hour per night, but I know that the negative feelings over having to do it would easily be overshadowed by the negative feelings caused by setbacks.

Stay stubborn, don't give up. smile.gif

EDIT: Why are you nervous about a derm?

I've always been nervous... I get scared around people and I feel ashamed. I feel like I subject people to unjust torture, I try to avoid people the most I can but I need to pass people eventually and then I feel weird... doubt.gif

Maybe this is about willpower... I'm not meant to be because I don't have the strength to move on... confused.gif

I'm sorry. sad.gif

Guest Avian

Derms are professionals, you need to be really strong minded and remind yourself that it's a professional situation when they're examining you. And when they examine you, they can diagnose and cure. smile.gif

believe me - a derm will never judge you - it is their job and i bet they have seen very bad cases during their experience!

they are there to help you not work against you - i think my derm is one of the very few persons i feel comfortable with seeing me without make up - in fact while i am in the waiting room i feel very self conscious, but once i go in next to her she makes me feel better and tells me "don't worry u will b beautiful" smile.gif

Melchyyy,

heyy, don't be down...well, that's easier said than done...I know what you're going through. it feels like it's all a waste isn't it? all these bloody treatments you're doing and if one day you slack off, it's back to square one... sad.gif

But, can I say one thing? PLease don't be scared about going to a derm. like julieta said, they won't judge you, it's their job!!!

and trust me, they probably get a million patients a day, they won't look at you and be disgusted or anything. Seriously. Go do a derm, they can help!! really.

because from what I know, you're just buying over the counter stuff right? they may not give you accutane or wahtever, but maybe they'll give you antibiotics and you can take that to improve it a little and maybe by the end of that, you can see how it looks. Just don't be nervous to go to a derm!!

Take care, wub.gif

how you doing melchoir?

That totally sucks dude, dunno what to say other then hang in there and keep on trying.

Seeing a derm might be a good idea, have you tried antibiotics yet?

Hey Melchior!

I'm sorry to hear that you're back to where you started. I'd be sooo pissed if that happened to me!! All that work for nothing? ERghhh!!! But yeah, just sayin i'm feeling you lol.

I really think you should go to the derm too. Just think of it this way, 15 minutes of nervousness (well, it's more like 5 minutes with my derm rolleyes.gif ) and you're home free! If you are lucky enough to get Accutane you may just get rid of the acne for good biggrin.gif . Then no more worries right? WEll.....at least not about acne.

HOpe you consider going to a derm. It's worth it!

Guest Zitro

Hey, we are all in this together user posted image

The dermatologist is there to help you ... he/she won't judge you for your acne, since that person gets visit from acne sufferers aplenty.

Cheer up, maybe you'll find the right medicine.

I've always been nervous...  I get scared around people and I feel ashamed.  I feel like I subject people to unjust torture, I try to avoid people the most I can but I need to pass people eventually and then I feel weird...  doubt.gif

Maybe this is about willpower... I'm not meant to be because I don't have the strength to move on...  confused.gif

I'm sorry.  sad.gif