Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
enigma

which is better , subcision or skin needling?

I have heard needling is better for shallow scars because it works on top of the scar and subcision is better for deeper ones because it works underneath the scar. But then again everyones face is different.

hi thanx for that piece of info !

but its still possible to use the subcision procedure to raise the 'big pores' scars isnt it? as compared to needling?

how much is the needling process?

i live in singapore and my derm tells me its cost 3000Singapore $ so she may not get the device to do skin needling.

any views on that?

hi thanx for that piece of info !

but its still possible to use the subcision procedure to raise the 'big pores' scars isnt it? as compared to needling?

how much is the needling process?

i live in singapore and my derm tells me its cost 3000Singapore $ so she may not get the device to do skin needling.

any views on that?

In my opinion, needling is better for damaged pores as subcision improves depressed scars.

It is also to my belief that one may even benefit from doing both procedures.

I agree with Max - needling is not too effective on the larger pits/picks but good for the more shallow type of scarring. I have had 2 needling sessions now and the larger pits'picks have not improved that much. I am considering subcision with N-lite for those now - and possibly a filler.

lol, that combination could be successful given you're in the right hands. Subcision-Nlite-Localized(spot)Tca. It's an expensive procedure!

I think that may be a great combination.... if only I could get my hands on some TCA :) Actually, I was considering getting some 70% glycolic is seeing if that could work in a similar way to TCA/Cross method. From what I understand of the TCA ice pick method - it's purpose is to stimulate collagen - that is what any peel should do, so maybe a high glycolic treatment just for the picks might work in a simialr way - just thinking aloud - not suggesting that this is the correct method.

like to find out whether it is possible to do both of them concurrently

of course on differnet scars concurrently.

that would save some time instead of waiting the tca procedure to finish then proceed on to the subcision.

can subcision work well on ice pick?

even the tca is only partially effective as i have read on this forum on tca peels, sw the japanese doc website, onli ard 50% improvement

i try to srtive towards perfection, got really bad scars, wil send soome of my photos if time n convenience allows.

hope u all succeed in the quest of striving to skin perfection, virtually...

=)

This spot TCA or localized TCA is a relatively new procedure. Many people here have experienced TCA peels. Like Maya mentioned, SPOT tca stimulates collagen in the injected area. I also think that subcision, nlite and then spot tca is the way to go!!!!

haha yo max5566 :)

thats the way to go, i will ask my derm abt this man

i am prepared to spend up till 3000bucks on getting it a 80-90 improvement

on accutane though , must wait for another 8mths though sad=(

reallyh hope no relapse of cystic acne after i stop accutane 2 mths later for the period of 6mths for accutane to leave the bloodstream b4 then, even on the strongest antibiotics, sometimes i still break out some big cystic ones, sighz...

anyone got any advice on that?

would you all suggest my combination of subcision, n lite then tca peels on icepick scars for our comrades in this great forum?

Wayne the Enigma

Wayne, Do let us know what your doctor says about this. And keep up that good attitude of yours, its less stress on the skin :) . And it's good that you're willing to spend anything...you know what someone said once, "Doctor, feel my purse" or in your case, wallet. So keep that in mind.

Enigma, Max & Maya: Yes, I think the combination of subcision, n-lite and TCA might be good. I have definitely had improvement from subcision (some pits didn't elevate till they were done twice). Although my pits haven't filled in completely, they have definitely improved.

I asked Dr Anthony Chu what he thought about the spot/CROSS TCA treatment for ice-picks but he felt that subcision was necessary before this treatment, to free the tethered down scar. I do agree with this. I don't believe that the current treatments will help significantly unless deep, tethered down scars are freed from below.

Enigma, have you looked on the voy forum? There are quite a few Singaporeans who swap information about the doctors who perform subcision, etc. (I am very interested because I am Singaporean too, but living in UK).

Hi Lola, hey i didnt know abt that!

thanks for telling me, u mind telling me whether you have had subcision before?does it work well on ice pick scars?

have quite a few on my cheeks, must try to get rid of them as much as possible

i hate acne!!!!been suffering for almost 10years!! have been popping out like a teenager if i never take medication or not careful with my diet n sleep! fortunately im on accutane, does it help permanently with cytic ance? anyone?

Enigma

The Voy board is here http://www.voy.com/10956/. I have been following it for over a year and there have been quite a few Singaporeans following it and comparing notes on treatments.

I've had subcision four times, the first two in different parts of my face, the third time the doctor treated some missed during the first two rounds and also re-treated some previously treated ones. The last time, on a few previously missed. I have definitely seen results although not in all cases. Sometimes, no results after the first treatment, but results after the second. Most of my scars are very deep/big and most have elevated a bit (not completely). Although I read that subcision doesn't help ice-picks, mine have definitely improved. They are still there, but more shallow. I think subcision is necessary with deep scars to free the tethered down scar.

hi there... i'm new here and i live in singapore... i was just wondering if anyone knows someone who does needling in singapore... eusa_angel.gif