Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you ever feel that you have been turned down by a girl/guy, or turned down for any other reason because of your acne?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever feel that you have been turned down by a girl/guy, or turned down for any other reason because of your acne?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Amy Lee

Yes. You'll feel people's rejection based from their looks.

But on the brighter side, I now know who are the true persons that really care.

looks is a major thing when it comes to YOU asking someone to a date though. even YOU are superficial.

Guest Amy Lee
looks is a major thing when it comes to YOU asking someone to a date though. even YOU are superficial.

acne looks bad and to people who've never had anything close to what you have, it does seem like a serious skin disease. I dont blame them.

Guest Amy Lee
acne looks bad and to people who've never had anything close to what you have, it does seem like a serious skin disease. I dont blame them.

shock.gif I can't beleive what I'm hearing. Them guys where you live must be really stupid, blind, or have something wrong with them. I'm sure you get all kind of looks, you probably just don't notice them. Then again acne can make us so withdrawn sometimes that we don't want to be involved with anybody, even if they do find us attractive, that's how I feel anyway. Kind of feel like I'm not worthy of anybody at times, so I don't try.

I have mild-moderate scarring and I still get compliments and girls hitting on me.

In fact, today I got my first gf ever! (I'm 17). And the cool thing is she doesn't care at all about my scars. It's great b/c I don't have to worry about avoiding bad lighting and knowing she doesn't care makes me not care at all about how my scars look to others. Also, when I tell her about my punch floats and dermabrasion this summer she won't care at all either! biggrin.gif

She said she loves my "randomness" (I thank my years of watching stand-up comedy and improv for my witty humor)

I thought having a gf would take away from my studies and such, but in fact it does the opposite! Makes you feel much healthier over all.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

This is tough to know whether we got rejected because of acne or any other reason, unless the other person flat out tells you "Your face is like an armadillo and I don't like you" or something.

I'd say in many many cases we got rejected NOT because of acne. Most often times, it's because of either how we carry ourselves, or how they perceive us.

On the more superficial level....I find girls usually turn down guys physically based on: Race, culture, height, weight, and money (provided you have an 'average' face), but then again....IF they were judgemental in the beginning based on this...well, we don't want to start that argument now and end up with another 26 pages of discussion.

I had LOTS and LOTS of acne big and small growing up (Junior high and highschool). Had no problems finding dates (non sexual though because of the culture and era I grew up in)...and I had lots of cute looking girls. They were more interested in my jokes, personality and musical ability than anything else. So I guess young people are not necessarily more superficial than older people is what I'm trying to say.

HOWEVER, since I moved to the US...finding dates have been really tough for me even though I think I'm not an ugly person, or anything bad (decent money, etc..etc). Then again, American culture focuses a LOT on what you can see, convenience, pleasure, etc..etc...so girls may be biased towards certain people (shorter people, Asian guys, etc).

Just my opinion of course.

I'd say in many many cases we got rejected NOT because of acne. Most often times, it's because of either how we carry ourselves, or how they perceive us.

I couldn't have said it any better. It's our self confidence that due to the acne that is the major turn off.

I get looks on occasion. I think to myself why are you looking at me, didn't you see my acne. It's very hard to follow up on somebody checking you out or flirting with you when your confidence is so low.

^ Fired?

I didn't have enough confidence to ask random people out when my skin was at its worse, so I'll (hopefully) never know.

So many teenagers work in the food industry with acne, that's ridiculous discrimination. But I'm glad for you now. smile.gif

yeaaaaah one time i was at a party and this girl was like a couple metres away from me and told me to come over.. she obviously wanted to talk, but as soon as i was close she made some random excuse and when i walked away all i heard was "ew did u see that?!"