Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
make_me_perfect

NATURAL TREATMENT - LEMON JUICE

Ive heard all over the place that applying lemon juice to red marks or acne scars helps effectively fade them and was wondering..

Anyone tried it?

How long did it take to see results?

Any negative reactions to it?

Thanks a lot,.

Ive heard all over the place that applying lemon juice to red marks or acne scars helps effectively fade them and was wondering..

Anyone tried it?

How long did it take to see results?

Any negative reactions to it?

Thanks a lot,.

Here's some info about it, copied from the FAQ. It includes a link in which people discuss their experiences.:

Q: What is the Lemon & Vinegar Method?

A: This is a method that may improve the appearance of shallow, rolling scars. Drink either Robinson’s Lemon Barley Water or plain water with half a teaspoon of lemon juice to a full glass of water throughout the day. It is best to use fresh lemons if possible. Use any diluted vinegar (organic apple cider if possible, malt or white are also acceptable) in warm water to splash onto the face day and night. You may have to experiment to find the right combination of water to vinegar. Try diluting it 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water to start with. First wash your face with your normal cleanser, and then apply the vinegar (dab the solution on with cotton balls and leave on) before other topicals/moisturizers (apply topicals 20 minutes later). You should see an improvement within a week or two.

For more information, read this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=4885

Here's some info about it, copied from the FAQ. It includes a link in which people discuss their experiences.:

Q: What is the Lemon & Vinegar Method?

A: This is a method that may improve the appearance of shallow, rolling scars. Drink either Robinson’s Lemon Barley Water or plain water with half a teaspoon of lemon juice to a full glass of water throughout the day. It is best to use fresh lemons if possible. Use any diluted vinegar (organic apple cider if possible, malt or white are also acceptable) in warm water to splash onto the face day and night. You may have to experiment to find the right combination of water to vinegar. Try diluting it 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water to start with. First wash your face with your normal cleanser, and then apply the vinegar (dab the solution on with cotton balls and leave on) before other topicals/moisturizers (apply topicals 20 minutes later). You should see an improvement within a week or two.

For more information, read this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=4885

i am doing this right now. yes it has made me break out and my skin is rough. It's like a hard layer of skin has formed. It has been one week, I am hoping that the breakout will go away and the skin will peel off. Right now my skin does not look good, but I hear it will take more then a week.

i am doing this right now. yes it has made me break out and my skin is rough. It's like a hard layer of skin has formed. It has been one week, I am hoping that the breakout will go away and the skin will peel off. Right now my skin does not look good, but I hear it will take more then a week.

I am also expiramenting with the ACV method and I think that I am experiencing positive results. My scars are not extremely bad and overall you have to be relatively close to really see their full appearance but nonetheless, I know they are there. I believe that the exfoliation is what helps the appearance of our skin when we try ACV. I also use kind of a "Shave" method, in that I take an extra few strokes on my problem areas when I shave. Admittedly I have nicked myself ever so slightly in the past but I do not see how this would be too terribly different from any other methods employed by a dermatologist. I know the effects may not be permanent but it does improve the appearance. Also, the ACV seems to leave my skin feeling softer and smoother. I use 100% strength ACV as I am Italian with very tough oily skin. I will say that strength may be too much for others and you may burn yourself over time. I'm not a doctor, just an adventurer.

I don't think you're using a "100% vinegar". I am not diluting my vinegar either, but on the bottle it says "5% acidity". And it burns a little. I've been followin the method for 5 days, so I can't really say anything yet, but I will keep you updated.