Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have just read a post on XCD king of shaves tinted moisturiser, though it hides marks a little its not really that good.

It's basically make up for men, which I'm fine with, I mean why not?

My problem is that from time to time I will break out. I'm told I'm very good looking and I guess I am, but on the days I break out I feel horrible and my confidence takes a huge bashing.

After trying XCD I figured well its pretty much make up why not try some of the stuff the girls get to use?

So I tried almost all of them over a period of time, some were terrible and looked obvious!

Obviously being guys we want it to appear totally invisible, and help hide red marks etc.

The best out there is Estee lauder Maximum Cover, it totally covers scars, red marks etc and you cannot really tell you have it on at all, its less noticable than XCD and it does not rub off on cloths easily, best of all is that its waterproof so even if you get wet it wont come off. It does however come off easily with face wash and it does NOT cause break outs. It also minimises the appearence of pores etc, you really cannot tell you are wearing it.

On the days I have bad skin I just moisturise and then put a very small amount of this stuff on my face using my fingers and all the red marks just fade away.

Some of you will think this is 'gay' or stupid, I however think its fine and if it helps you feel good then its worth it.

The girls can use this too of course, I aimed this at guys as most girls are probably aware of this stuff anyhow.

I totally understand Evanescence95, I was the same. It ws only because I tried the 'MENS' range that made me realise the only difference is psycological.

The great thing is that its almost invisible, though it would not be good on very dry skin or really bad acne. Mainly because though the red would be hidden the bumps would be obvious and obvious you have make up hiding them.

But for mild/moderate acne its amazing. If ever I have a bad day with my skin, It doesnt have to ruin my day anymore.

Always make sure you get the right colour too, I have quite tanned skin so I go for a darker colour, nobody has ever noticed I have it on, and I have even asked close friends if they can tell and they say no do you have any on now? :o)

Thanks for the tips. Is there any way you could post a pic of you without it on and with it on just so I could get an idea of how it looks? Sorry if that sounds wierd.

but would it be okay for oil skin i dont know, and it might block the pores. i have really oily skin would it be okay for me to use

ok, take a look at that pic, am I or am I not wearing it? biggrin.gif

As for oily skin it should be fine, mine can get oily too at times, It wont block pores as mine get blocked easily but this doesnt.

This pic in black and white, grrr but I think I do have it on in this pic.

P.s in first pic I dont, I need some better pics really to give examples, but basically you would not see a difference really.

Unlesss I was habing a spotty day and didnt cover em up biggrin.gif

post-22514-1112229225_thumb.jpg

post-22514-1112229225_thumb.jpg

dreamyboi, for some reason, I think you were wearing concealer on the first pic. Am I right? I did not see the black and white pic.

The first pic I was not wearing anything, though I did have a bit of a tan at the time, the camera is showing dodgy colour so it does look like I am a bit, but nah I wasnt.

Its a makeup, tinted moisturiser doesnt really hide marks and can look a lot more obvious than this.

What colors are there? I'm not gonig to the store and buying it so it would have to be online. I have tan, very oily skin.. I've never used make up in my life, but if it can help certain areas I would be willing to try it. I'm scared that if I put it on one spot (upper lip) that it will be noticable(like my upper lip looking dryer or smoother than the shinier skin around it)

Is that the case? What color hsould I use? hopefully there isn't a huge variety of colors.

The max coverage... lets just say a tube will last you months, maybe even a year!

You need a pea sized amount for your entire face.

This stuff is such a thin layer it is not noticable but it hides any redness, its like magic.

You can apply it thicker but then it starts to look like makeup.

So when you just apply a tiny pea size amount to all your face it still covers ALL red marks and ALL redness? Is the coverage that great? Thanks.

I'm just making sure if i want to spend £20 on 30ml of product lol.

Thanks dude.

dreamyboi, could you please post a pic with makeup on and another pic without.

Plus, how do buy that stuff without people staring at you and thinking you're a panty-wearing transvestite? I would like to try one.

Yes a pea sized amount DOES cover all red marks.

It can even be used to cover scars and birth marks, yet looks so invisible.

At the moment, I am using BP and my skin is crystal clear but I still use a little tiny but just to keep my skin looking flawless.

I will try and get some pics up soon.

You can order online I imagine so you dont have to go in to the shop and ask biggrin.gif

Is this one of thoes creams that gets darker if u apply more? like if u apply really little really lightly, the shade is real light at first but as you apply more, gets darker?

I guess it would get darker if you applied more, but of course it would get thicker and less natural.

The best thing to do is pick a shade close to your skin.

I think the colours are light, light/medium, medium, medium/deep and deep. I use medium/deep usually as most of the time I have a tan.

Yes baloon head, it blends easily, though it dries very fast.

Unlike tinted moisturiser it has a very matte finish so use a lot of moisturiser first.

I rub a pee sized amount in my fingers and then evenly dab all over my face and then rub it in, it takes seconds, just make sure its perfectly even, you may want to dab a touch more, its simple once you get used to it.