Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirko

Dianette

Hi everyone, just started on dianette after using it once for a month and giving up.

Im starting my new job as a police officer in late June and desperately want to get clear before then, Im really worried that its going to affect my confidence whilst training.

Last time I used it i had to come off as my doctor didnt mention that you shouldnt use it whilst breastfeeding, which i was. Also I thaught it made my skin a lot worse, but hoping that was just my baby hormones.

Anyway week one - my skins gradually worsening and seems to be quite sore at the moment. but i normally have outbreaks in a cycle anyway so it maybe down to this.

post-4651-1112174679_thumb.jpg

post-4651-1112174679_thumb.jpg

Well week two, it steadily got worse but now its clearing. most of what look like spots in the photo are actually scars.

Went to my grans the other day to help her with some forms and I could notice she was studying my face. ' Your getting a few pimples on your face arent you love?, best put some cream on your face at night and they should clear'.

I could feel my face burning up whats worse is that shes registered partially blind!. She didnt mean anything by it but I was so embarrased I couldnt even bear to buy petrol on the way home.

I hate feeling so bloody stupid about my skin, my mother in laws just come to pick the kids up and because I didnt have any makeup on I couldnt even look her in the eye.

My boyfriend also takes the piss out of me for always covering my face up whenever Im talking to him, hes the only one i can laugh along with because he really doesnt care.

Hope this stuff works, ive suffered from acne since I was 14, granted it used to be alot worse, would love to just be able to wake up and go out without putting a load of crap on my face. eusa_boohoo.gif

post-4651-1112638130_thumb.jpg

post-4651-1112638130_thumb.jpg

Three weeks in now, seems to be going alright, huge spot I had on my cheeks fading now and my acne doesnt seem to be getting any worse. Also i forgot to mention Ive been using silicol skin alongside dianette, which is really good at drying out spots.

The only comments Ive got this week are from my 3year old girl, she was sat on my knee and said oh look mummy youve got spots, before poking them. I said to her 'do you think they look lovely on mummy' and she looked up at me with a grin and said noo. (charming eh)

Anyway got my weeks break now, so not sure if this is going to make a difference. Going away to see my boyfriends family on tuesday as well so hope I dont have a huge outbreak.

Oh by theway my skin might look a little red as I went on the sunbed for the first time in a year, think i stayed on it a bit too long. wub.gif

Look at this!, clearest Ive been in ages, the rooms a bit light so maybe my skin isnt as great as it looks but still a brilliant improvement. Hope it lasts just for a few days. eusa_pray.gif

Week four -

Well just got back from my trip and am absolutely shattered. Drank far too much trying to keep up with the lads eusa_wall.gif

Anyway I expected my skin to be bad after I came back because of all the makeup ive been wearing, trying to cover it up.

it is bad, but not too bad I suppose, Ive also noticed its not as greasy as it was before. Well gonna retire to my sofa now and nurse my hangover, sorry if i look a bit scary.

post-4651-1114604537_thumb.jpg

post-4651-1114604537_thumb.jpg

HI

I've been on the same pill. This is now my second month. I'm almost finished my first week of my second month. I experienced a severe breakout as well. I was mortified. I even took days off of work to try and compensate. U know no makeup continuous moisturizer. I'm a teacher and I had a parent ask me what was up with my face. And she said it even like that. So can u just imagine how I felt. During my first month, I was clear for a few days and during my period week, well it was just disgusting. I felt like I was back in highschool. ZIts everywhere. Now I only have it under my chin and it sooooo dry. I've been using jojoba oil to help with the dryness. Supposedly by month 3 or the end of this month I should be seeing result. I can soooo related to how u feel. I'd say hang in there but I now how frustrating this really is. Keep me posted.

Tania

Thanks tania hope it works for us eusa_pray.gif ,

week 5- not much has happened really, no worse no better, went for a medical and in true doctors style he said to me. ' I see you have a bit of excema on your face' I could feel myself starting to burn up. 'its not excema its acne' i said to him and then he started coming right up to my face and examining it. Bloody hell what a way to make me feel uncomfortable, it obviously wasnt bad enough that he had me stripped down to my bra!

' Is there any times it flares up and gets worse' he said whilst getting his bloody torch out now to look at it, in an ideal world id say no, ' i see your suffering a bit from fat basterd syndrome, is there any time that gets worse?, christmas maybe? go on lift yer top up lets have a good look and a prod. The cheeky sod i dont know what difference it made to him.

Excuse this weeks pic im severely hung over again, oh and the goergeus baby is my son jake

We're in this all with the same mission CLEAR SKIN!!!! I'm in between my 5th week now as well. I've noticed that the breakout has ceased. I still have a few but not as much as I did. (Watch I just jinxed myself) Although I have ugly scars on the side of my cheek and two on my chin. I just got an ugly huge zit that I squeezed, so that's a scar too. I need to stop touching my face but it's soooo hard. cry.gif Yesterday, I even had sooo many little I guess white heads in between my eye brows but this morning they seem to have disappeared. My doctor said that I should start seeing results between 6-8 weeks. I hope she's right. So hopefully for both of us, we will start seeing better results starting next week. U know how many days, I stayed home from work b/c of my breakout. It's soooo digusting how this crap can so ruin your life and make u feel embarassed. I even cancelled dates with a potential boyfriend for fear that my acne would scare him. Good luck and keep me posted. By the way, do u know of any medicines or creams that can help fade the dark scars? Take Care

Tania :

Hi Tania and Kirko

I am reading this thread with great interest. I am two weeks into taking Diane 35 and it's nice to hear about other peoples experiences. So far I don't think I have seen an intial breakout (touchwood) and I really hope I don't. I was on femedene before I went on Diane and that was a total nightmare. I was really emotional and snappy plus my skin got worse almost immediately, like worse than it's ever been, so femedene HAD to go.

I am sure my face is dryer than usual which is great although its not all over just in certain places. Great hey. Mood wise I think i am pretty normal so far. eusa_dance.gif

Hope it is going well for you two.

Hi guys sorry im having a bit of trouble getting a pic on at the moment with the amount of file space, Bio oils supposed to be good for scars but ive never tried it the name always put me off.

UR son is soooooo CUTE!!! He looks alot like u. Thanks for answering so quicky. I'm going to look into Bio oils just to see. I jinxed myself yesterday, I woke up this morning with little pimples on my check and chin and a little 1 on my forehead. The good thing is that they are little, the bad thing is that they are still coming. My chin and cheek are still scary. But it's even my fault I need to stop picking. When will I ever learn. There was this huge, cyst on my chin that I got on Sun, and I picked on it, so now I have a beautiful(ya right) scab.

I have a quick question for anyone really. Just want to make sure that I'm counting my weeks correctly. The weeks that we don't take the pill don't count right? So that would mean: I'm on my second week of my second set of pills, so that makes it 5 weeks right? LOL Sorry

your hot. heh, seriously, don't even worry about it. when i saw your first picture i didn't even notice the acne...i noticed your hair/eyes/lips.

good luck not getting hit on as a cop

I know hes lovely isnt he, (im not a proud mum lol) wub.gif

Ive noticed that as well i have quite alot of tiny spots on my face but not too many big ones its a bit like dot to dot, put another pic on so you can have a look since the last one didnt really show them, but i suppose thats a good sign if you cant see too many spots.

one of my main problems as well is im obsessed about overwashing my skin which I know isnt good for it, so the last few days ive managed to only wash it twice a day. I think you can get bio oil from boots and holland and barret ( depending if you live in the uk) its about £8.50 so its not cheap.

Silicol skin from saguna is a tried and tested product and I found it brilliant for the first few weeks, but I tended to overuse it and now all its started to do is overdry my skin. Would definitely recommend it though as a top internet find, but wash it off instead of leaving it on like i did eusa_doh.gif .

Thanks fuckacne youve made my day, what a lovely thing to say wink.gif

post-4651-1114681379_thumb.jpg

post-4651-1114681379_thumb.jpg

hi guys, im on diannete (again).

i did one 6 month course and the course finished at the end of october 2004. dont expect miracles over night - i didnt get clear till august 2004. i remained clear until january this year. i believe this to be because i didnt have a period for 3 months (after i stopped taking dianette) until january. after i had my period, things started going down hill again.

so im takin dianette again i have just started my 3rd month, if anything my skin is worse but i expected this as this happened before when i was on it for the first time.

a lot of my friends (im 16 by the way) have had the same experience - taking 5-6 months for dianette to work. they wernt stupid enough to come off it though n they remain clear 2 this day.

currently my skin is quite oily so my pores are quite enlarged i have a few spots about 2-3 major ones but mainly just blackheads n tiny non-inflamed whiteheads. i just want to get rid of this curse!!!!!!

good luck with it.

Cheers Kathryn thats really reassuring to know, my skins broke out again overnight and im really fed up. To top that both grandparents have offered to look afterthe kids today and overnight so me and the bloke can go camping and its pissing it down ( after being hot and sunny) yesterday. Had to console myself with the biscuit tin. sad.gif

Just out of curiosity can anyone remember the first time they got spots?

I remember first getting loads of blackheads on my chin ( i wasnt really too big on washing) after a couple of weeks i thaught it would be a good idea to squeeze them, thinking that that would be that. My face was a real mess and thats when the concealor came out. I even started putting sudocream all over me at night.

when i first got acne it was just one massive pimple on my chin, then it steadily got a lot worse... Bio oil is what im using just now- it seems to be helping right now- but its weird putting on something which ive been told to avoid for my acne!

Yesterday was the start of my 6th week. That means 1 more week and here comes my period. YIPPI. confused.gif I'm soooo scared though, because I'm bound to get a pms zit or two or 3. Today I woke up and I only had 1 big zit on the side of my face. Like I said before I have a few areas with little bumps, but at least they can cover with makeup. Everything else like I said before is scars. The scary thing is, when I put on my make up today in my room I though wow it doesn't look that bad. I was confident but then I went outside in the sunlight and.....let me tell u I wanted to crawl in a hole. All u saw were scars. My mom thought I was nuts. She was like ur face is soooo much better then what it was. I know it is, but I wish it was even more better. I don't know what's worse pimples or scars. I know in time they will go away, but of course there will be more zits to take their place, so that means more scars. Sorry, don't mean to sound soooo blah, but I'm a little down. I just want it to stop, like everyone else on this website. I've been sooo patient. I swear tomorrow my face better be descent. I even have a date with a potential good guy on THurs....and I won't go if I break out. For once I just want to go out on a date and enjoy myself rather then be soooo self conscious about me face

Tania

Hey

Has anyone heard of the baking soda and apple cydar vinegar regime. Supposedly, u use the baking soda and an exfoliator and then put on the apple cidar vinegar to help equal out the ph balance. I want to try but I heard that it can cause dryness. Supposedly there's a thread that explains this all, but I honestly can't find it

Tania

Kirko; you are stunning, acne or no acne!! Seriously I understand why it gets you down [i suffer from it badly myself] and it seems as though it's all you see, but take a step back and you'll realise that you're gorgeous regardless!

Anyhoo, I've been on Dianette for about 9months now [i'm 19] and I've heard so many horror stories about spots returning when you stop taking it - eek. It's taken this long but my skin's much better now.. I get the odd spot, but meh, tis nothing compared to the misery I used to have.

I hope it works out alright for you guys anyway. I sympathise so completely with having zits n all that. It gets me down so much, especially when I see my friends at 7am when they've just woken up [i'm at uni] and their skin is perfect.. wish I could just get up and go! But no, there's the comfort make-up to apply!!

Good luck to everybody.

so sorry guys for not writing in my post for ages, ill keep you up to date from now on, promise.

Well 2months 3 weeks in and still spotty. sad.gif Wouldnt say much has improved since starting to be honest, but doing my best to stay patient. It actually seems to improve on my weeks break and worsen when I go back to pill popping which is a bit weird.

post-4651-1117908382_thumb.jpg

post-4651-1117908382_thumb.jpg