Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[color=purple

I have been on Accuatane several times., but mostly 2 or so pills a week. Anyway, my acne bumps aren't cyst like but the amt. has increased. ]I just had my first levulan treatment 6 days ago. I am going back 2 more times. Has anyone had experience with this? Did you breakout right after.? I did about 3 days after. My skin still seems oily. Am i being impatient?

[color=purple

I have been on Accuatane several times., but mostly 2 or so pills a week. Anyway, my acne bumps aren't  cyst like but the amt. has increased. ]I just had my first levulan treatment 6 days ago. I am going back 2 more times. Has anyone had experience with this? Did you breakout right after.? I did about 3 days after. My skin still seems oily. Am i being impatient?

[color=purple

I have been on Accuatane several times., but mostly 2 or so pills a week. Anyway, my acne bumps aren't  cyst like but the amt. has increased. ]I just had my first levulan treatment 6 days ago. I am going back 2 more times. Has anyone had experience with this? Did you breakout right after.? I did about 3 days after. My skin still seems oily. Am i being impatient?

I had my first Levulan treatment last Friday. Now my skin is tight and dry as hell and looks wrinkly. Hopefully it will start peeling soon. I have started to break out a little and can't wait to see the final results. Did your face peel?

I had my first Levulan treatment last Friday.  Now my skin is tight and dry as hell and looks wrinkly.  Hopefully it will start peeling soon.  I have started to break out a little and can't wait to see the final results.  Did your face peel?

My son did 3 levulan/non ablative laser treatments.  NOTHING.  In fact, I thought his skin was worse.  OHHHHHH the promises from the derm.  You wouldn't have believed it.  It was like she was going to turn his skin into that of Snow White.  We spent $1,770 on that alone - not to mention other visits, pills, creams.  The only thing that has even worked at all has been diet.

I hope you get more from your levulan.  Let us know.  Good luck!

I had my first. My skin was red two days. I peeled minimally. I have the worst broke out skin ever and I had moderate acne. I hope this is the cleansing period cause it is driving me nuts. I go for my second on Fri. Keep in touch.

I had my first Levulan treatment last Friday.  Now my skin is tight and dry as hell and looks wrinkly.  Hopefully it will start peeling soon.  I have started to break out a little and can't wait to see the final results.  Did your face peel?

When did your face start breaking out? It's been a week now and my face is "knock on wood" pretty clear.  I go for a microdermabrasion next friday then another levulan the next week.  I really don't notice a big difference yet though, but they told me to expect to break out afterwards. evil.gif

I go this Friday for the micro. Keeping my fingers crossed. smile.gif The next Levulan in in two weeks. I really don't notice too much of a difference yet. Let me know how it goes after your second treatment. Thanks.

I just had my first treatment with levulan Friday and NOTHING!! I didn't have any redness or peeling and I didn't feel anything during the treatment. I was hoping for a miracle cure. This is only my first treatment and I don't want to give up yet, but I'm already feeling like this is going to be another failed attempt. Any advice?

How long did they leave the levulan on for and how long were you under the blue light? Mine was 25 minutes w/levulan followed by 8 min under light. She told me that if I had no reaction to come back in the morning and they would put me back under. But I turned bright red and my face puffed up like a balloon and then got all dry and tight and peeled for 3 days. I looked horrible for a full week, start to finish. Afterwards I broke out on my cheek, (the one place I NEVER break out.) 2 weeks later I had a microdermabrasion, which I really didn't notice a difference and I go for another levulan in 2 weeks. I asked the doctor if an extreme reaction means that the levulan "took" and she said yes, you usually have better results when you have a stronger reaction, i.e, swelling, peeling.

What did your doctor say about you not having any reaction. Hopefull they will do it again a little stronger the next time. For what it costs they should not charge you for that one. Good lick.

How long did they leave the levulan on for and how long were you under the blue light? Mine was 25 minutes w/levulan followed by 8 min under light.  She told me that if I had no reaction to come back in the morning and they would put me back under.  But I turned bright red and my face puffed up like a balloon and then got all dry and tight and peeled for 3 days.  I looked horrible for a full week, start to finish.  Afterwards I broke out on my cheek, (the one place I NEVER break out.)  2 weeks later I had a microdermabrasion, which I really didn't notice a difference and I go for another levulan in 2 weeks.  I asked the doctor if an extreme reaction means that the levulan "took" and she said yes, you usually have better results when you have a stronger reaction, i.e, swelling, peeling.

What did your doctor say about you not having any reaction.  Hopefull they will do it again a little stronger the next time. For what it costs they should not charge you for that one. Good lick.

I had the levulan on for 20 min. and sat under the light for 8 min.  My Dr. wanted to wash the levulan off first, but I insisted that he leave it on while I sat under the light, I thought that might be more effective. I called to see if it was normal to not have any reaction and I'm waiting for a call back.  I have tried everything else and I really was hoping this would work.  I'm even wondering that from all the other treatments,(pills,lotions....) if my skin has just become immune.  Just wondering if you had better luck.  This is soooooo frustrating!!! eusa_wall.gif

I did the levulan treament with the laser twice. I decided not to go again because I did not see any difference in my acne or scars (actually started to get acne on spots I never had it before like cheaks and nose) and I usually would have one to two deeper zits well now I get even more at one time. I don;t know if you do more treaments with the light may work better but I waited a few weeks after the second laser treament and followed the skin care regimen they put me on and not one improvement....for 700 a treament I figured why waste my money. I would not recommend this treatment...the only good thing it dod for me was remove a freckle i had...i

I did the levulan treament with the laser twice. I decided not to go again because I did not see any difference in my acne or scars (actually started to get acne on spots I never had it before like cheaks and nose) and I usually would have one to two deeper zits well now I get even more at one time. I don;t know if you do more treaments with the light may work better but I waited a few weeks after the second laser treament and followed the skin care regimen they put me on and not one improvement....for 700 a treament I figured why waste my money. I would not recommend this treatment...the only good thing it dod for me was remove a freckle i had...i

I just had my first session with the levulan on thursday, its now sunday evening and I got some pretty good pelling going on. I had probably the most extreme treaetment going with and hour and thirty minutes on with the levulan followed by 15 minutes under the light. Let me tell you, its burned like hell. After the treatment I was pretty red, and still stinging. The next morning there was a little bit of crusting over where I had my worst acne on the cheeks. Still very red and feels like a bad sunburn. On the second day after the pelling begain and its pretty bad, the skin around my mouth also tightened a fair amount( making it very hard...almost painfull to eat). Now its sunday and the pelling is in full force and my face looks pretty messy. The skin underneath all of if does appear to be fairly good. I will updates through out the week as I go along, the redness has desapated a little bit but not a whole lot. One thing that I do want to point out that I notice on the first day after was that every pimple that I had that I guess was under my skin waiting to come out came out. But most have since either been peeled off or gone away adnormally quickly. All I can say is that it better work damn well for the amount of shit that you have to go through.

I just had my first session with the levulan on thursday, its now sunday evening and I got some pretty good pelling going on. I had probably the most extreme treaetment going with and hour and thirty minutes on with the levulan followed by 15 minutes under the light. Let me tell you, its burned like hell. After the treatment I was pretty red, and still stinging. The next morning there was a little bit of crusting over where I had my worst acne on the cheeks. Still very red and feels like a bad sunburn. On the second day after the pelling begain and its pretty bad, the skin around my mouth also tightened a fair amount( making it very hard...almost painfull to eat). Now its sunday and the pelling is in full force and my face looks pretty messy. The skin underneath all of if does appear to be fairly good. I will updates through out the week as I go along, the redness has desapated a little bit but not a whole lot. One thing that I do want to point out that I notice on the first day after was that every pimple that I had that I guess was under my skin waiting to come out came out. But most have since either been peeled off or gone away adnormally quickly. All I can say is that it better work damn well for the amount of shit that you have to go through.

Awww, I hope things go well for you. I can't wait to get home, that way I can see a derm and hopefully try Levulan. Can you ice to help with the swelling? What products does the derm have you use while going through the treatments? Did he/she tell you the success rates regarding levulan?

I went back on Saturday to have a repeat treatment because the first one didn't take. As the day went on my face became really red. Sunday it was still pretty red but it began to break out pretty bad. I don't have any peeling yet and as of today the redness seems to be going away. Still not sure if this will work. I had the levulan on for about 35 min. and sat under the light for 8 min. I don't know if I need to have it on for a longer period of time to be more effective??? I cant afford to miss work because of down time and I am a WACKO about how my face looks!! It really helps to hear how others were effected and how different Dr's have different methods. Why is that?? rolleyes.gif

I went back on Saturday to have a repeat treatment because the first one didn't take.  As the day went on my face became really red. Sunday it was still pretty red but it began to break out pretty bad.  I don't have any peeling yet and as of today the redness seems to be going away.  Still not sure if this will work.  I had the levulan on for about 35 min. and sat under the light for 8 min.  I don't know if I need to have it on for a longer period of time to be more effective???  I cant afford to miss work because of down time and I am a WACKO about how my face looks!!  It really helps to hear how others were effected and how different Dr's have different methods.  Why is that?? rolleyes.gif

My only concern is that Im only going through 3 treatments and what if I don't get the best results because of the time the levulan was left on. Im curious what would happen if they left it on longer the next time, would my recovery time be as long because I've already had exposere even though it was with a minimual reaction. What advice does your doctor give to you?