Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HI eusa_dance.gif First of all, I've got severe nodulocystic acne...

THe situation is liket his. I just moved to Birminham, AL, and I'll be going to a new HIGH SCHOOL here. ANd I just feel like shit whnever I have to confront the fact that I'll be facing new peoople with all these cysts. So i'm gon try to avoid human contact as much as possible. Making friends? BAH>>> I dunno. I know that people at first <<<<<--- judge you by your appearance... so I'm pretty much hopeless.

You know back when I had no acne... I had such a high self-esteem that I felt like I could conquer the world... but now... I'm feeling very insecure about EVERYTHING.

At my old school I was known for my coolness, asianness LOL, and intelligence... (Aren't all asians like that??LOL.) I would've been the valedictorian of my class but shits happened and I'm at a new school.

Now I'm a junior with 9 more weeks of school to go til I'm a senior. So I'm just gon avoid as much of human contact as possible... this sux... Life sux...

I'm just hoping it gets better.

ciao

TK

HI  eusa_dance.gif  First of all, I've got severe nodulocystic acne...

THe situation is liket his. I just moved to Birminham, AL, and I'll be going to a new HIGH SCHOOL here. ANd I just feel like shit whnever I have to confront the fact that I'll be facing new peoople with all these cysts. So i'm gon try to avoid human contact as much as possible. Making friends? BAH>>> I dunno. I know that people at first <<<<<--- judge you by your appearance... so I'm pretty much hopeless.

You know back when I had no acne... I had such a high self-esteem that I felt like I could conquer the world... but now... I'm feeling very insecure about EVERYTHING.

At my old school I was known for my coolness, asianness LOL, and intelligence... (Aren't all asians like that??LOL.) I would've been the valedictorian of my class but shits happened and I'm at a new school.

Now I'm a junior with 9 more weeks of school to go til I'm a senior. So I'm just gon avoid as much of human contact as possible... this sux... Life sux...

I'm just hoping it gets better.

ciao

TK

Hold on - are you male or female? Can you send a photo? If not, can you explain the extent of your acne? What are your positive features you can accentuate? Don't feel crippled and shun others or that will be worse. You probably are still cool and all. Others, who think they are perfect, really have issues often also. Stick with believing in yourself and thinking of all the good things about you. They may wish they were smart, rich, talented, dating someone, skinny, more muscular, smaller nose, etc....a lot of people don't feel that great about themselves even when they have clear skin. Think about that. Have you read any of the diet posts?

Um... the extent of my acne.

I'm currently on tane. I have millions of red marks, 3 huge, active cysts that are as big as a nickel. Some whiteheads.

Now... my positive features... I really don't think I have that many.

I'm good at sports. I think I'm pretty athletic. I'm not fat. I'm not stupid. I'm blessed with an awesome girlfriend who said that she didn't care if I had acne; now this is when I had some fistsize cysts on the face.

It's just this acne... that's killin me. I'm dreading school right now.

Yeah, I guess you are right. When you look at a person and you say "wow, he/she's got everything that IIIIII wish I had." But then again, I wouldn't know what's going inside him/her. He/she might have some difficult issues of their own, you know.

Yeah, I've read some diet posts. I ate a whole box of raisins last night. ANd like 3 hours later, I was in the bathroom. And this morning, it just flowed out... sorry about the nasty detail...LOL I don't know, but it felt darn good...LOL

Um... the extent of my acne.

I'm currently on tane. I have millions of red marks, 3 huge, active cysts that are as big as a nickel. Some whiteheads.

Now... my positive features... I really don't think I have that many.

I'm good at sports. I think I'm pretty athletic. I'm not fat. I'm not stupid. I'm blessed with an awesome girlfriend who said that she didn't care if I had acne; now this is when I had some fistsize cysts on the face.

It's just this acne... that's killin me. I'm dreading school right now.

Yeah, I guess you are right. When you look at a person and you say "wow, he/she's got everything that IIIIII wish I had." But then again, I wouldn't know what's going inside him/her. He/she might have some difficult issues of their own, you know.

Yeah, I've read some diet posts. I ate a whole box of raisins last night. ANd like 3 hours later, I was in the bathroom. And this morning, it just flowed out... sorry about the nasty detail...LOL I don't know, but it felt darn good...LOL

Gosh, it really sounds to me like you do have many positive things going for you. Really really try to focus on those. These high school daze will be over soon as well as your acne. I think you should focus as much as possible on all of your other traits. Dab a little concealer on your spots - your girlfriend can help!

Good luck!

Hey you should have a lot of strawberries in season now and plums - eat a lot of fruit and veggies

Dab a little concealer on your spots - your girlfriend can help!

biggrin.gif

Thx for the support. I have an appt with a derm on Thursday to get injections. The nurse says that the docs are very reluctant to prescribe Prednisone to me because I'm already on Tane. She also said that she might be wrong...LOL. Anyways.. I'm sure the spots will atrophy. This sux.

Yes.. I should try to focus on the positive traits about myself. Arg... though acne's hard to ignore...

Thx for your help!

I'm gonna keep eating lots of raisins... it's good for the digestive system...LOL

Guest Anubis

I read the raisin thread...let us know how it goes!

Anyway! Be happy to have the love of a kind and unselfish girl! Perhaps the tane will clear you soon and you will feel better? You sound like a great person..surley people will recognise that! Cheers!

i have really terrible acne too and i am on accutane and going through my initial breakout - its quite horrible and people look at me and pity me and i hate it when they feel sorry for you and look at you as if you have some kind of deadly disease - i feel like telling them "It's just acne you know - u have been through it yourself - the scars on your face tell me you had it quite badly - or have you forgotten what it feels like to look like this"

well at least i am doing something about my acne and the reason why it looks like this is because i am on Accutane so i will suffer to become beautiful and i am willing to do that!!

good luck to everyone - what matters is what we are like from the inside - but there is nothing wrong with wanting to look good from the outside too!!