Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatGuy16

I haven't cried in 5+ years

Man, ive gone through some really tough times in the last 5 years, and through of all that shit that has happened to me (deaths, acne, fights) I have not cried ONCE. And nope, I am not joking, i have not cried. I am only 16 years old now, so you can imagine all the things ive gone through from the age of 11...very tough years, but I have yet to cry.

Why? I have no idea, I hate to cry and anytime im about to, I hold it in because there may be people around me

Well, now I really want to cry to let it all out, and I think thats the reason why Ive been so fucked up this last week, I feel like theres a big ball in me of emotions, and I cant seem to let it out no matter what I do, and its bugging the hell out of me.

Sometimes I sit down and try to cry, and I cant. So I think of something sad, but it doesnt work. I play sad music, and nothing....HOW CAN I MAKE MYSELF CRY?!!?!?

well i guess emotions get our two ways crying and anger. if you cant try, yell. yep, just run down the streets and yell your nuts off. OR, deal with the emotions until you're stress free, then go for a bike ride and watch a movie.

Guest Zitro

I feel the easiest wat to cry and let all your emotions out through tears is in bed .. surrounded by darkness ... so when you wake up, you feel the rising sun and feel better.

Guest Avian

Often you create a defence barrier that nulls your emotions, so they can't hurt you as much but can't escape either. You might have to wait until the barrier bursts before you can cry. Sucks, I know - I've been there.

Sometimes, it just takes a little trigger, one little thing said by someone (by no means an insult or hurtful comment of any sort), something that seems to bring it all home. Stay strong in the meantime.

Guest Avian
I feel the easiest wat to cry and let all your emotions out through tears is in bed .. surrounded by darkness ... so when you wake up, you feel the rising sun and feel better.

Man, ive gone through some really tough times in the last 5 years, and through of all that shit that has happened to me (deaths, acne, fights) I have not cried ONCE. And nope, I am not joking, i have not cried. I am only 16 years old now, so you can imagine all the things ive gone through from the age of 11...very tough years, but I have yet to cry.

Why? I have no idea, I hate to cry and anytime im about to, I hold it in because there may be people around me

Well, now I really want to cry to let it all out, and I think thats the reason why Ive been so fucked up this last week, I feel like theres a big ball in me of emotions, and I cant seem to let it out no matter what I do, and its bugging the hell out of me.

Sometimes I sit down and try to cry, and I cant. So I think of something sad, but it doesnt work. I play sad music, and nothing....HOW CAN I MAKE MYSELF CRY?!!?!?

I'm sorry you haven't cried in that long, I cry everyday! I don't think of it as a big thing, and I think that's why it comes so naturally. But if you feel like you need to cry, just do it, who cares if you're around people!

But I do know a good way for you to cry: watch "Fox and the Hound" or "Schindler's List" or "Life is Beautiful" or "Titanic"- movies always get me to cry! And I cried in "My Best Friend's Wedding" the other night, that ending is sad too cry.gif

Or if you want to talk to my step dad, I guarantee he can make you cry! wink.gif

I'm sorry you haven't cried in that long, I cry everyday! I don't think of it as a big thing, and I think that's why it comes so naturally. But if you feel like you need to cry, just do it, who cares if you're around people!

But I do know a good way for you to cry: watch "Fox and the Hound" or "Schindler's List" or "Life is Beautiful" or "Titanic"- movies always get me to cry! And I cried in "My Best Friend's Wedding" the other night, that ending is sad too cry.gif 

Or if you want to talk to my step dad, I guarantee he can make you cry! wink.gif

Fall utterly and wretchedly in love... and then get your heart broken.

Console yourself by dicing onions while watching the movie The Cure.

Then rub tiger balm into your eyes and spray them with mace while contemplating crippled kittens being kicked in the face by Downs-syndrome orphans left by HIV-positive single mothers in crackhouses to feed on each other just to stay alive long enough until Christmas.. even though Santa died from asphyxiation in a particularly narrow chimney so there won't be any presents. It's a cruel, cruel world and there's plenty to cry about.

Guest Avian

Watch The Green Mile, it's famous for making people cry. Thing is, you might be crying for the wrong reason if you cry while watching a film.

I, too, had a very traumatic time growing up and can tell you something about crying -

it's doesn't mean you are wrong, stunted, sick or crazy if you don't cry. People often have a built-in-lag time for responding to traumatic situations - a jet lag of sorts. The reasoning for this is that the brain is smart - it knows if it falls apart during the hard time, it may not be able to piece itself together. It's a matter of survial, a mechanism that allows you to live through these experiences without falling apart.

So it waits, waits until the time and place is safe to let it out. Sometimes, you wait for years. And sometimes, you feel ready and nothing happens. Time is the only thing that eventually lets it loose.

And dealing with trauma isn't all about 'just raging/sobbing for a while' and then WHAM, you're done. Often time grief and rage happens on lots of level - what DID happen, what SHOULD HAVE happened, what DIDN'T happen, etc etc. It's alot like onion - the same issues come up, but it's different parts of it.

I relate. I've done quite a bit of crying in the last few years, but am still working on crying in front of people. I still have problems with being touched when I'm crying. (This is hard for my fiance). I always feel like being touched when I'm crying is too much vunerability, I might break apart, or I might hit someone if they get that close. Emotions are wierd like that.

I hear 'ya. Don't down yourself. And the 'watching the sad movie' is a GREAT suggestion. Alot of times when I feel emotionally 'clogged' (when I KNOW I've got some feelings to release but they just won't surface), I'll pop in a sad flick and WHAMMO. Bonus - you can always blame your crying on the sad movie!

Then rub tiger balm into your eyes and spray them with mace while contemplating crippled kittens being kicked in the face by Downs-syndrome orphans left by HIV-positive single mothers in crackhouses to feed on each other just to stay alive long enough until Christmas.. even though Santa died from asphyxiation in a particularly narrow chimney so there won't be any presents. It's a cruel, cruel world and there's plenty to cry about.