Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
december

Washing only with water on 'tane.

I've noticed that washing only with water makes my face feel 100 times better than with Cetaphil GENTLE cleanser. But the cleanser's supposed to remove built up dirt, oil, and what not.

SOOOOOO, is washing only with water able to cleanse your face thorougly??? Will that remove built up dirt and oil? But oil is nonpolar whereas water is polar. Water by itself cannot attach itself to oil and remove it from the skin, right? Therefore you'd need a soap, right? ....;;;;

I'm confused. Will washing only with water increase the likelihood of a breakout??? BTW I'm still breaking out...like shit.LOL. eusa_dance.gif

BUT my skin feels SOOOOO much better only with water compared to when it's washed with Cetaphil!!! No flakiness when washed only with water, also!!! With cetaphil, my face looks like it's covered with snow. LOL razz.gif

Also, i don't experience the redness of the skin after washing that i usually notice with Cetaphil if i only use water. ??? Any thoughts on why it does that?

Any advice or thoughts are GREATLY appreciated!!

I say that if washing with water makes your skin feel better, do it. Do what you feel your body is best responding to. My clear skinned friends don't wash their faces either, they just shower and that's good enough...unless they're female and wearing makeup.

Mae

I just got off Accutane about 2 weeks ago and still only use water to clean my face...and it seems to be working pretty well. I don't want to use any soap because I'm not sure if it'll have negative effects on my face...so I like to keep it safe.

That's what the other poster said - people can use just water unless they wear makeup. Otherwise, only water won't cut it.

Guest Craigems

i try not to wash my face at all. Only time it gets washed is when it gets shaved. Other than that nope no soaps. nudda.

so when on Tane, I can wash my face only like in the evening or after school to get rid of make up right? And it won't get disgusting by morning because there is no oil right? Nice