Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Shjaker

Mixing peels with acne treatments

Guest Shjaker

I use AcneFree, a product more or less like Proactiv (except it actually work eusa_shifty.gif ). On the product is says "Do not use with other acne medications."

Does this mean I cant do a peel? sad.gif

I was thinking of trying a 20% SA peel... I have uneven skin on my upper cheeks and some forehead (where my active acne was) and on my cheeks.. there are some empty pore scars. Barely anything, but enough to bother me.

Is thr 20% SA peel the right peel for me? I need something not super strong because my scarring and unevenness isnt too too bad. Thanks so much, I appreciate all the help I can get.

I use AcneFree, a product more or less like Proactiv (except it actually work  eusa_shifty.gif ). On the product is says "Do not use with other acne medications."

I was thinking of trying a 20% SA peel... I have uneven skin on my upper cheeks and some forehead (where my active acne was) and on my cheeks.. there are some empty pore scars. Barely anything, but enough to bother me.

Is thr 20% SA peel the right peel for me? I need something not super strong because my scarring and unevenness isnt too too bad. Thanks so much, I appreciate all the help I can get.

I use AcneFree, a product more or less like Proactiv (except it actually work  eusa_shifty.gif ). On the product is says "Do not use with other acne medications."

hey ! oh wow that sounds great about acne free. i dont understand why it works and not proactive. so the peeling stoppoed after a while ?? BP turns my face bright red thats why i dont do it .. blah!

hey ! oh wow that sounds great about acne free. i dont understand why it works and not proactive. so the peeling stoppoed after a while ?? BP turns my face bright red thats why i dont do it .. blah!

Shjaker - I'd advise leaving off BP for a couple of days before and after doing a peel, just to be on the safe side. You don't want to risk causing inflammation to your skin, which will be more sensitive following the peel.

A Salicylic 20% sounds about right to me - see how you get on with it, but don't leave it on for more than 3-4 mins, and wash it off after 30secs if you can feel it burning.

Wonderwoman - it's great to hear of your improvements following your facials. Are you going to maintain this by having facials/extractions every couple of weeks or so? I find these help a lot, also, but unfortunately I don't have the money to splash out so often. sad.gif

Thanks for letting us know how you're getting on, though. smile.gif

Wonderwoman - it's great to hear of your improvements following your facials. Are you going to maintain this by having facials/extractions every couple of weeks or so? I find these help a lot, also, but unfortunately I don't have the money to splash out so often.  sad.gif

Thanks for letting us know how you're getting on, though.  smile.gif