Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
digikitten

A model's accutane log

Wow Paula...you're Looking AWESOME!!!

I went off accutane after 8 weeks of it back in July. It's now September (about 2 months after) and my acne is returning. Got a big one right between my eyebrows and one on my chin. mad.gif

The first month off accutane, I still had flawless skin. So I'm guessing after 2 months the oil returns bit by bit. For me since I was on a very low dose for only 8 weeks, the oil glands didn't really shrink much and I never really experienced the extreme dryness. For people who go on for +6 months it should work a lot better and have less chance of relapse I believe.

After seeing your pictures, I wanna go on a 2nd course of 'tane again!!

Hi digikitten. I dont know if you were asked this already, but how long is your treatment? I got my derm appointment tomorrow at 4p.m. and if the derm doesnt give me accutane i will kick his face into the ground. You're stunning by the way. And to add another person to your list of"look-alikes: you resemble my favorite model named Jessica Stam especially with your natural? red hair. http://www.modelresource.ca/Bios/Stam/1.jpg

3 months after Accutane

hey everyone! Wow, it's been a long time!

Well, I think it's been about 3 months since I stopped taking me 80mg of tane daily, and I'm happy to report that I'm still acne free.

Granted, my skin's a liiiiittle bit more bumpy than it was while on the treatment, but you can't SEE any bumps. I can feel some bumps that feel like dry skin a little when I touch my left cheek, though.

I had ONE pimple in the past 6 months or so, that was the tiniest little yellow dot and went away in a day or so, no creams, no nothing. Sometimes I even fall asleep with my makeup on, and don't break out, which was a huge no-no before 'tane.

The hair can still go unwashed for several days without a sign of oil, but every once in a while, my skin will get very slightly shiny. nothing out of the ordinary, it just means my skin restored the natural oils that accutane took away.

Life in general is good. I moved into my own place in Brooklyn, NY... met several people, totally have a reciprocated crush on someone, started a new job... it's been good.

Here are some recent pics, ranging from 1 to 3 months after accutane.

Good luck everyone!

IPB Image

About a month after stopping.

IPB Image

2 months.

IPB Image

Untouched close-up, 2 months.

IPB Image

2 days ago :)

People... fight WITH TEETH for Accutane. It's the best thing EVER!!!!

Guest Poker-Butt

beautiful...im so happy for u...i want accutane!! :( ..but anyway, im glad ur ordeal with acne is over....good for u!...i wish i could go w/o makeup one day ...anyway, im sooooooooooo happy for u!! :)

DigiKitten-

Hey, just wanted to congratulate you on your amazing results!!! *points to myself* JEALOUS!!!! lol, I think your skin looks outstanding. (and the blonde hair, too)

Anyway- I just wanted to know if you've experienced any side effects (besides dry everything and thin skin?) Did you notice hair loss of any kind or anything??

And this is a random question, but what color lipgloss are you wearing in your very first picture (on your first post to this log?) It's so pretty and we have a similar skin color, so I think I'd like it on me. Thanks for the help, and congrats on EVERYTHING!!! I hope to start Accutane sometime soon because my acne is quickly killing me from the outside in.

That's it, I'm converted. I have now resolved that I will strut into my derm's office--with or without appointment--demand Accutane, and if that sniveling puke denies me, I will promptly karate chop his esophagus, steal his precious blue book of scripts, and write my own goddamn prescription. Thank you, all, for encouraging my violent tendencies.

Good Day.

It's not that I encourage violence or anything- but Tominator, I want you to strap a video camera to your forehead while you go on your derm rampage, so I get a first hand account of what it would be like to do that. Because, you see, I want accutane too- and have been denied 3 times... so Motherbitch of a Dermatologist- either give me accutane or you are getting a karate chop, too...

Tominator- That was funny, by the way- I needed a laugh because I had a really bad day.. Just wanted to let u know that... and Im not trying to hijack digikittens thread by posting any of this... Just thought it was funny!

Okay, so to keep this relevant to Digikitten's thread, I will make a groundbreaking and completely novel observation: she is hot.

Anyhoo, FrankieB, I am all for patient-doctor fisticuffs, so if your doc doesn't give you what you want, I advise a swift front kick to the abdomen, or if you're feeling devilish, use surrounding furniture (don a pair of latex gloves if you wish to prevent fingerprints).

I used to hate the whole "don't worry, be happy" approach--and still do--but, seriously, it's fun to look in the mirror, point and laugh at yourself. Just to get it out of your system. I only wish I could enter my acne into death matches with other people's acne. He (yes, my acne is male, I've decided this) would kick every other acne vulgaris' ass in this thread. He may not be big or particularly scary looking, but my acne's got heart, man. He's persistent as hell, and as much as I hate the fucker, the dude's earned my respect. I'm glad I could lighten up your day; however, it should be noted that I am not entirely sane.

You look great! It seems as though you didn't have a bad break out whilst on tane, doesn't look like your likely to get one now an either?

I read of so many people going on tane and breaking out like mad to begin with.....why is this?

Yo digikitten, Im actually on accutane right now....It really has been helping........But uh, I still have red marks and just not the skin i want....yet. I wanted to ask you after awhile on accutane the red marks and well i guess the look of like inflamation started to also go away?...

BoNESSA

Aww Congrats! I've been on Accutane (well Amnesteem - but, same difference) for about a month now and I hope I get results like you. I remember this was the first log I read here on Acne.Org because I saw model and I wanna be a model too. haha

jesus , can u guys believe it, i was on the FIRST time on 60mg/day just last night, and TODAY i got A LOT of whiteheads on my face and back already, i just recently found out i got a fucking whitehead on my right ARM, wtf i never had it there, is this shit working too fast for me, is it good or bad ???

Your lips...I assume you give great Blow jobs???

Must come in handy huh?

I'm assuming yo haven't received a whole lot of blowjobs in your life.

Otherwise you would know the size of a girl's lips really don't make a difference.

But if it satisfies your curiosity...

yes, I do indeed give THE most fantastic blowjobs, thank you very much.

Guest anonymous

I've seen your pictures and I have to say, you look really beautiful. Like wow... And congrats with the clear skin, looks like you don't have to worry about acne anymore.

Oh and yeah, you do have great hair. Any tips and stuff? Lols.

hey digikitten congratz on your success wit accutane...my question to you is reagrding those joint/bone aches you were experiencing earlier in your treatment...did they subside? and after how long? use anything inparticular to help deal with the issue? u play any sports/gym etc?

im like a month into treatment and recently my right knee has been aching really badly like right on/in the bone..it is really painful and disabling..cant really run on it without feeling pain...just want to know if this is temporary thing or should i expect pains to pop up throughout the entire course of treatment..man i hope not

thanks and enjoy your beautiful skin :)

yes, I do indeed give THE most fantastic blowjobs, thank you very much.

Really?!?!? Ill be the judge of that. ;)

Ah, teenagers--ya gotta luv 'em.

Head up, Steve-O, there's a girl out there for you somewhere.