Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Donna

Accutane & vitamins?

Hiya. I've seen a few reccomendations for use of vitamins on here and just wondered if anyone knows if its still ok to take these vitamins while on accutane?

Thanks

dont take any vit's with accutane, just drink shit loads of water and try not to squeeze any spots since your skin will scar very easily (I found this out the hard way!).

its evil stuff, if it makes you break out really badly (as it did me) stop taking it immediatly! I wish I did. I also wish I had heard of n-lite b4 I started on Accutane.

The dry skin and lips was also a pain, I hate the stuff!

--CS.

Yes, do supplement with vitamins -but make sure they do not contain any Vit A - since Accutane is Vit A derivative. Go to your health store and ask for a good multi vit with no Vit A.

Thanks you guys. I have actually been on it before but didn't finish the course so I started breaking out again after a while. At that time I was on quite a high dose (compaired to what I'm on now) and I had really dry lips, dry eyes and the odd nose bleed. But to be honest, I didn't care. It was a small price to pay for clear skin. Tamara, thanks for the advice about not picking, thats a good point. Also, why do you say to drink lots of water? I pretty much already do, but just wondered why in relation to Accutane?