Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattN

Origins spot remover.. pure 1% SA harmful?

I've been using this origins spots remover thing every once in awhile. The active ingrediants on the little bottle are 1% SA, and nothing else.

In hours I notice significant shrinkage of almost any acne I put it on. I've put it on things that I saw coming up before sleeping and they are gone when I wake up. Overall very good, although very drying and not cost effective to just use on the whole face. (tiny bottle)

EDIT: I don't really mean pure SA as in PURE SA, but like thats all thats in it. Just SA and whatever they diluted it with. No other ingrediants in the thing at all.

if its 1 percent SA, then that means its highly diluted, its not pure...unless Im missing something here?

it's most likely SA mixed with some kind of oil, since you can't dilute it with water...or is it the other way around and it's mixed with water because you can't dilute it with oil...

LOL i read somewhere that AHAs are water-soluble and BHAs are oil-soluble or something.

Don't kill if I'm wrong.

I've been using this origins spots remover thing every once in awhile.  The active ingrediants on the little bottle are 1% SA, and nothing else. 

In hours I notice significant shrinkage of almost any acne I put it on.  I've put it on things that I saw coming up before sleeping and they are gone when I wake up.  Overall very good, although very drying and not cost effective to just use on the whole face.  (tiny bottle)

I was wondering though, this is either pure SA or very close to pure SA, so can that be harmful in any way?

I didn't really mean to say "pure" SA, I meant more like thats the only ingrediant. (at least that I can find on the bottle)

Na I didn't use it with BP. I'm not sure what putting BP over SA would do. I've never heard of anyone doing it before, although I have heard of people using other things similar to SA (AHA and such) with bp on top with okay results. (IE the alpha hydrox thing on the main site now) I normally don't even use spot treatments because I want to stop acne completely, not heal it once it's appeared.

it's most likely SA mixed with some kind of oil, since you can't dilute it with water...or is it the other way around and it's mixed with water because you can't dilute it with oil...