Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all, I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and I feel allllll of your pain. I was an acne sufferer starting in 9th grade for about 3 devestating years. I was ashamed of myself, I couldn't stop looking in the mirror and to top it all off my father constantly called me fat and hideous. I went to a dermatologist and after a few tries, we finally got a combination that worked. I Wanted to share it with you as well we a few photos of what I was, and what I am now. Enjoy!

user posted image

This picture was takenin 10th grade, as you can see I have some cysts especially the one on my nose. Holy crap.

user posted image

Here is another one to show how you can see my horrible acne even from a distance. sad.gif

So here are the after photos, they show what I look like now after clearing up thanks to my dermatologists perscription, but, I suspect it is even more thanks to the change in my diet. This seems to be very important in clearing skin, it's different for everyone but if you see that what you're trying isn't working, even if you're not fat like I was, maybe a change in diet might help.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This one so you can see how my skin is no longer zitty, it is a little red due to the amount of drinking I did before this was taken haha.

The prescrption the doctor put me on is:

Tazorac Gel

Finevin Cream

Amoxicillin pills

Nicomide Vitamins

I hope this helped!

Guest OnlyJoe

if you said you got clear by BP gel you could have got some free tubes off Dan in exchange for the before and after photos... too late now eusa_whistle.gif

if you said you got clear by BP gel you could have got some free tubes off Dan in exchange for the before and after photos... too late now  eusa_whistle.gif

I'm happy for you Seiya! It's always good to hear success stories. biggrin.gif

Also you seemed pretty happy even when you had acne which is good. Shows that you didn't let it affect your life that much.

that is just great. I mean it.

We need more good endings here.

This one example will give a lot of hope to others.. well done!!!

Byz

Guest Keeley

^^^

typical rolleyes.gif

Ashley stop flirting with all the acne.org members lol! eusa_naughty.gif

Guest Amy Lee

Your skin is so great, completely free of acne! eusa_clap.gif Another success story to give hope to others!

nice one man..looking good

so how many years did u have acne for?

i'm guessing with a lot of males who get acne in their teens tend to grow out of it in around 3-4yrs...well at least i hope eusa_pray.gif

Guest Shjaker

Wow Seiya biggrin.gif I am so happy for you!! You look so wonderful! That is the perfect transformation eusa_angel.gif

You should be feeling really great about yourself, you deserve it.

I hope you stick around to root on the rest of us -cough-ME sad.gif

I'd say Im about 12 months away from the after version of you. x_x

To respond to the age question I'm 19 years old, and back when I Was 17 i posted some differenty before/after pictures in the old gallery. But it wasnt any of these.

Hey all, I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and I feel allllll of your pain. I was an acne sufferer starting in 9th grade for about 3 devestating years. I was ashamed of myself, I couldn't stop looking in the mirror and to top it all off my father constantly called me fat and hideous. I went to a dermatologist and after a few tries, we finally got a combination that worked. I Wanted to share it with you as well we a few photos of what I was, and what I am now. Enjoy!

user posted image

This picture was takenin 10th grade, as you can see I have some cysts especially the one on my nose. Holy crap.

user posted image

Here is another one to show how you can see my horrible acne even from a distance.  sad.gif

So here are the after photos, they show what I look like now after clearing up thanks to my dermatologists perscription, but, I suspect it is even more thanks to the change in my diet. This seems to be very important in clearing skin, it's different for everyone but if you see that what you're trying isn't working, even if you're not fat like I was, maybe a change in diet might help.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This one so you can see how my skin is no longer zitty, it is a little red due to the amount of drinking I did before this was taken haha.

The prescrption the doctor put me on is:

Tazorac Gel

Finevin Cream

Amoxicillin pills

Nicomide Vitamins

I hope this helped!

Hey all, thanks for your great comments. The forum has been a great source of support to me even after I was clearing!

To answer your diet question, it is easy. NO CHOCOLATE and minimal grease. Grease meaning things like mozzerella sticks, greasy fries etc...

Also, no soda. Drink water, just drink water and I guarantee you'll be surprised with what happens to your body. Not only will you start to look better, you'll feel better and start to glow, water replenishes and totally cleanses you.

I know that things like no chocolate and no soda may be hard for some people (i was never a big soda drinker in the first place) but trust me, if for nothing more than my success, I have been through it and I really think it can work for anyone.

THanks!

Hey all, thanks for your great comments. The forum has been a great source of support to me even after I was clearing!

To answer your diet question, it is easy. NO CHOCOLATE and minimal grease. Grease meaning things like mozzerella sticks, greasy fries etc...

Also, no soda. Drink water, just drink water and I guarantee you'll be surprised with what happens to your body. Not only will you start to look better, you'll feel better and start to glow, water replenishes and totally cleanses you.

I know that things like no chocolate and no soda may be hard for some people (i was never a big soda drinker in the first place) but trust me, if for nothing more than my success, I have been through it and I really think it can work for anyone.

THanks!

Wow! shock.gif You look like you never even had acne!! eusa_clap.gif That's awesome! I envy you. biggrin.gif Even when I'm clear, I'll always have these scars...

why are there days when you look more crappy than usual?? somedays, the scars don't look too bad, and then the next, you look like....the moon?

Guest Shjaker
somedays, the scars don't look too bad, and then the next, you look like....the moon?

The tazorac didn't cause any 'breakouts' per se, but it brought up the 'zits in waiting' to the surface to eliminate them sooner. So I did have a few more than usual for about a week, but they got killed pretty fast. The trick with the tazorac, and i suspect other medications, is that LESS IS MORE! You can't pile on the stuff and expect it to work, think of it like drain cleaner, if you pour to much it backs up and doesn't get anything done. The tazorac will work if you don't pile it on, but apply a thin layer. My dermatologist gave me a very clear description of how i should do it. Just apply small (pea sized maybe less) dots in these 9 places. 3 across your forehead, 3 across the middle (left cheek, nose, richt cheek) and 3 across the bottom (left jaw, chin, right jaw). But NO MORE THAN THIS! I can't stress that enough, using to much of this stuff will leave you with more breakouts and a lot of redness.

I hope this helps people!

Guest Shjaker

I thought I was the only canadian! biggrin.gif I'm from the maritimes.