Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bookcase

Smoothbeam better than accutane

Hi,

Has anyone tried smoothbeam laser treatment? It is supposed to be as good as accutane without the side effects. I am going to get it done soon..anybody heard any good news about it?

Depends on your skin type. If you're of Asian, Latino, or African heritage, Smoothbeam may not work for you. Everyone's skin is different. There are those who breakout once and become afflicted with scarring. There are others who always seem to have blemishes, but have no scars.

For the most part, I fall in the latter category. I'm a 31-year-old male and I've battled acne since the age of fifteen. Fortunately, I have no scarring from the lesions on my temples and have three or four shallow scars in my T-Zone. Unfortunately, I have alot of unevenness that I hope to redress when I get the Smoothbeam treatment (my first course is this Friday).

I think alot of hesitation about Smoothbeam and other lasers stems from the negative posts on this board. Unfortunately, anger and frustration pique one to broadcast their views on this site. I know when I feel that way, that's when I tend to access it. When things go well, I believe many tend to move on. There are many, many users who post ad nauseum, but once their treatments end, they're never heard from again.

I know I'll keep everyone posted on how my treatment goes.

I would suggest against it simply because no one knows much about lasers. In some other boards ppl post that lasers cause fat loss in the face which leads to a sunked look.

Right now, the only laser linked to fat loss is Thermage. Smoothbeam, IPL, Fraxel, and V-Beam, for example, have not been linked to loss of adipose tissue.

Right now, the only laser linked to fat loss is Thermage. Smoothbeam, IPL, Fraxel, and V-Beam, for example, have not been linked to loss of adipose tissue.