Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Right, ive been off of accutane about 3 months now.

In some places i have red marks, some darker than others, and in other places i have more purple-ly marks.

When i look in the mirror, some of the darker red marks look like indents, but when im in a ligher more natural light they dont seem to be as bad.

But when im in slightly duller or directly under a room light, they seem to be indented again.

But heres some pics, not too good taken with a camera phone, with differnt angles and ul be able to notice the lighting aswel.

Where you may see indents thats where the darker patches are, but in some pic's my skin jst seems red.

post-13320-1110231383_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231416_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231466_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231525_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231549_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231583_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231619_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231650_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231693_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231728_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231807_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231383_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231416_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231466_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231525_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231549_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231583_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231619_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231650_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231693_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231728_thumb.jpg

post-13320-1110231807_thumb.jpg

these are all the same side.

when i look in the mirror the idented looking dark patches i dont see as indented as much as they are, so jst wondering if it was the light

Has your derm recommended anything for after the acne treatment? I just did a 25% TCA peel for large pores and fine lines, among others. I also have what are called "icepick" holes, but they are small (and almost gone now due to the peel).

I haven't looked at your age, but do you think this is something you would be interested in? If so, let me know. Like I said, I just did my first one and I had a lot of help from some of the other members on here about how to apply and what to expect.

I wish you the best of luck!

Charlotte

not being edgy or nothing, but you have told me what prodedure your going though, and have not commented on any of the pictures.

I want to know, if they are shallow indents or not, as you can see from the pics, in some pictures there just redmarks, and in the shadowy pics there indent looking, but is this due to shadows.

I do not have any acne, apart from one pimple which u can see.

Just wanted some more opinions. And i guess from the amount of replys, people are thinking these arent scars, cos if they were certain they would be the first to jump in and tell me they are.

I have done my best to show the all round picture of my skin on the worst side, so please could you give me your comments

How could you not know if you have indentations or not? Grab yourself a hand help mirror and go in the sun... This should reveal if they are indents or not.

i havent gone in the sun with a hand mirror, but ive told the light out so its pitch black, and got a torch and directly shone the torch up close of the problem areas and everthing looked ok,

would that show them up?

i havent gone in the sun with a hand mirror, but ive told the light out so its pitch black, and got a torch and directly shone the torch up close of the problem areas and everthing looked ok,

would that show them up?

From what I am seeing in the pictures they are for sure indented acne scars. I dont know how long its been since your outbreak that caused the scars, but they may improve (redness and depth) over a six month course after intitial scarring. My acne scars were way deeper, redder, and more noticable right after the initial scarring and then improved quite a bit after about six months. I did however begin treatment as soon as I noticed the scarring; I applying retinoid products directly into each scar. I still do the same thing but the improvements have slowed and I am now looking into other treatments. Hope this helps you out and sorry for what you are going through.

Don't worry about it so much man... How many people are gonna see you in the dark with torch close to your face? ... So what you have flaw, but we all do. It's ok to want to improve them along the way but don't beat yourself up over them smile.gif

Yeah, they are indents. Infact I have very similar ones on the side of my cheeks too (from a recent breakout). Sucks, I know.... cry.gif

I am sorry , you have indented scars..it is obvious.

Lighting has a huge effect on the way Indented scars look, good or bad.

Unfortunately, they are still there... sad.gif

IMO you look like a good candidate for dermabrasion...

I am considering it myself.

but when i look in the mirror, i still do not see the indent look as what isee from some of them pictures.

How bad are they?

So the pictures that are dead close up, how comes they dont look indented?

Don't worry about it so much man... How many people are gonna see you in the dark with torch close to your face? .

LMAO Too friggin funny. I always carry a torch around with me, doesnt everyone. lol.gif

If you read properly, under a torch in the dark my skin looks normal, no indents or nothing.

I think that if you do not see scars when you look in the mirror then don't worry about it. Like you said yourself, pictures dont depict the true image. Therefore you and those that see you close up are the most qualified to tell you the true appearance of your scars. People here can only only give advise based upon what you tell them and what your photos depict. you shouldn't have to ask people here if you have indented scars; if you look in the mirror and you see skin that looks sunken in from adjoining skin than you have indented scarring; if you look in the mirror and you see a as smooth flat surface with maybe some color variations than you probably dont have scars. It only matters what you see not what others tell you to see.

also, where isit you see the indent scars, if anyone could circle them out for me please.

thanks.

one more thing...

In some of the pictures, where it looks indented, where theres a red mark, there are a couple that looked indented, but im 80% sure that there not scared and its just the redness and lighting.

Well if it is scarring at least its not severe. And a suitable treatment would sort it out.

today i was lookin in the mirror in  daylight and i seen almost smooth skin,

daylight shows up scarring, worse in daylight right?

" to the poster, who posted about taking pics with cell ph"

That happens to me too, when i take a pic with my cell ph my dents look so bad. but i dont see them like that. this sucks .

no not denial at all mate,

YES iam WORRIED, that i MIGHT have scars.

AT the moment im more CONFUSED, if anything.

I have taken LOADS of pictures, ones i take in POOR light, look the worst, I have also taken pictures in the dark with a torch up close on my skin, did i see scars NO.

When i take certain pictures i can see scars, in others i dont.

see why im confused?

This is why im askin so many questions, to get a clearer picture.

The indents you see, are the darker red patches, which where taken with a mobile phone camera, which we all know arent good quality.

Im just trying to give people my account of what i see, to give more of a bigger picture.