Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does vitamin A have an initial breakout? Because..m face was looking damn near perfect before i went on it..and then all of a sudden things started going bad again about 3 days after i started using it...Im taking 16000IU a day....Is there such a thing as this intial break out? And is taking vitamin A really worth it?..*sigh*

Well, i highly doubt it since your on such a low dose of only 1,600 a day. You can take high doses of vitamin A and you could possibly get a similar response just like accutane. You could start with like 10,000 iu a day and go up from there. Doses especially over 30,000 can be highly toxic to your body. So keep in mind about the dangers of high vitamin a intake. I actually prefer beta carotene cuz your body will convert it into vitamin a, but only convert as much as it needs so it's pretty hard to get an overdose with beta carotene. I actually was taking about 200,000 iu of carotene a day a while back. But soon after I went on some other gay ass regimen, which I really should of stuck to the supplementation thing. Vitamin A helps the skin shed off excess skin cells efficiently. It is important for the maintenance and repair of the skin. And is necessary for new cell growth. So yeah, it's important to be taking it.

-Shawn-

sorry..i actuall meant 16000IU...i typed it wrong! fixed it now..Thank you..anyone else experience the intial break out with dosage like this?

Well, at 16,000 then yeah, you could of possibly experience an intial breakout. Like i said, if you take higher doses of vitamin a it sort of has a similar affect like accutane. It's somewhat similar but nothing like accutane. So you taking straight vitamin a? You could actually take 16,000 of vitamin a then add a little carotene, say like 5,000 or something? Just experiment

-Shawn-

have you ever tried B5 with vitamin A? ALso i have no idea if b-50 complex is the same thing as B-5 either lol...But thanks for the tips...:) How did going on 200000IU work for you? Did it really clear up quick?

b-50 means your just taking 50 mg of basically all the different b vitamins. B 5 is pantothenic acid, so it's ONE of the 12 b vitamins. (i'm pretty sure there are 12) I just take a b complex-100 now. So it's about 100 mg of most of the b vitamins.

Well, like I said before, I stopped with the supplementation cuz I went on another stupid facial cleansing regimen and whatever.....all to no success. Who knows though, if I would of continued on the supplemenation at the time I might be clear. I'll never know, but i'm coo with that cuz I do know that i'll be completely clear pretty soon cuz of accutane. I guess I gotta get going to a family thing now though for easter, laters

-Shawn-

anyone else have an experience with this? Sometimes i have the feeling to just down the whole damn bottle..im sick of my face...ive had a girlfriend for almost 2 years, and well...I just think she deserves better? I dont even have bad acne either...i mean..compared to other cases ive seen this is absoultely nothing..but..it still depresses me quite much...so if anyone has any tips regarding vitamin A please share!

Hi. I am currently taking about 20,000 i.u. of vitamin A, 2500 of it in a cod liver oil pill, the rest in Herpanacine, which is beta carotene. I have been taking it since end of October.

Here is what happened to me - I went to Bastyr Clinic, naturopathic school/clinic in Seattle, Washignton. The doctor gave me a homeopathic medicine, one time only, for my character type after talking and getting info, looking at me, for 2 hours. She said I would probably have an "aggravation" which I did, horrible. Then it started clearing up on one side of my face, then the other. For 2 weeks after the homeopathic pill, I was so depressed but then I saw one side slowly clear, then the other.

I was also told to take cod liver oil and then I took that with beta carotene. I was told the cod liver oil is really good for acne, so decided to use both.

My acne has cleared. All I have left is little red marks, most of which are slowly going away. It is 5 months since December when it started clearing and I rarely have a pimple, maybe one-two around that time of the month, but no acne. I know the Vitamin A has helped my oil production stay down, I was an oil-well before, but no bad drying. I use a mild cleanser, all natural.

As to Accutane, well, I am so grateful I did not go that route. Many people have to take it again, and the long-term damage plus side effects has to me, been so much more chancey than doing it the natural way.

I hope that helps you. I believe the homeopathic, lots of distilled water, and the Vitamin A has helped me alot. I also take a liver cleansing herb called TAPS and a zinc pill that has 3 zincs with copper to make sure which works on your skin. Just don't go over 25-30 i.u. of the A please, even the naturopath said that. I am still taking the A.

Karen