Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
komodo

klaron and microgel

yo i went to the derm today and she prescibed me klaron lotion and metrogel (what is that). anyways she didnt give me any directions on how and when to use them....any advice would be welcomed eusa_whistle.gif

I use klaron, I just smear it on my face twice a day after washing. It seems pretty gentle, doesnt dry my skin too much, so it shouldnt be much of a worry. However, my skin gets worse and better so I have no idea if its actually helping any.

As for the other...I have no idea that that is.

just as a follow up to my original post....most of you guys know what klaron is and what it does, but in case u dont know what metrogel is, the description on its site says -

MetroGel®  MetroGel® topical gel treatment provides important steps in your skin care regimen. This water-based, special greaseless formula, designed for normal to oily skin, assists in the reduction of inflammatory lesions and redness associated with all levels of rosacea. MetroGel® is non-comedogenic and therefore soothing and non-irritating for the skin. A thin layer, applied to the entire affected areas after washing, is highly recommended for optimal benefits.

METROGEL Topical Gel contains metronidazole, USP, at a concentration of 7.5 mg per gram (0.75%) in a gel consisting of purified water, methylparaben, propylparaben, propylene glycol, carbomer 940, sodium hydroxide, and edetate disodium. Metronidazole is classified therapeutically as an antiprotozoal and anti-bacterial agent.

the thing that confuses me is that they both say use twice a day, so shud i use one after the other or something?