Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stephanie1011

FOR ALL DARK SKINNED WOMEN

does mineral makeup actually cover scars on african american people. My skin tone resembles brandy or what is the best makeup coverage for african american skin

does mineral makeup actually cover scars on african american people. My skin tone resembles brandy or what is the best makeup coverage for african american skin

Bare Escentuals worked once I put on one or two additional layers, especially if I used their concealer brush first.

But alas, the tone didn't match well to my complexion. Even when I mixed, I still arrived at a very unnatural tone. They sent me two colors; one too dark (ashy) for me, one too light.

I will be trying Deepest beauty liquid minerals (pls read the thread) before the week runs out. If I get good coverage and skin tone match as easily as some of the other ladies do, I'll be sure and let you know!!

I've used Neutrogena in the past and it's seems to work well with my skin, although I'm probably not as dark as you. So I'd suggest it for lighter hispanic girls, spanish girls, or native american girls.

I'm half spanish and half Taino Indian so I have very yellow looking skin. Almost like honey, so it's hard for me to find a good concealer too.

I've recently bought Neutrogen True Match but I think it's a too dark since I still have my winter skin color. I'll need to go lighter.

L'ancome has a very natural finish and it blends in soooo well but it's about $40 bucks for a bottle of concealer so I had to give it up. Too much money.

Here's a link to my pic for skin tone if you're curious

i am not african...i have indian skin tone.. i use benefit cosmetics and i have noticed that they have a good range of darker tones in both their foundations and concealors..it works wonders for me smile.gif

I'm African American and I have tried several types of makeup, bare minerals did not break me out but I tried to mix colors and still not the right skintone. It was very unnatural, it gave me a reddish tone, which did not help my acne look any better.

I'm African American and I have tried several types of makeup, bare minerals did not break me out but I tried to mix colors and still not the right skintone.  It was very unnatural, it gave me a reddish tone, which did not help my acne look any better.

if you want to use mineral makeup, there are lots of brands that have good collection for dark skin women, such as monave.com or jlynnecosmetics.com