accutane-hair question

hey people!

ive been on accutane for about four weeks now and

i was just wondering if i should start cutting back

on washing my hair? For people that have used

accutane before how often did u wash your hair

while you were on it?

And also can i still blowdry and straighten it or is

that causing too much damage to it? please help!

Have you noticed any changes with your hair that would lead you to believe that cutting back on washing it would be a good idea?

Recently, my hair has become pretty dry. I think it has a lot to do with a previous bad dye job finally growing out and isn’t related to Accutane at all. What I am using is Matrix’ Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner along with, the best thing in the world, BioSilk Silk Therapy Oil.

I rarely blow-dry or straighten my hair because it’s over halfway down my back and all that heat is incredibly damaging. I shower at night and set my hair in banana clips until the morning. You might want to try this out.

No matter what, however, pick up BioSilk.

Thanks for that tip!

Ill try that out...

its not that i notice more damage..

its just i want to prevent the damage before

it happens...because i dont want to be one of

the unlucky ones who looses hair over this....

ill take your advice tho!

its much appreciated!! biggrin.gif

My hair is long too (almost half way down my back) and I only wash it 2-3x a week. I aim for 2, but it can get tricky with going to the gym and sweating and such! I have dry hair to begin with though. I use a 2-in-1 (Dove Intense Moisture) as my shampoo, followed by another conditioner!! My hair has previous damage from my own stupidity with my flat iron last year, so I'm in the process of growing it ALL out, no more colouring, nothing. Daunting task. But my hair is pretty trashed...

If you notice your hair starting to feel a bit drier, adjust your routine. But if you're fine right now, then you're fine... just stay attentive smile.gif

Using a serum like Arpazia suggested is also a good idea, I use Super Skinny by Paul Mitchell and I love it.. I've used Biosilk before and it's good too, just be careful you don't overdo it because the alcohol content in that one is really high!

Mae

I have really long hair and wash it daily. My hair started dryinig out within days, so I switched to Head and Shoulders (since I was getting dandrufff) and use a leave in conditioner a few times a week. My hair is back to normal.