Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IWillBeatThis

Getting better...

I am happy to report that my face seems to be coming around. By no means does it look great, but I can honestly say that it is getting better. I am 20 years old now and perhaps a lot of the healing may be attriubuted to my age. However, I felt it necessary to share with you guys what I do, with the hopes that it might work for some of you guys as well.

I wash my face every morning and night with triaz, which is a bp cleanser that is by presciption only. After I wash, I moisturize with cetaphil lotion as recommended by a dermatologist. When it is sunny outside I use neutogena, oil-free, sunblock lotion spf 30. At night I use copper peptides on my entire face and have started using "new skin" on my scars. I know this sounds like a lot. But if you break it up throughout the day, it really isn't that much work.

I play college basketball so I work out on a regular basis. Also, I do my very best to watch what I eat. I have a high protein diet with a large amount of water intake.

I still have acne scars. However, they, along with the rest of my face, seem to be getting better. By no means do I think this process will work for everyone. I just think its important to help each other out as much as we can. I am planning on getting smoothbeam done this summer in hopes that it will raise some of my shallow scarring. If anyone knows of a good doctor who does this procedure in the northeast, preferably the Pennsylvania-New Jersey area, I would appreciate any information on them.

Keep fighting. Believe in yourself and believe things are going to get better.

In Christ,

Mark