Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rancid777

fruit! bananas?!

I am curious to know myself. I love bananas and other fruits, I am not much of a vegetable eater. But I hear they are not so good due to the sugar.

i think this talk is crazy. bananas specifically can't be bad?

fruit is gonna do more good then bad to your body?

nuff said

In general fruits will benefit you more than they could upset your face lets put it that way but in Banana's case specifically.. they break me out i find so thats only fruit i avoid.

Eat as much fruit and Veg as you can and drink plenty of water. Eight glasses a day!

Fruit does contain sugar, a natural sugar called fructose which is used in your body by cells for energy. I don't think it causes acne.

I've found eating carrots and tomatoes have helped calm my acne a little bit in the past, especially on my chest and back. Carrots are full of Vitamin A which helps with the maintanance of the skin, teeth and bones. Tomatoes and carrots also both contain powrful antioxidants which help reduce the risk of cancer.

this could epxlain it! i was getting clear and recently started eating tons of bananas, and i broke out pretty bad. im on the regimen and it was unusual for me to breakout like that. im gonna avoid these now! lol. im pleased someone else gets a breakout from eating them, its the only logical connection i can make! i'lls top n see what happens.

thankyou! its good to hear this is likely to be the cause, i was at my wits end! im eating a lot of oranges n drinkign a lot of orange juice, is that bad?

You guys are crazy as hell....They're fruits. They're not going to make you break out..They're mainly sugar, carbs and water.

What I love is when somene new comes to the board and voices their opinons about something without ever bothering to check the facts. We've all once been newbies, coming to the boards because we are either looking for help and/or hoping to help others yet, why do some people feel as if they know everything.

If they knew everything about how to solve their's, or everyone's, acne you would think they would not be here. Unless of course they are here to help, in which case they usually provide helpful suggestions instead of bashing things they know nothing of.

I will admit, I do not know everything but I try to be as openminded about various treatments on this board, some of which I know more about than others. If it works for one person, then that one person deserves a little more respect and good wishes, than what some members are currently giving. I don't understand where this need to put down others successes because one doesn't understand HOW it could work stems from, but I would think that we could all learn to be happy for one another none the less.

I think it was already said but bananas that aren't ripe and green have a good GL level.

I may be wrong but an allergy breakout isn't the same as acne. AN allergy doesn't cause excess sebum, abnormal keratinization, etc... It will cause an inflammatory repsonse and somethign that resembles acne but it's not the same. You can't treat and allergic reaction the same way you would acne with SA, BP, etc.. you just avoid the item that caused the allergy. If anything it would only be in some contact allergy cases and even then the pimples will be associated with Eczema(First the Eczema and then acne forms from that). A fluid filled lesion from an allergy redface.gif is different than acne.

in my book called "the acne prescription" it says not to eat bananas, but it says all other fruits are ok. also, it says not to eat dried fruit. don't ask me why though.

There's a good rule to follow, if something tastes good, then it must be bad for your body:) Bananas happen to be one of the good tasting fruit, so no, you can't have it. Nature is cruel like that.

There's a good rule to follow, if something tastes good, then it must be bad for your body:) Bananas happen to be one of the good tasting fruit,  so no, you can't have it. Nature is cruel like that.

Fruits and vegatables high in vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, C AND E are good for the skin. The best foods to eat are:

A- Apricots, mango, melon (cantaloup), nectarine, orange, peach, tangerine, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, kale, lettuce, spinach, watercress, parsley, sweet potato.

B2- Cherry, apricot, blackcurrant, kiwi fruit, peach, beansprouts, broccoli, parsley, red peppers, spinach, watercress.

B5- Watermelon, blackberry, lemon, raspberry, strawberry, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, sweet potato, broad beans, chick peas.

B6- Banana, blackcurrant, raspberry, watermelon, brussels sprout, leek, green pepper, sweet potato, avocado, chick peas.

C- Blackcurrant, blackberry, gooseberry, grapefruit, guava, kiwi fruit, lemon, lime, mango, melon, orange, papaya, pineapple, raspberry, strawberry, tangerine, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, fennel, parsley, green peppers, watercress, tomatoes, potatoes, chilies.

E- Grape, blackberry, blackcurrant, gooseberry, grapefruit, greengage, plum, raspberry, avocado, sweet potato, Brussels sprout, cabbage, carrot, celery, leek, lettuce, parsnip, green pepper, spinach, tomato, watercress. Also found in soyabeans, tofu, vegetable oils, nuts and seeds.

There's a good rule to follow, if something tastes good, then it must be bad for your body:) Bananas happen to be one of the good tasting fruit, so no, you can't have it. Nature is cruel like that

OMG, you guys are so specific as to what to eat and what not to eat. lol I mean, yeah i believe that food does have some effect on your acne but not as much as you guys make it out to be. I did try to "eat healthy" and all that and it didn't have much difference at all! NOw i eat whatever i want and my face is looking better. I think it's more about stress than what you eat or don't eat and being so particular about your foods is just causing more stress IMO.

I haven't gotten a single zit in 4 months (accutane) and a few days ago I started to eat PB & banana sandwhiches every day after school, now I have 6 zits (not that much, but still, I haven't had a single zit in 4 months)! WTF mate!