Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harper

? about Super-C serum or Cellex-C formula - skin biology

Everyone,

I am new posting but have been reading and observing for about six months. I have learned a lot and from some of the posts have seen improvement. I work in a cut throat enviroment and I feel my teen acne scars have some factor in my inability to move up.

I have look at numerous posts and read articles. From this research I have narrowed it down to two products. skinbiology.com Super-C serum or Cellex-C formula. My scars are the "pencil eraser" type on the temples and real slight scarring on cheeks. I currently am doing a round of glycolic acid peels. If Maya or others have an opinion on those two products please respond.

Thanks to all

Sorry, don't know much about the C... but if you are doing peels, then try the copper peptide serum with that.

What happened to judging people on their merit or work ethic and not on what they look like.

Maybe you're in the wrong industry. Is it sales. Never seen a sales person come to my door with skin issues. You don't look the part then you don't get hired.

Thank you everyone

I work in TV and after writing copy for a few years got a chance to go air doing "fill" or on scene news for the past few years. Though with makeup my scars aren't real noticeable but when meeting station mgrs, or news directors, I know they see them. Believe me when I say its cut-throat.

I finally asked a makeup person what I could do. She got me started on glycolic peels, and told me to do the copper peptides. I would have bought the Super serum but after doing some research found out about the Cellex-C stuff.

I know that going "big time" is unrealistic but maybe a desk job at a large city maybe a goal.

Thank you

We have two news readers on our national SBS television who have acne scars. They are really good at what they do. But i have never seen any such presenters on the main network news programs. Though there has been a couple on the current affairs type programs. They didn't last though.

have you heard of Paula Begoun author of don't go to the cosmetics counter w/out me...she and others say cellex-c only lasts a few weeks after it is opened the vit. c in it is very fragile and unstable. I would try a product with ester-c (much more stable) to get the same effect as cellex-c get some vitamin c crystals at the health food store and simply mix into a moisturizer etc. that way your only making what you need it's just as effective, much cheaper and won't breakdown so quickly.