Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know if this story has happened to some of you, but let me tell you how my nightmare started.

First of all, I am a ( 100% straight ) guy and my age is 28. When I was 16 I started to notice some pimples on my face and during that stage in your life, it is the worst thing that can happen to a person. Because your friends will make fun of you or your g/f or b/f will dump you!. (You remember that "puberty era" in your life in which everything has to be perfect!!. ) One day i was watching TV and I felt some itching around my forehead , so i got up and ran to the closest mirror and a new pimple was being developed. So i decided to "xtirpate" it!! the more I tried to do, the more red that area of my face was getting. To sumarize it, something that was very small and tiny became a huge red and purple volcano on my forehead within a period of 5 minutes. The next day I had school and my mom suggested me to use some of her makeup in order to cover that infection. Then after 1 week a close relative visited my mom and brought her some gifts such as a perfum and a make-up- base. and secretly I took the foundation and started wearing it. and since then i got used to wearing that base to cover some of my little pimples. (And that'show my nigthmare started!!) I noticed that my acne was getting worst. and i was still wearing more make up to try to cover it and it was damaging my skin completely!! it got to a point where that makeup was cracking my skin leaving terrible scars all over my forehead and T-zone. I've never suffered from severe acne, on the contrary my acne was very light and unoticeable. However , I wanted to look perfect during that age. and it led me to that makeup . In took only 1 month to completly damage and ruin my skin and therefore my illusions, hopes and entire life!!!!!! and since then I've been suffering from acne and acne scars and I really, really ,really,really ,really feel down!! Everytime I talk to someone, they look at my scars and i feel bad!! i've always heard some bad comments or jokes about my scars!! Please, i really need help!!! My life has changed 180 degrees!! during these 12 years I've been suffering terribly. I think my life ended up 12 years ago. Since then I never wake up happy anymore!! I've look myself the mirror about 7 million times during these 12 years and my mirror has witnessed 7 million dissapointments, anger, frustrations and suicidal intentions. I really need help! i don't have a reason to live happily!! I've lost my hopes and dreams in life!!! all my personal, educational,career, professional,and social activities have been developed at a very low performance due to this problem!! I really need help!!! finally, I've been 12 years without a g/f ( as i mentioned before, I am 100% straight and I like women) However, my acne and acne scars have also ruined and destroyed my love life.

I really need help!!!

you're 28 and people make fun of you? Do you mean... people that are also 28 years old? I dont know but that sounds very immature. I dont know if its the acne that keeps the girls away. Ive seen people with quite a bit of acne with reeal hot girlfriends, perhaphs its your insecurity, ive read in some book that insecurity really turns a girl down. Plus ive seen hot girls with acne(no fetish lol). THey have nice curves, fun to talk with, and they dont even wear make up. Maybe you can work out, get built, and feel a bit better about yourself and try not to let the scars ruin the rest of your life. Have you tried peels and microdermabrasion? I mean it sounds like a pain in the ass and a bit too girly but it'll help the scars. I think the reason some guys dont do these scar removing things is because they're just lazy and are afraid they'll get embarrassed. dont worry man, hang in there

hey do u mean that the make up damaged ur skin? what were u using? how is that possible?

im also worried as i have to wear make up out of nessescity

Well what have you been doing with your acne? Have u been treating it at all with medication ? I dont know I never heard of makeup causing permanant acne damage on someone's skin before. I know its a little late for this but I really dont encourage people with acne to wear makeup. WIth all that oil and dirt on your face u dont really need another layer of something on top of that. But well if u post what you do with your acne now maybe people can offer you suggestions. 28 is still relatively young so dont stress too much.

i totally believe that makeup can cause acne because i've been wearing make up on my face since i was 13 (when i first had my pimple) , but i wear make up everywhere on my face other than my forehead (it had no pimples or a blemish). everywhere on my face that i've been wearing makeup has some pimples and red marks from my pimples so i couldn't stop wearing makeup because it would look bad and the cycle repeats itself.

stop wearing makeup, it makes me break out so it might do the same....

(I wore makeup for theater)

Hi, i know this topic is old but i just wanted to say don't give up! Have u been to the derm to talk about this? And also, you should try meeting new people, i'm sure there will be a girl out there for you. You're only 28 so don't fret!

Also, what makeup did you use? I didn't know makeup can have that kind of reaction! That's totally bizarre!

was the make-up non comedogenic?.......or maybe it had sylacitic (sp?) acid and other additives that would make sensitive skin WORSE and they advise you not to use that on your skin...i just started using "Bare Minerals"..on my skin...the makeup is made purely our of minerals and vitamins....mainly zinc....its light and you can hardly tell you are wearing makeup....i know guys who have worn it...cheer up!

i wear make up and seriously dont consider that to be the cause of my pimples (its hormones!).. if you use a deep cleasner and exfoliate dead skin cells, wearing makeup shouldnt be a problem..

obviously you gotta pick the right make up tho.. oil control non clogging.. i usually wear an oil control moisturiser underneath it which is awesome.

in that time, did you see a dermatologist? i am around your age and i starting seeing one maybe four years after it started when i realized acne can be helped dramatically with drugs.

i can see what you mean though. i have had people say horrible things to me with acne. i cant get over what people have said to me in the past, even today. im also a really nice person, so i just cant believe it. like, i would never be such a jerk. its amazing the things people think they can get away with. theyll kick you when youre down. and its tough to get over. it just accumulates and you get more and more down about yourself.

but like that other fella said, women like confident men. myself included. women are really forgiving. i dont know how severe your acne. i guess if it was REALLY bad, maybe they wouldnt forgive it. but ive known guys with major zits whove had lots of girlfriends.

i know what you are saying about disappointments. ive had plenty of them myself. ive quit school to take full time jobs with health insurance to get certain drugs. also, men werent attracted to me when i was at my worse. in fact, they were mean. and i wont forget that. but one thing i suggest is dealing with the fact you might be angry about that. im not suggesting youre loco in the brain. but when my acne cleared up temporarily, i had a major anger inside me, especially towards men, which turned self-destructive. luckily, that didnt last long cause i met a nice man and had the insight to realize what i was doing.

by the way, i agree with the other guy. you should join a gym and be working out if youre not doing so already. ladies like muscles.

good luck.