Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pankins

Burt's Bees Tomato Complexion Bar Soap

Ak! Ok, so I've decided to use the burts tomato line and my moisterizer exclusively. That's all I was using this whole week and I didn't get a single new pimple. But last night, I used my Neutrogena facial peel and now I have like 4 new pimples coming up. I'm talking about red ones that kinda painful to the touch. Grrr... I don't think it's the purging thing either cause I've been using the stuff for quite a while.

I'm thinking it's because the toner is a natural form of AHA and by doing the facial peel, my skin got overly irritated. I've used it in the past and hadn't gotten this kind of reaction. Too bad because I have 3 jars of this stuff and it isn't cheap.

Is this happening to anyone else (those who use a separate mask or peel during the week)? Does your skin get worse the day after doing it?

Well the pore refining mask and herbal blemish stick arrived (Ive been using the tomato soap about a week and toner for about 3 weeks). I did the mask with green tea last night, wasn't too impressed, Im sure it made the blackheads on my nose that I got rid of remerge. (I will be posting info on my blackhead solution shortly when I have fully tested it).

I was wondering about the herbal blemish stick, the way its applied doesn't seem very sensible, cos with the roller ball arnt you just spreading the acne lurgee all over your skin from one place to another?

Anyways, re. soap, I didn't get a breakout but I have one spot that is just beginning to emerge, threatening to be a monster and Im desperately using the blemish stick to stop it in its tracks. Im still loving the soap tho, my skin looks so great for a few hours afterwards before the dreaded oil returns.

I still use BP at night, but avoid all my red marks (so I only use it on around 50% of my face).

Im still miffed at to why some peoples red marks stay for weeks, possibly months and mine stay for several years.

eusa_wall.gif

Well the pore refining mask and herbal blemish stick arrived (Ive been using the tomato soap about a week and toner for about 3 weeks). I did the mask with green tea last night, wasn't too impressed, Im sure it made the blackheads on my nose that I got rid of  remerge. (I will be posting info on my blackhead solution shortly when I have fully tested it).

I was wondering about the herbal blemish stick, the way its applied doesn't seem very sensible, cos with the roller ball arnt you just spreading the acne lurgee all over your skin from one place to another?

Anyways, re. soap, I didn't get a breakout but I have one spot that is just beginning to emerge, threatening to be a monster and Im desperately using the blemish stick to stop it in its tracks. Im still loving the soap tho, my skin looks so great for a few hours afterwards before the dreaded oil returns.

I still use BP at night, but avoid all my red marks (so I only use it on around 50% of my face).

Im still miffed at to why some peoples red marks stay for weeks, possibly months and mine stay for several years.

eusa_wall.gif

Katey are you still on the regimen while using burts bees, I saw a post on here somewhere that you said you were.. if so can you tell me exactly what your doing?

This thread inspired me to order the Burt's bees products!!

So what i've just ordered was the Tomato Toner,Herbal Blemish Stick!!

I have to wait for more Tomato Soap to be in stock b4 i can order more.

Also i just got Burt Bees chapstick and it works wonders for my very dry lips!!

Can't wait to get the other products and try them out what i'm afraid is that initial breakout and also how everyone says it'll break all that muck up...

Any moisturizers anyone recomend from the Burt Bees skin care line since i need an all natural one!!

The vanishing marshmallow creme had bad reviews on Makeup alley

Thanks

This thread inspired me to order the Burt's bees products!!

So what i've just ordered was the Tomato Toner,Herbal Blemish Stick!!

I have to wait for more Tomato Soap to be in stock b4 i can order more.

Also i just got Burt Bees chapstick and it works wonders for my very dry lips!!

Can't wait to get the other products and try them out what i'm afraid is that initial breakout and also how everyone says it'll break all that muck up...

Any moisturizers anyone recomend from the Burt Bees skin care line since i need an all natural one!!

The vanishing marshmallow creme had bad reviews on Makeup alley

Thanks

Katey I have a few questions for you.. first of all how long have you been off of the regimen and on the burts bees line... what kind of acne do you have/had, what was your progress on dans reg, and do you still use the BP as well as the burts bees, or just the burts bees?  I just use the burts bees, and today I didnt have a chance to even wash my face in the morning, i was super late, and these two really small pimples that had been lurking for a week were much bigger.  I wonder if the burts was keeping them under control.  Im really worried that I am gonna break out bad and have to go back to the regimen.. please help me out and let me knwo what your doing.. thanks!

Okay. I'm feeling pretty shitty right now. I'm tempted to quit this.

I've been on the soap for about 2,5 weeks and the toner for 1. Like I just said, I'm still breaking out just as bad. My mom even commented on it: "hey it looks like your zits are getting worse." Yeah thanks mom, not like I can't notice. I have never had a comment from her before on it so this is really a big factor.

The zits I have now are weird... it sometimes feels like a cyst but it never turns into one, the pain just dies after a day or 2 and I can't see anything forming. Or either whiteheads that come to a head real quick. Or zits that just linger forever and ever in the same place. While before I just had zits that lasted a couple of days and would then be pop-able.

My face just feels dry and tight after washing with the soap and toner while I only use them at night! I really don't get it as I have very oily skin (a little bit sensitive) so according to the product it should help me. Worst of all, I was stupid enough to order $60 of burts bees products a week ago (hate the shipping to europe).

Pankins, especially you, what do you think I should do right now?

Sorry to hear you are still breaking out, Wickeh. That totally sucks. Here is my take on how breakouts work though. I'm sure this could spark a debate by some. I have had acne for many moons (I am 31 and have had acne in some form since I was 12). When I start using a new product, my skin usually goes through a period of adjustment. For me, this usually means a breakout. Usually mild, but on rare occasion (when I was younger) more moderate. Of course when you begin to use a new product and immediately see your skin breaking out you totally freak out and your first instinct is to stop using the product all together. In some instances it was the product that was causing my skin to breakout (ingredients that were pore clogging/irritating causing my skin to breakout). In other instances my skin broke out, but it was because I had so much gunk under the surface that I couldn't even see that needed to be purged out. I know you are probably saying "but my skin was almost completely clear when I began using this stuff"! I cannot tell you how many times I have looked at my skin in the mirror and been like "WOW, my skin looks so great right now, I cannot imagine that my skin would look bad in a week", but then the very next week I would have like 5-10 new pimples form. My point in all of this rambling is that sometimes, even though your skin appears to look clear and healthy, doesn't mean that it will next week. Your skin is breaking out like crazy now, but maybe these are all zits that you would have gotten in the near future anyways, and this soap is just getting them out quickly and all at once. OR maybe this soap just doesn't agree with you. If you want to really test it I guess you could stop using it for a couple of weeks and see if your skin goes back to normal. If it does, then maybe this stuff just ins't for you. I do know that there are no pore clogging ingredients in this stuff though so I can't imagine that the soap is just causing pimples that never would have formed had you not begun using it. You could also just try hanging in for a solid month and seeing what happens. Over the next week or so if your skin keeps getting WORSE, then stop. If it doesn't get worse, but not necessarily better either hang in one more week and go from there. I wish I could predict the future for you, but I can't. I can say that in all my years of throwing good money down the drain on fancy skin care products and acne lines this is the only thing that has made my skin look not only clear, but pretty. I wish it worked quickly for you like it did for me. I know you are probably cussing me every night when you look in the mirror and saying "why, oh why did I listen to Pankins"?!?!? If you are really worried, then just stop the insanity like raina said and try something else. I think to really decide if a skin care line is right for you, one should try to use it for at least a solid month or so to make a fair decision.

Hope that helped, Wickeh. Please keep us posted and good luck on whatever you decide to do.

P.S. How are you using the soap/toner exactly (ie: times per day with each and how long do you wash your face for)

Okay. I'm feeling pretty shitty right now. I'm tempted to quit this.

I've been on the soap for about 2,5 weeks and the toner for 1. Like I just said, I'm still breaking out just as bad. My mom even commented on it: "hey it looks like your zits are getting worse." Yeah thanks mom, not like I can't notice. I have never had a comment from her before on it so this is really a big factor.

The zits I have now are weird... it sometimes feels like a cyst but it never turns into one, the pain just dies after a day or 2 and I can't see anything forming. Or either whiteheads that come to a head real quick. Or zits that just linger forever and ever in the same place. While before I just had zits that lasted a couple of days and would then be pop-able.

My face just feels dry and tight after washing with the soap and toner while I only use them at night! I really don't get it as I have very oily skin (a little bit sensitive) so according to the product it should help me. Worst of all, I was stupid enough to order $60 of burts bees products a week ago (hate the shipping to europe).

Pankins, especially you, what do you think I should do right now?

Thanks for your reply Pankins, I'm willing to continue it until may at the latest but if it still doesn't work by then I will stop using them.

My entire regimen is this:

Morning

- Shower, just wash face with warm water

- Shave (Gillette Mach 3 with Gillette Sensitive Gel with Aloe and Vit E)

- Rinse face with warm water then with cold water

- Pat dry with towel

Evening

- Apply egg/lemon mask for 15 mins

- Rinse off with warm water

- Follow immediately with cleansing with Tomato soap (rich lather, 10-20 secs)

- Rinse with warm water and then cold water

- Pat Dry

- Wait 30 secs or so and apply toner

- Go to sleep

That's it. I have tried Vichy Thermal S Mat moisturizer, and European people here might know that Vichy is pretty much the best there is here. It's oil-free, non-comodogenic, not greasy and hydrates well. But it just doesn't seem to make any difference for me. So I just go without the moisturizer. I might have to try one but again, I'll have to buy it myself cause my parents won't and I don't know a good one thats available here in Europe in stores.

Thanks for your reply Pankins, I'm willing to continue it until may at the latest but if it still doesn't work by then I will stop using them.

Morning

- Pat dry with towel

Evening

- Pat Dry

- Go to sleep

That's it. I have tried Vichy Thermal S Mat moisturizer, and European people here might know that Vichy is pretty much the best there is here. It's oil-free, non-comodogenic, not greasy and hydrates well. But it just doesn't seem to make any difference for me. So I just go without the moisturizer. I might have to try one but again, I'll have to buy it myself cause my parents won't and I don't know a good one thats available here in Europe in stores.

I've started using the lemon/egg mask before Burts Bees products. I first used the soap twice daily but it dried me way too much so I use it only at night. I don't think I need to exfoliate cause I have to shave every single morning and that's exfoliating already.

I just bought a really good Aloe Vera gel with herbtinctures for your skin, I'm going to throw that in at morning and night and see if it makes a difference cause it's supposed to moisturize as well.

Wow.

I discovered this thread about a week ago and have been mulling the thought over since then. I had just started a brand new regimen though and wanted to give it a chance to work, but then I had to go to the store yesterday and noticed a Whole Foods store right next to it. I thought, what the hell, and went in and got the soap.

Dear sweet Lord.

When I read about the "immediate" results, I was quite skeptical. I'm in that boat of, wow I should have grown out of acne by now and I've had it forever and tried everything so why is my skin getting WORSE. All those in the boat with me know what I'm talking about. Anyway, like I said I just started what I thought was a very sensible regimen with SA and BP.

But last night I went just with the soap. I was kind of afraid at first, thinking I should at least put BP on as well, but my skin felt dry after the soap and we all know BP is not the kindest product in the world, so I just left it at that, expecting God only knows what in the morning. (My skin has been doing one of those, oh you thought I was finally gonna clear, right? Wrong!!)

Again, I don't want to be one of those who convinces themselves that they see something nobody else does, so I didn't even want to post anything today. But good lord, the stubborn acne I've been working on for a good three weeks has gone down, everything reduced in size, one whitehead came to a head, and a big one that was threatening to take over and ruin everything on my cheek looks like it's calmed before it ever even broke.

Amazing! Plus, my whole skin tone and just the general look of it is much better. Like someone said before, my skin doesn't look dead anymore. Years of harsh products, and most recently the BP have left it very dull and pasty looking, even makeup can't revive it. This morning, I didn't even want to put makeup on, and I hate going anywhere without makeup. (I did though, I decided that can be my reward when I'm all clear, no makeup!)

Again, I don't want to be completely over optimistic here and rush out and buy every Burt's Bees product I can find only to have the soap turn on me in a few days. But I think I'm going to go out and get the toner today and see what happens. I truly hope this is my cure, if so, Pankins and all other faithful posters I will love you forever. I'm so excited, I can finally rid myself of this horrible skin.

Wow.

I discovered this thread about a week ago and have been mulling the thought over since then. I had just started a brand new regimen though and wanted to give it a chance to work, but then I had to go to the store yesterday and noticed a Whole Foods store right next to it. I thought, what the hell, and went in and got the soap.

Dear sweet Lord.

When I read about the "immediate" results, I was quite skeptical. I'm in that boat of, wow I should have grown out of acne by now and I've had it forever and tried everything so why is my skin getting WORSE. All those in the boat with me know what I'm talking about. Anyway, like I said I just started what I thought was a very sensible regimen with SA and BP.

But last night I went just with the soap. I was kind of afraid at first, thinking I should at least put BP on as well, but my skin felt dry after the soap and we all know BP is not the kindest product in the world, so I just left it at that, expecting God only knows what in the morning. (My skin has been doing one of those, oh you thought I was finally gonna clear, right? Wrong!!)

Again, I don't want to be one of those who convinces themselves that they see something nobody else does, so I didn't even want to post anything today. But good lord, the stubborn acne I've been working on for a good three weeks has gone down, everything reduced in size, one whitehead came to a head, and a big one that was threatening to take over and ruin everything on my cheek looks like it's calmed before it ever even broke.

Amazing! Plus, my whole skin tone and just the general look of it is much better. Like someone said before, my skin doesn't look dead anymore. Years of harsh products, and most recently the BP have left it very dull and pasty looking, even makeup can't revive it. This morning, I didn't even want to put makeup on, and I hate going anywhere without makeup. (I did though, I decided that can be my reward when I'm all clear, no makeup!)

Again, I don't want to be completely over optimistic here and rush out and buy every Burt's Bees product I can find only to have the soap turn on me in a few days. But I think I'm going to go out and get the toner today and see what happens. I truly hope this is my cure, if so, Pankins and all other faithful posters I will love you forever. I'm so excited, I can finally rid myself of this horrible skin.

I loved this soap on my first wash with it too smile.gif

I have been using it nearly 2 weeks now I worked out.

I seem to be breaking out a bit sad.gif little bumps close to my hairline.

I had what was threatening to be a large cyst and I used the herbal blemish stick on it about every half hour for a day and it just went like magic. I have another one that I may not have caught in time with the blemish stick sad.gif

My skin definately looks a lot brighter and healthier.

How long till people stopped breaking out? cos I was nearly acne free before this so it's a teeny bit annoying.

Im definately favouring natural products these days. Im still using BP once a day at night time, tho I only use it on half my face cos I have a lot of red marks of varying severity from the last few years and I don't want it anywhere near them.

My red marks are improving, Im not sure if this is the homeopathic stuff Im taking, the green tea toner, the burt bees soap, the burt bees toner or the not using BP on them. All of those are quite recent changes and it could be all of them that are helping.

I've started using the lemon/egg mask before Burts Bees products. I first used the soap twice daily but it dried me way too much so I use it only at night. I don't think I need to exfoliate cause I have to shave every single morning and that's exfoliating already.

I just bought a really good Aloe Vera gel with herbtinctures for your skin, I'm going to throw that in at morning and night and see if it makes a difference cause it's supposed to moisturize as well.

hey everyone ..i stumbled on this site 3 weeks ago or so and was reeally intrigued by the first post about burts bees. i have mild acne and reeally oily skin ..blah i hate it, but i ordered the soap and toner and i didnt have the dramatic results that other users have had. But ya kno it cant work for everyone. ive been using it for 2 weeks now and it hasnt done too much for my skin, but im still gonna wait it out for a bit. the real test will come @ the end of the month w/ my scary monthly break out ...SO if it pass the test ill stick w/ it. UM i suggest anyone still thinking about trying it to buy the burts bees head to toe starter kit or A facial in a kit first. At least that way you can try multiple products and see what works instead of fishing out 8$ for the bar and 9$ for the toner when you can try a bunch including lotions, other soaps and their chapstick,etc in a pack for 12.50$. the head to toe starter kit i saw in stores had ..the tomato soap, lettuce toner, citrus scrub, lemon poppy seed cleanser, shampoo bar, another cleansing soap ( body), beeswax chapstick, foot cream, etc. contents may vary tho. so this way you can try it out and if you like select items you can buy the bigger size. heres a link for the facial in a kit also : http://www.jakesctp.com/catalog/burts_bees..._kit_771852.htm ..um beautyrose.com has free shipping on all burts bees items BUT the customer service stinks and it may take a while to come. lol thats all ..good luck !

Do you normally have oily skin?  If you are using the soap only once a day and lathering for only 10-20 seconds and it's drying out your skin, that may mean this soap is not for you.  It's designed specifically for oily/troubled skin.  I use it twice a day and lather for 1 full minute during each wash and it doesn't dry out my skin at all.  My skin is normally oily, but this soap has helped control it.

If you don't have oily skin, this soap may be overdrying it, causing irritation and subsequently breakouts.

I don't want to sound like a complete git but if you read my posts and think of the details I mention wouldn't you think I've already read a zillion times that it's meant for oily skin? I have really oily skin so this should suit me and that's why I bought it.

Morning

- Pat dry with towel

Evening

- Pat Dry

- Go to sleep

It seems to me that you may have both oily and sensitive skin.  Since you're not using an anti-microbial cleanser, you absolutely need to clean your face both in the morning and the evening to remove sebum and minimize the amount of inflammatory pathogens feeding upon it.  That also implies you need to use an oil-free toner and an oil-free moisturizer after every time you clean to help normalize sebum production.  The shaving gel contains oil, so you need to switch to an an oil-free one.  Eliminate the egg/lemon mask as it is likely over-irritating your skin, especially in combination with the tomato soap and tomato toner.  Lemon and tomatoes are extremely acidic and are not appropriate for sensitive skin.  Over-drying and/or over-irritating your skin is counter-productive as it will increase sebum production.  And finally, change your pillow case cover each night to avoid recontamination. 

Logan