Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melchior

Need some advice on Botchla's regimen

Alright, first of all, here's what I've done so far. I started on Dan's regimen of course, it seemed to be working well (can't tell right away of course) however it was a pain to get some of the needed materials, I can't get anything through mail (secrecy) and also I don't drive yet, so I had to walk miles to get the right items. I switched to Botcha's after about a week and a half of Dan's for this reason. (My on-the-spot ran out and I didn't feel like walking miles through snow anymore) So basically it seemed like it would be less of a hassle (mostly washes and nothing really stays on your face but a moisturizer, didn't have to be as patient and cautious it seemed like, washes seem easier.. and the materials are extremely easy to get for me.)

It's been about two additional weeks on Botchla's I believe. I'm not using all of his recommended products at the moment! I use a purpose gentle cleansing bar, Neutrogenia Oil-Free Acne Cleanser (heard this was a bad product overall - bought it on mistake), Clean and Clear Continuous Control acne cleanser, and Eucerin Day Formula SPF 15 mousturizer. Also, I'd say I have an oily T-zone (is this the right term for forehead + nose/chin?) and a "normal" cheek/jawline. However my cheeks and jawline were much worse than my forehead and nose (lately).

The problem I'm running into is I'm getting all kinds of skin colored bumps on my forehead, really probably hundreds. Very noticeable up close. I don't seem to be getting these same marks on my cheeks and jawline, which are both almost unchanged (mainly because I felt large spots forming under the skin around when I started Dan's almost a month ago.) Acne seems to clear for me, but these bumps keep coming up, in places my acne wasn't as bad anymore.

Do you think it's the products I'm using, my application methods, or maybe I should get off this regimen? By now most people see some kind of better improvement right? Also my pores are too big looking.

I'm pretty annoyed because it seemed like I was clearing a bit but now I have different kinds of bumps, doesnt even look like my normal acne. It's confusing, if the BP makes it impossible for p. acnes to survive, how can I still break out with acne?

I hope people answer my topic, I really need some advice here. confused.gif I'm willing to stick with it, change individual products or regimens altogether, but I'd like to have it explained to me too. razz.gif

Ask me if you need clarification on anything!

Alright well this morning I bought St. Ives Apricot Scrub (medicated) to replace the neutrogenia, second time using it now. Honestly I can't tell if I've gotten used to BP over night or if this scrub did it but today after both my applications of SA/BP I had NO redness or irritation. Just yesterday I was still getting red. Do you think the scrub is that much better than my old neutrogenia?

Anyways, I know you're going to say it's too harsh to use this scrub twice a day but honestly, I haven't found that to be true yet. This may change along the days and weeks but who knows, maybe this is key for me. Takes forever to wash off though. lol.gif I also apply it very very gently, like everything else.

Tell me what you think!

Alright well this morning I bought St. Ives Apricot Scrub (medicated) to replace the neutrogenia, second time using it now.  Honestly I can't tell if I've gotten used to BP over night or if this scrub did it but today after both my applications of SA/BP I had NO redness or irritation.  Just yesterday I was still getting red.  Do you think the scrub is that much better than my old neutrogenia?

Anyways, I know you're going to say it's too harsh to use this scrub twice a day but honestly, I haven't found that to be true yet.  This may change along the days and weeks but who knows, maybe this is key for me.  Takes forever to wash off though.  lol.gif  I also apply it very very gently, like everything else.

Tell me what you think!