Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xanderfraser

roaccutane and smoking

hi there im from england and just about to start roaccutane. i have a stupid habit of that being smoking, was wondering whether this would be a good time to stop? a good excuse? does it affect the workings or side effects at all? any contrubutions would help emensley, thank you, alex

Well if you need an excuse to quit, use accutane. Since accutane makes your body all f-ed up as it is, and smoking reduces your oxygen levels and dries out your skin and body, you might want to quit or you'll age really quick and look and feel like poop.

Both my parents have emphazema and other smoking related problems so I don't smoke (anymore) but when I did smoke, my skin was noticably less oily. Being on accutane and smoking together may make the dryness worse.

Error on the side of safety and just quit it now. Good luck.

It only takes 72 hours of nicotine abstinence to kick the addiction. After that you may experience some physical discomfort for another week or so. It's definitely do-able! And it doesn't have to cost you money and you don't have to expect or tolerate numerous relapses.

I had no idea that smoking and tane would be bad. I still smoke a pack every two to three days, and my blood tests this month came back normal. (4th month). I guess I just got lucky. I plan to quit sooner rather than later, just haven't found the energy to invest into it. My mother died from cancer and g=pa from emphasema so, clearly I should be thinking about quitting. Im considering hypnosis, I know some people its worked for.. someday we'll see!

What I have done is switched to ultra light packs, which suck so much that there is much less motivation for me to smoke smile.gif.

Initially I used to smoke a pack in about 2 days, now a pack lasts me for a week.

There are times when I do not smoke for a day without realizing it.

I am slowly and surely quitting even without realizing which is what I want.

I got the motivation from the damage to the skin it does, delaying healing of wounds etc. I do not think it will directly get in the way of accutane but will dry out your body more for sure...

Note: hypnosis worked for my mom so I suggest it. The only reason she went back is because she went through a really stressful time (her mom died) and it was an auto response. She wants to do it again because she was able to stop w/o w/drawl for over 3 months and she's been smoking since she was 13 (she's 53 now).