Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ya don't hesitate to see your doc. Especially when it's free. Our American friends on this site actually pay to see their doctors. I would say if those don't get better in a week, go see your family doctor. That will ease your stress too.

Yeah, i've been icing, actually doing it right now.

trust me...they are bad. The pic flatters them. The three will leave scars. The one close to my nose will have a neighbour, cuz there is already a scar right beside it. Probably been there for over a year now.

If one more cyst pops up within the next week, i will be hauling my ass to a doc.

Guest TylerD
Yeah, i've been icing, actually doing it right now.

trust me...they are bad. The pic flatters them. The three will leave scars. The one close to my nose will have a neighbour, cuz there is already a scar right beside it. Probably been there for over a year now.

If one more cyst pops up within the next week, i will be hauling my ass to a doc.

You know what, I really don't think a stronger BP is going to help though. I'm literally starting to burn my skin with the 5% just from applying it so much to the affected areas.

Plus, I hear 10% is no better than 5....

I think I need to start taking a presciption that works. Possible minocycline or something? I want an oral antibiotic.

In Ontario, do I need to get a refferal from my doc to get an app. with a derm???

And your cysts look painful. I've got a few too and a new one's coming up on my forehead. It's just freaking terrific, and I'm beyond words.

Also, some dermatologists require a referral from a doctor, while others don't. The main reason that some do is so that if you doctor asks the dermatologist for your information (diagnosis, etc.), the dermatologist would release it.

As for the beach question, are there even real beaches in Ontario?

I didn't know there were real beaches. I thought there were probably only pebble ones. I saw this girl with a bag and the printed words "I Dream Of Surfing" once and I was laughing inside because you can't freaking surf anywhere around here can you? Well at least I don't think anyone associates a surfer (paradise) image to Canada. It's usually California, Hawaii and good 'ol Australia. Okay, and maybe Florida too.

I think another reason most derms want referrals is that they don't want their offices full of people with just minor acne cases. Actually your family doc is trained to treat minor cases and should know if a derm is needed. Family docs can handle minor acne cases. Some derms want the family doc to exhaust all of his options (ie bp and antibiotics), and if they fail to heal the acne, then it's on to a derm who'll bring out the heavy ammo (accutane for one)

You know what, I really don't think a stronger BP is going to help though. I'm literally starting to burn my skin with the 5% just from applying it so much to the affected areas.

Plus, I hear 10% is no better than 5....

I think I need to start taking a presciption that works. Possible minocycline or something? I want an oral antibiotic.

In Ontario, do I need to get a refferal from my doc to get an app. with a derm???

I think another reason most derms want referrals is that they don't want their offices full of people with just minor acne cases. Actually your family doc is trained to treat minor cases and should know if a derm is needed. Family docs can handle minor acne cases. Some derms want the family doc to exhaust all of his options (ie bp and antibiotics), and if they fail to heal the acne, then it's on to a derm who'll bring out the heavy ammo (accutane for one)

I didn't know there were real beaches. I thought there were probably only pebble ones. I saw this girl with a bag and the printed words "I Dream Of Surfing" once and I was laughing inside because you can't freaking surf anywhere around here can you? Well at least I don't think anyone associates a surfer (paradise) image to Canada. It's usually California, Hawaii and good 'ol Australia. Okay, and maybe Florida too.

So I'm kinda right on about there being no 'real' beaches then. Isn't Lake Ontario like too polluted for people to swim in? I think I won't even wanna take a quick dip in it. It sounds scary. ninja.gif

Well your definition is pretty much the same as mine. Pebble beaches are still beaches to me too, just that I won't consider them 'beaches' in the recreational sense. You'll probably be sore all over by the end of the day if you even tried sunbathing on it.

I like beaches with marine life too, or crustacean rather. Hermit crabs, shells. They're all fun to play with and to collect.

I don't really remember the last time I was at the beach which is kinda sad. Summer school killed my summer.

So I'm kinda right on about there being no 'real' beaches then. Isn't Lake Ontario like too polluted for people to swim in? I think I won't even wanna take a quick dip in it. It sounds scary. ninja.gif

Well whats your definition of a "real" beach?

I consider it to be a place where there is plenty of clean, pure sand. With water that is unpolluted with no odd smell and algae and other crap in the water.

actually i havnt been there for years tongue.gif

water kingdom is sure to make a lot of money this year. its scorching!

I had a good laugh today listening to Kelly Rippa talk about her pimple on the Tony Danza show. She reminded me of the way I was back in the day.

If I had a zit I would apply everything I owned, and then I would end up burning my skin off, yet the zit would still remain.

I find her hilarious. And what celebrity would go on and on about their zit on national television?? lol

I had a good laugh today listening to Kelly Rippa talk about her pimple on the Tony Danza show. She reminded me of the way I was back in the day.

If I had a zit I would apply everything I owned, and then I would end up burning my skin off, yet the zit would still remain.

I find her hilarious. And what celebrity would go on and on about their zit on national television?? lol