Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elee26

Surgical Scar feed back NEEDED!!!!

Hello, everyone.

I just wanted to get some feedback on some of the product to cure my scar, which i got due to the accident.

I went through two surgeries, and it left me a big scar in my stomach area.

It was pretty big incision, and i'm so eager to get rid of it or at least to lessen the redness and make it look more like my skin color.

Since the summers coming i want to be able to take my top off freely. Also is it okay to go tanning?

I've heard mederma is okay, and i don't know if rejuveness is a good product.

If you guys know any good product that works well on surgical scars, can you please recomend it to me?

Please let me know. Thanks.

elee -here is a suggestion - go to a permanant makeup artist and ask them to tatoo the scar on your stomach the same colour as the surrounding skin.

Thanks for your reply, but i heard if you get a tatto if they mess that up

thats pain in the butt too.... so i dont know if i really want to do that. Thanks anyways

Maybe get it cut out and restitched by a plastic surgeon. That's what a doc recommended for my large purple back scar which was created by my butcher GP who was nearing 70 at the time. But i couldn't care less about that scar now. I always take my shirt off at the beach when i want to go for a swim that is.

Or you might want to try some lactic/glycolic peels - www.homepeels.com - they definately help with shallow scarring and redness/discolouration. My aesthetician said that kojic acid is the best for discolouration so you may want to see if anyone supplies it.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys.

I finally have some hope to get rid of that scar, or at least get out there and take off my shirt. I'll try all the medications possible and let you guys know what really works and what doesn't. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks so much.