Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Charmed 1

Anyone with oily skin use JLynn mineral cosmetics?

All this talk about the mineral make up and her new web-site,everyone couldn't wait to try it.Her site has been up since Jan.15...has anyone with oily skin tried it?

If so, can you share pros and cons?

Hey Charmed,

I'm fairly new to mineral makeup. I've only been using it for three weeks or so, so I ordered samples from a few different companies to test them out. Jlynnes is the best so far, and I've tried aromaleigh, alphaskincare and realmineralmakeup. But I've only just gotten the samples so I've only used it for a couple of days. Yesterday I used it with some of corycosmetics primer underneath, and it was the best day yet with min makeup oil-wise. I am in the midst of experimenting, so I'll keep posting.

Today I came across these products called h2o. Their stuff looks really nice, all natural, and they have some acne stuff, but what really caught my eye was this makeup primer. It was called complexion something or other, but you put a thin layer on under you makeup to make your skin smoother and control oil. I may have to try it out.

Her samples are not free, but very cheap. The shipping is free as well. I spent 15 bucks and got 4 different shades of foundation, tons of eye shadows and some highlighters as well. Go to her website, you'll see all the samples there. Totally worth the 15 bucks, so far I am impressed but I need to go get some brushes to work with this stuff!!!

Her site is www.jlynnecosmetics.com

Guest Tracy

It's against board rules to advertise on this site. eusa_naughty.gif

Lol! I wasn't advertising for anyone, I was just telling her where to get the samples. Im not associated w/the company at all.

There happens to be a whole thread full of her company info, so I had no idea it was 'against the rules'.

Guest Tracy
There happens to be a whole thread full of her company info

Usually I am very annoyed when people come in here peddling their crap. When I first saw Jlynne's post, I was annoyed. BUT she actually turned out to be very helpful. While most people make outrageous untruthful claims, she did not, and she offered some helpful advice. I'm not saying she didn't break the rules, but in this case, I'm sort of glad she did because I tried some of her samples and I like them better than any other min. makeup I've tried. As for us talking about her products here and now, I don't think any of us are involved with her co. so I don't see how that is breaking the rules.

yea I just used them for the first time this morning and I was very pleased. the only other min makeup i've used was jane iredale which was VERY expensive and I wasn't that thrilled about it. This stuff seems pretty good so far. Im not associated w/her buisness either but just like we make moisturizer recommendations, I think we should be allowed to rave about a product. Great customer service with JLC as well. Im impressed thus far.

Guest Tracy
As for us talking about her products here and now, I don't think any of us are involved with her co. so I don't see how that is breaking the rules.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to write a quick post and let everyone know that I was gently reminded by the moderators to change my signature and not post the link to my site, which is why I haven't posted to the Acne.org Forum in about 1-1/2 weeks. I apologize if I caused any trouble! :-(

Thank you for your kind words, and I appreciate your interest in J.Lynne. Take care, all!

Jess

I orodered Jlynnes foundation and her translucent powder... usually in the morning I'd be shiny by noon.... today I applied the minerals at 7:30am and and took it off at 6pm... not one bit of shine and it looked as good as almost 12 hour prior...

It's excellent!!

Bai,

I don't have extremely oily skin, but when I wear makeup it does get oily. I've been wearing Jlynnes makeup with a primer from either corycosmetics or aromaleigh (still trying to determine which is better), but those primers really help keep the oil down.

Thanks guys for your input. I myself use a antishine primer before I apply my

foundation which is the Revlon Colorstay (the light version) in color buff, and the

primer does a pretty good job in making my skin look matte,but am growing tired

of the foundation, even though it is the light version of colorstay, it still does look

a bit chalky,the only reason why i use it is for its oil control, and together with my

primer is a double bonus, I am considering JLynne mineral makeup.

So far I am reading alot of positive feedback.Let's just say if I do try any kind of

mineral make-up, it most likely will be hers, thanks again.

Thank you so much, everyone! You've all been extremely kind, and I really appreciate everyone's thoughts! :-D

Take care, and if you'd ever like to chat, feel free to stop by our forum!

Cheers!

Hey gals,

Today I applied Jlynnes stuff with a damp brush which I've never tried before. I also put some aromaleigh porcelaine mattifying primer underneath, and it worked GREAT. I like the wet brush app, because it gives better coverage, and I think before I was putting on too much dry powder which looked, well, powdery and then would get oily.

You know, I ordered samples from J Lynne in Ivory Cool and Ivory Warm.. and both are too dark for me eusa_think.gif

I LOVE mineral makeup and I think it looks great.. but I can't seem to find a shade light enough for my skin tone. I know that J Lynne posts on the forum -- any chance of getting any lighter shades? I have very, VERY pale skin with pink undertones.

You know, I ordered samples from J Lynne in Ivory Cool and Ivory Warm.. and both are too dark for me  eusa_think.gif

I LOVE mineral makeup and I think it looks great.. but I can't seem to find a shade light enough for my skin tone. I know that J Lynne posts on the forum -- any chance of getting any lighter shades? I have very, VERY pale skin with pink undertones.