Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leeb

should i allow my skin PEEL ? is moisturising bad for me ?

before i started the regime my skin used to peel loads and i just used to let it flake off, my skin actually looked/looks better when its peeling as appose to when its all shiney and red after moisturising, any1 have any advice as to whether it would be better to just let it dry out ?

I think using a gentle exfoliater to get rid of the flakes and then using a good moisturizer would be the best option int he long run.

Moisturize no matter what, at least once a day. And avoid an exfoliator until you are completely clear. Leave out all variables and experimentation until you are completely clear. Follow ther regimen precisely at first. Once you are clear, you can add in one variable at a time, such as removing moisturizer or adding in an exfoliator.

-Dan

dan - i thought exfoliating once a week was good for your skin? i was going to get Queen Helene's Mint Julep Face Scrub and start using once a week....im not completely clear but im getting there....so you think i should definetly not use it until im 100% clear?

dan - i thought exfoliating once a week was good for your skin? i was going to get Queen Helene's Mint Julep Face Scrub and start using once a week....im not completely clear but im getting there....so you think i should definetly not use it until im 100% clear?

I exfoliate twice a day and my skin texture looks fantastic and has a really healthy glow. Now just to get rid of some red spots. My face is 100% clear btw, except a few red post acne spots.