Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

aight guys, i'm considering stopping tane. maybe a week or two. i'll ween myself and take 10 mg every other day, then completely stop.

you're probably wondering, coz i've only been on it for around 2 and half months...but i'm so hella depressed right now and i don't think it's smart to keep taking tane while i'm so close to having a nervous breakdown.

i haven't been sleeping....maybe only 1 or 2 hours a day...i'd need sleeping pills and that combined with tane is dangerous. plus yesterday i only ate a bar of chocolate. today, a small piece of bread. i think i'm gonna need counselling, but i don't know how to go about it.

hopefully my skin will be ok without tane for a while.

wish we could have voice chats in here. then we can sing

Raindrops keep falling on my head....

anyways, you look aweesomeee, i dont think you even need tane anymore. but i havnt been here for a while, so you should fill me in on all of this.

That doesn't sound good sad.gif. I wouldn't worry about stopping the tane if you felt like you needed to. I never ramped down my dosage and I don't remember having any side effects after stopping. You know your own body though.

Going to see a counselor isn't like having yourself committed or anything. It can be good just to have someone to listen and get all your feelings out in the open. They've also heard a lot of stuff and know how to how to deal with more serious problems if necessary. If you have a job with benefits then they usually have something for counseling included. There's usually a list of approved doctors. If you don't have someone who can recommend a conselor (friend, famliy, family doc) you can always try the web. There are different kinds I think though- psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, etc who specialize in different areas. I think the main diff is that their counseling method and speciality. You probably want to ask them on the phone what type of method they use and what they usually deal with (make sure to ask for the doc). Also think about if you want a man/woman, hospital/private priactice. You don't have to go to the same therapist if ou don't like them either, just try someone else.

Ok, I'll stop my rant now- that's probably way too much info. Hope it helps smile.gif.

^thanks logan...i never had to deal with this kind of problem before so the info you gave will definitely be useful.

currently, i'm 108.5 lbs. i was shocked when i weighed myself last night. i forced myself to eat coz my hands are getting shaky, and my body is too cold. and since i'm a phlebotomist, that's definitely not good.

i couldn't eat a freaking mozzarella cheese stick! i was supposed to be on break for an hour, but i couldn't stand being alone with my thoughts, so i went back to work after 20 minutes.

my face is getting too shiny though. oil is back aaaah...i dunno....should i stop or should i keep taking it? i honestly feel ok as long as there's something to do, or somebody to talk with. i just can't deal with being alone.

my sis told me i'm becoming anorexic. i'm not - i love chocolate. i love food. some people tend to eat or binge when they're under stress....i'm the exact opposite. i cannot eat at all. but only under stress.

so anyways i'm taking steps forward...i've asked my sis to find a date for me, she has someone in mind, and i'll find out tomorrow what's gonna happen.

just got back from work. not sleepy at all. i'll wait for my bro to wake up and we'll play tennis. it's a gorgeous day!

candy ruins your appetite

i say eat a hamburger. really once you have a bite, its hard to stop.

heh. i had 1/4 of pizza last night, and half a banana.

ate half of the banana this morning. i just can't eat that much.

i finally talked to him last night. i had to stop myself from breaking down. i laughed. we talked awkwardly for three minutes. nothing to say. the instant he talked about his girlfriend that's it. i had to go. said bye and hang up.

grabbed a tylenol PM and made myself sleep till 7am. fortunately that was a dreamless sleep.

eh, sorry for all the drama. i'll be happier in a few more days hopefully.

aww, its alright, we're here to listen.

I never really thought of eating fruit when im sick and dont want to eat. its more like junk food. I dont want to eat it but when i do it gets me going. coke tastes horrible when you havnt eaten much in a long time.

I use to only eat dinner, skip breakfest, lunch, all snacks and just eat dinner. i didnt even eat a lot of dinner, just some dinner. then one day I ate every meal, and ate until I was full. and now i have my appetite back. try it

just curious... what kind of pizza did you have?

aww, its alright, we're here to listen.

I never really thought of eating fruit when im sick and dont want to eat. its more like junk food. I dont want to eat it but when i do it gets me going. coke tastes horrible when you havnt eaten much in a long time.

I use to only eat dinner, skip breakfest, lunch, all snacks and just eat dinner. i didnt even eat a lot of dinner, just some dinner. then one day I ate every meal, and ate until I was full. and now i have my appetite back. try it

just curious... what kind of pizza did you have?

seems like you're back to normal. i just had veggie pizza.

ive never seen reddish blonde before. mind posting a picture? lol

ill see into that myspace thing

yup - extremely hungry and eating pizza with pepperoni again as we speak.

the hair doesn't show up well in the camera.

meh, i think i'm ok. eusa_angel.gif

yay you posted lol

for like 2 days, the first thing i did was check this thread to see if you posted. christ, you nearly made me set it to homepage lol

^ aaaw that's sweet of you vertigo.

i totally messed up my hair tonight i'm gonna dye it again in the morning for the third time. reddish-blond hair i think is called strawberry-blonde? but my hair is not like that at all coz i have the dark undertones.

oh, i've been online, but the messageboard was down for a while, right?

still pimple-free, i just wish i could do something now about the big pores i have. i have to wait after accutane.

i've eaten a lot today (or yesterday coz it's almost 4am now). my nephew and i played soccer. i cleaned up my room and found pictures of my first ex. that dude is an extremely nice guy, we're very close friends now.

also played old CDs. Deftones, Portishead, Sneaker Pimps. triphop music. I wished i didn't coz it made me a little depressed, so i played some R'nb and hiphop.

picked up my guitar again and planning to write songs.

i'm sleepy. no wonder it's 3:37 right now. gotta sleep.

Hey, glad to hear you're appetite has returned. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to eat either, there's other things I'd rather be doing and eating just gets in the way doesn't it? Stupid biology wink.gif . On the other hand, I just have to start thinking about dishes like curry chicken, phad thai, or sushi, and instantly I remember that food is good biggrin.gif.

That's cool that you play the guitar. It's a good way to vent emotion without having to say anything- you can just find a mood and go with it. What kind of music do you like to play?

^ lol i have lyrics/poems but the moment i touched the guitar i played all the acoustic songs I used to play years ago.

.  On the other hand, I just have to start thinking about dishes like curry chicken, phad thai, or sushi, and instantly I remember that food is good  biggrin.gif

That's cool that you play the guitar.  It's a good way to vent emotion without having to say anything- you can just find a mood and go with it.  What kind of music do you like to play?

thanks to you!!!! *hugs* wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

i have a big-ass photo i took tonight. hope it works. i have my makeup but still the fact that there are no bumps anymore is remarkable.

user posted image

I'm glad to see you're smiling, it's a good look for you wink.gif . And your skin is looking very healthy!

I have pretty much the same story with my playing skills. Would "Overjoyed" happen to be by Jars of Clay? I love their music... my favorite song of theirs I can play is "Frail". The old songs are the most fun to play. biggrin.gif

^of course Vertigo! *hugs back* wub.gifwub.gif

I'm glad to see you're smiling, it's a good look for you  wink.gif .  And your skin is looking very healthy!

I have pretty much the same story with my playing skills.  Would "Overjoyed" happen to be by Jars of Clay?  I love their music...  my favorite song of theirs I can play is "Frail".  The old songs are the most fun to play.  biggrin.gif

Your skin looks amazing.

Don't worry about boys!!

You could get any boy. eusa_dance.gifwink.gif

Anyways, I couldn't find where you said what dosage you started with??

What dosage did you start with and did you get an initial breakout?

How long did it take for you to get clear??

Sorry for all the questions. eusa_angel.gif I'm having a dilemna as to wait out taking Accutane (I'm going to India for a month... coming back mid July) and visit my friends in mid July to late July ORstart taking Accutane in mid July and visit my friends in mid July to late July ORto start taking Accutane in mid July and visit my friends in mid August to late August.

What do you suggest?

I need some advice!!

I also don't know what dosage to start on... I was thinking 10-20 mg. My acne is mild but back acne is worse.

I want to be able to wear a swimsuit (BIKINI) without being conscious of my back acne and when I visit my friends we're planning to go innertubing and wakeboarding. eusa_boohoo.gif

I'm leaving tomorrow for India so... if you could back to me ASAP that would be awesome. biggrin.gif