Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultima

Breakout after stopping tetracycline

I've been following the regimen for the past two and a half months, and I've also been taking tetracycline as prescribed by my doctor for the past two in a half months. In the past two weeks, my skin started to get rather clear.. I didn't really have any pimples or severe redness on my face, just a lot of spots from the old pimples. Since I saw things were starting to clear up, I started putting the BP cream on only once a day. At night I would also put some extra BP cream on the spots.

Now, it's been about a week since I stopped taking tetracycline, and I've had a breakout. I have some zits on my upper lip and my left temple has exploded along with a couple other ones here and there. My back used to be almost completely clear; now I have 3-4 pimples there too. Today I bought C&C continuous control Acne wash with 5% BP cream (was using a C&C regular facial cleanser before), and I am continuing to follow the regimen.

Any advice, tips? I'm really frustrated as I'm friggen 22 years old, but it feels like I'm a 16 year old teenager when it comes to acne.

Probably best advice is to get back on your "tetracycline" and see if you continue to see results with it. If you are then don't take it away untill you ask a doctor

Probably best advice is to get back on your "tetracycline" and see if you continue to see results with it. If you are then don't take it away untill you ask a doctor

I stopped taking it because i finished the pill bottle wink.gif

Anyways, I bought some C&C BP Acne wash and used that twice a day.. it cleared me up a bit. Then I went down to 1x a day and the old spots flared up again..

I also went to see a doctor and he prescribed me some tretinoin to put on at night and some erythomycn gel to put on 2x a day. Someone care to tell me more about these products? smile.gif